PDA

View Full Version : Any good Counter Strike playas here?

Byzantine Prince
01-12-2005, 22:25
Ok well i've given up CS for a little but if some people want to play with me I will re-install and we could play 2 on 2 or something. So are there any hardcore playas here?

(Not source, I dont' have that yet)

Kaiser of Arabia
01-12-2005, 22:39
I have source.
I have my good and bad days

Colovion
01-12-2005, 23:32
I love Source, just finished playing a little Office and Prodigy.

Sometime I have 10-1 kill ratios... sometimes it's the other way around. It's bizare.

Byzantine Prince
01-12-2005, 23:58
I really need to get source. But are my stats enough: 1.2GHz, 512Mb RAM, Radeon 7500(64Mb)?

The Tuffen
01-13-2005, 02:01
I don't know, The min requirments for HL2 is a 1.2ghz CPU, 256mb RAM, and a DX 7 Graphics card. You will need a DVD drive (unless you pay and download it from Steam).

I havn't played CS yet (either version - will do as soon as i get bored of JO)

Somebody Else
01-13-2005, 07:27
I've got source - lost my original half-life cd, so can't dig that out. I usually manage to break even when I play - I'm not all that good, but occasionally have good rounds. Partly depends on my piece of junk computer - 1.2 / 2 Ghz (laptop), 512 RAM, 64Mb GeForce 440Go. If you ever see someone playing with the tag "Nobody" - that might be me.

*edit* Though, I have to say, I still prefer America's Army

Efrem
01-14-2005, 03:28
I gave up on cs source I just find that I spend 4/5 of my time dead, and 3/4 of my deaths I don't even see a single opponent. Whats the fun in that??

So I've gone back to DOD, at which I kick ass! At least on avalanche.

[DnC]
01-14-2005, 17:43
I really need to get source. But are my stats enough: 1.2GHz, 512Mb RAM, Radeon 7500(64Mb)?

I have a 2Ghz, 1024MB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB and CS: Source still runs complete and utter crap on my pc. Don't know what's really causing it though. I still have a couple of tricks op my sleave to improve it somewhat, but I'm not quite sure if that will be enough. I've got the latest ATI drivers and just hope that's the problem. HL2 on the other hand runs a lot better then CS: Source, though not great.

CSS does play odd and is I.M.O. less fun. Far too many times my gun refuses to fire! Especially the AWP. Possibly there's a fire-delay when switching guns now that didn't know, like the delay you get with switching from a weapon to AWP and immediatly try to scope in CZ (and if I'm correct also in 1.6?), but it takes a couple of seconds before the scope pops up. This way you can't fire as rapidly with the AWP anymore. Also the game just seems to play less CS-like and the movement animations are poorly done I.M.O. They seem to run like a bunch of stiff fellows, as opposed to CS 1.6 and CZ where the animations look a lot more fluent and realistic. Not being able to give a function two different keys, like the previous CS versions, in the optionsmenu is also a thumbs down.

I usually play CZ and am from Europe, so the timeframe makes it harder to play a game with you and I have the impression you play 1.6, which I don't really like to play. On 1.6 I have a hard time finding servers (or better yet, I can't) where the gameplay feels smooth, meaning what you hit you actually hit. Also not this, what I'm frequently experiencing, backing off/going in/to another direction and it feels as if there's a 2 sec. delay (don't hear any gunfire anymore) and you still see health being knocked off, it's hard to explain, it just feels laggier (my ping is on the servers I play on mostly 20-30, my rates are 101/101/25000). With CZ that barely ever happens, unless my ping is high (80-100 for example).

Anyways I have my good games and bad ones. I have games where I'm number one scorewise or just have a good score, but I also have games with mediocre scores (2-1/1-1 Kill/Death ratios) and occationally poor scores, but that barely happens nowadays. In the beginning I was really poor at playing CS ~D Most of the times at rockbottom. Didn't like playing so bad all the time, but I kept coming back. Anywho it depends how I'm feeling and how aggressive (as in offensive, trickery and such) I play. When I'm playing aggressive I usually play better then hanging a bit back.

Whether I'm good or not? I consider myself above average.

Fragony
01-14-2005, 18:55
Everyone with L33T SKILLZZZ!!! will tell you that counterstrike was made for babies that couldn't handle the dance of death that is rainbow six. Rainbow six owns all, and I own all with rainbow six. Counter strike BUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kaiser of Arabia
01-14-2005, 23:46
Everyone with L33T SKILLZZZ!!! will tell you that counterstrike was made for babies that couldn't handle the dance of death that is rainbow six. Rainbow six owns all, and I own all with rainbow six. Counter strike BUHAHAHAHAHAHA
Rainbow Six sucks (golf) balls!
~:)

"Black Bob" Craufurd
01-15-2005, 02:50
Counter Strike was the most hacked up game Ive ever played. I had only gotten it recently, but wow...what a waste of money that was. I used to play Rainbow Six 3...was pretty good until that started getting hacked up as well.

JAG
01-15-2005, 03:04
I played CS for years - from 1.0 to a few months before source. Got pretty good, won a couple of competitions in the UK online with my clan, had fun, but moved on really. 1.3 was the best, why they ever moved beyond that is a mystery, 1.1 and 1.3 were the holy grail for the CS community, those were deffo the best times. The emergence of the CPL in full force and the feeling that we could all be pro etc, was really great, and the CS was the best back then too. Now it is camp, sit, sit some more, watch, wait some more and fire!!!!!! What.. Fun. At least back then it was down to shooting skills not waiting ones.

dessa14
01-15-2005, 07:09
well i only play lan and bots with condition zero, which i got for my birthday, condition zero is worth 50aud just for the deleted scenes game, which is cool.
thanks,
dessa