PDA

View Full Version : Can someone lower my warn level?

Byzantine Prince
01-13-2005, 18:15
I learned my leston, I won't misbehave here again. Can someone(an admin or soething) please at least lower my warn level? :help:

Thank you.

Byzantine Prince
01-15-2005, 22:13
Well, I already apologized. Can somone at least respond. This thread has had like 33 viewings and no responces.

I'm like the only poster with this, can someone take it off please. :help:

Kaiser of Arabia
01-15-2005, 22:28
erm... don't be surprised if it takes a really long time.
It took forever when I had a 3 warning level.

CBR
01-16-2005, 00:18
I guess it will be lowered over time if you behave from now on. I cant answer how long it will take.

CBR

Byzantine Prince
01-16-2005, 01:10
Seems kind of pointless considering we almost all adults who understand words. I admit I didn't know you couldn't swear or make sick jokes. Now can someone lower my warning level so I can edit my Avatar?

Adrian II
01-16-2005, 01:24
Seems kind of pointless considering we almost all adults who understand words. I admit I didn't know you couldn't swear or make sick jokes. Now can someone lower my warning level so I can edit my Avatar?Giving or lifting of warnings is none of my business, but for what it's worth I second Byzantine Prince's humble request. I can understand what bugged him when he first came here, because there are so many horrible websites out there that it is hard to believe initially that the .org is such a rare exception. He has apologised to Solypsist for a particularly ill-considered post he made, and now he has apologised to us all. And his posting style has changed because he has, as stated in his own words somewhere, understood the benefit of the .org style of moderation. Of course I do not expect the Honourable TosaInu or any of the moderators to answer this post of mine; I just hope they will consider it.

CBR
01-16-2005, 02:00
Well Im just a lowly Assistant Moderator but since no other "official" has responded I will make sure its noted.

CBR

Byzantine Prince
01-16-2005, 02:22
Thanks a lot AdrienII and thank you for noting it CBR. I certainly apreciate your input and support.

Gregoshi
01-16-2005, 06:33
Continue doing what you are now doing BP and your warning level will drop. You've much improved in the past week and it is good to see.

Gawain of Orkeny
01-16-2005, 08:15
Man I thought my warning level would never go down. Its a real pain in the butt aint it? Many of us have been through it. No pain no gain as they say. It certainly has made a better poster out of me.(no laughing you guys)

Lechev
01-16-2005, 19:07
Man I thought my warning level would never go down. Its a real pain in the butt aint it? Many of us have been through it. No pain no gain as they say. It certainly has made a better poster out of me.(no laughing you guys)

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Do you think I'm cute Private Pyle; do you think I'm funny?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Then wipe that disgusting grin off your face.
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Well any XXXXXXX time sweetheart!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I'm trying sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-XXXXXXX-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-XXXXyou!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: ONE! TWO! THREE!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I can't help it sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: BS! Get on your knees scumbag.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Now choke yourself.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: God dammit with my hand numb nuts.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Don't pull my XXXXXXX hand over there. I said choke yourself; now lean forward and choke yourself.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [choking Pyle] Are you through grinning?
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: BS, I can't hear you.
Private Gomer Pyle: [Louder] Sir, yes sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: BS, I still can't hear you. Sound off like you've got a pair.
Private Gomer Pyle: SIR, YES SIR!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: That's enough; get on your feet. Private Pyle you had best square your aXX away and start shXXXXXX me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely XXXX you up.

~D

Edited due to words of indecency suggestive nature

Byzantine Prince
01-16-2005, 19:20
If he doesn't get in trouble for that then I think the org is full of hypocrites.

Sasaki Kojiro
01-16-2005, 19:27
If he doesn't get in trouble for that then I think the org is full of hypocrites.

You are right in that it is not enough to star out some of the letters of swear words. But he is not directing them at another patron. Not quite the same thing.

Lechev
01-16-2005, 19:39
I think mine post is ok, as i have edited out all those $%3^ swearing word out.

I dont know why, but Gawain's ending message which tells us not to laugh at him suddenly reminds me of a boot camp scene in "Full Metal Jacket" so i posted it out.

If the moderators feel that theres a need to issue me a warning then i will take it as a man if i really breaks the rule here. ~;)

Byzantine Prince
01-16-2005, 19:49
I think mine post is ok, as i have edited out all those $%3^ swearing word out.
So did I but I still got into trouble.

I admit though I also made a sexual comment but then again so did you in that passage from one of my favorite movies. So you still have to get in trouble. It's unfear. Why do I get in trouble while guys like you(and you're not the onyl one so don't take it personally) are allowed to roam free.

Big King Sanctaphrax
01-16-2005, 19:58
So did I but I still got into trouble.

I admit though I also made a sexual comment but then again so did you in that passage from one of my favorite movies. So you still have to get in trouble. It's unfear. Why do I get in trouble while guys like you(and you're not the onyl one so don't take it personally) are allowed to roam free.

You appear to have ignored Sasaki Kojiro's post. Although that quote probably isn't as clean as it should be, the bad language was not directed at another patron.

Therein lies the crucial difference.

Lechev
01-16-2005, 20:43
BKS, Thanks for the clarification. Btw, Byzantine_Prince i don't post often ( you can see from my number of post and the date i join ) and i seldom take part in the activities in the back room ( or war room IMHO ).
This lack of participant helps me to keep my nose clean and furthermore i lack the intellectual qualities in a number of fields ( Politics, Geography etc, etc ) to be able to take part in a constructive discussion.

As what BKS had pointed out, as long i am not directing at any other patrons here. Afterall, there must be a tolerance level and as long as i don't cross that line indicated by the administrators :bow:

A.Saturnus
01-16-2005, 21:27
Lechev, please read this thread:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=33146

Byzantine Prince, I hope you are serious when you say you learned your lesson. I that´s the case, your warning level will go down over time. But you must show that with your behaviour, simply saying you changed isn´t enough.
Listen to Gawain, he knows what he´s speaking of. We had some trouble with him half a year ago - or he with us, however you want to see it. But he has improved and now belongs to the best behaved posters in the Tavern.

Lechev
01-16-2005, 21:34
Roger that, i am complying. ~:)

Lechev
01-16-2005, 21:41
Done. Thanks for the feedback and link provided.

Devastatin Dave
01-17-2005, 05:28
Has your warning level gone down BP?

IrishMike
01-17-2005, 06:04
I think your right dave. It was a 5 now its a 3.

Byzantine Prince
01-17-2005, 06:39
Wow, thanks you guys. Now I can do more stuff.

Devastatin Dave
01-18-2005, 04:30
Good for you BP, I can't even view the backroom.

Gregoshi
01-18-2005, 05:41
Good for you BP, I can't even view the backroom.
Dave, would it help you to know little has changed? Just think how much better your blood pressure must be. ~;)

LittleGrizzly
01-18-2005, 08:12
then how come i don't see a warn level for dave ? or is the backroom more of a permanent no go zone now for him ?

btw dave he lies the conservative are all admitteding us liberals were right all along and everyones declaring micheal moore thier hero and theres no dave to fight it ~;) ~;p

Adrian II
01-18-2005, 08:44
Good for you BP, I can't even view the backroom.Hey Dave,
JAG and Gawain are still mopping up your vomit, if you wanna know. LittleGriz here offered to pay for them broken windows so you better give him a thank you. Hosa's been talking to the police to see if they can get the neighbours to drop the indecency complaint. About that missing car, the broken ZZ Top records and the girls' underwear hanging from the ceiling - what can I say? We miss you! ~D

Togakure
01-18-2005, 10:32
Hmm ... guess I musta missed somethin major. I figured DDave was just preoccupied with the youngin and the missus. As the others said, you ain't been missin' nuthin. I ain't even been lookin' in there half the time cuz the topics and chatter been so borin', and the beer's just as good in the Front Room.

Adrian II
01-18-2005, 15:04
As the others said, you ain't been missin' nuthin.Nah, 'cept Pindar has converted to pacifism and Aurelian's posting from prison after being arrested in one of them peacenik demos. Like I said, we miss you.

Actually we do, you know. :bow:

Devastatin Dave
01-18-2005, 15:41
LOL!!! :bow:

Goofball
01-19-2005, 01:35
What's the difference between a "Warn Level" and a "Ban Level?"

(No that is not the start of a joke, I'm really asking)

~:confused:

Sasaki Kojiro
01-19-2005, 02:11
What's the difference between a "Warn Level" and a "Ban Level?"

(No that is not the start of a joke, I'm really asking)

~:confused:

Don't think there is a ban level...grizz just has that as his custom title.

therother
01-19-2005, 02:11
What's the difference between a "Warn Level" and a "Ban Level?"~:confused: Are you referring to LittleGrizzly's current Custom User Title of "Ban Level: 1"?

Gawain of Orkeny
01-19-2005, 03:31
But he has improved and now belongs to the best behaved posters in the Tavern.

Blushes

By the way as an ex Marine I love that movie and anything the Gunny has to say is fine with me. Ermy is the best and the epitome of a Marine DI. I can still remember almost those exact words and actions coming from my own DIs.

Byzantine Prince
01-19-2005, 05:34
I don't think they are allowed to sear rampantly like that anymore. I could be wrong.

Gawain of Orkeny
01-19-2005, 06:38
I dont think they were allowed to do it to us either ~;)
Well its true they have changed some n their training methods and treat recruits more humanely now as its a more technically based force. Nut you would be amazed at the thigs they would do to us that they werent supposed to . And they would tell you that they werent but do it anyway.

LittleGrizzly
01-19-2005, 06:47
hehe, works like a charm...

Byzantine Prince
01-19-2005, 07:21
I dont think they were allowed to do it to us either ~;)
Well its true they have changed some n their training methods and treat recruits more humanely now as its a more technically based force. Nut you would be amazed at the thigs they would do to us that they werent supposed to . And they would tell you that they werent but do it anyway.

Man that is still pretty soft compared to what they do in the Russian military. The videos are every now. I've seen them on the news a couple of times.

Not only do they abuse them verbally but also physically, every day for no reason, in a systematic way. They would for example line them up and then one guy would come through and kick each one on the chest as hard as he could. They beatings were so rampant that many of the marines/soldiers would kill themselves because it was such hell. Just like private gomer pyle did.

Goofball
01-19-2005, 23:03
What's the difference between a "Warn Level" and a "Ban Level?"Don't think there is a ban level...grizz just has that as his custom title.
Damn. Grizz was trolling for suckers and he caught one.

:embarassed:

I'll get you for this, Grizz...

*starts inflating whoopi cushion*

Byzantine Prince
01-25-2005, 21:48
Can someone get rid of my warn level pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase.... :angel:

Lonewarrior
01-25-2005, 22:08
can you please delete mine's......wait....I have none...nevermind

BTW: How come I can't see people's public profiles?

therother
01-26-2005, 01:22
BTW: How come I can't see people's public profiles?You will not be able to see profiles of people placed in restricted accounts, for technical reasons to do with the operation of the board. IOW, it's not a staff policy, just the way things work. You should be able to see the vast majority of User Profiles though.

Byzantine Prince
01-26-2005, 06:19
Can someone get rid of my warn level pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase.... :angel:

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase :angel:

Lonewarrior
01-27-2005, 01:23
You will not be able to see profiles of people placed in restricted accounts, for technical reasons to do with the operation of the board. IOW, it's not a staff policy, just the way things work. You should be able to see the vast majority of User Profiles though.

ahh I see thanks ~:cheers:

Lonewarrior
01-27-2005, 01:24

first you have to go through a ritual

Devastatin Dave
01-27-2005, 05:21

Me too!!! ~;)

Fragony
01-28-2005, 13:50
//raises hand

backroom acces pronto, or I will start crying and your wife thinks that's sexy.

Redleg
01-28-2005, 16:02
Me too!!! ~;)

You don't need a change to your warn level Dave - you need a change to your ban status.

:charge:

Devastatin Dave
01-28-2005, 17:00
You don't need a change to your warn level Dave - you need a change to your ban status.

:charge:

Well, we know that will never happen!!! ~:cheers: boobies...

JAG
01-28-2005, 19:12
//raises hand

You 'banned' from the backroom too?!

Byzantine Prince
01-28-2005, 20:14
//raises hand

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yes crying is sex, lol.

I'll start crying too. Wait... here... it... comes.... :bomb: ~:mecry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :freak:

Fragony
01-30-2005, 10:40
You 'banned' from the backroom too?!

I prefer silenced, I am a true martyr. You could of course sign the 'we want fragony' petition, and while you are at it support my campaign for world domination. Fragony will remember his friends, you may get a first class ticket to Syberia.

Ser Clegane
01-30-2005, 10:46
You could of course sign the 'we want fragony' petition

*starts chanting*

"Free-e-e-e Fragony-y-y-y" :guitarist:

Big King Sanctaphrax
01-30-2005, 19:31
Keep on Rockin' in the free world, Frag!

Devastatin Dave
01-31-2005, 00:04
Hey Frag, wht did you do to get on the naughty list?

JAG
01-31-2005, 05:21
wtf, why is Frag banned? I fail to see why, could a mod explain why he was banned? I saw no case of overly abusive etc material he posted, come on lads.

I see why Dave was banned - sorry Dave - but Frag? .. Nope.

Devastatin Dave
01-31-2005, 05:22
Reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! reinstate Frag!!! :charge:

Redleg
01-31-2005, 05:40
Dave my friend - you have to play nice now if you want to get your posting privledges for the Tavern's Backroom back.

In other words you must become an :angel:

Devastatin Dave
01-31-2005, 05:51
Dave my friend - you have to play nice now if you want to get your posting privledges for the Tavern's Backroom back.

In other words you must become an :angel:

I just want to read the backroom. Especially on days like today. There is nothing more satifying than watching a banquet where crow is served and liberals are in the buffet line!!! HAHAHA!!! There goes those angel wings!!! lol

KukriKhan
01-31-2005, 14:44
Hey Frag, wht did you do to get on the naughty list?I suspect he doesn't know himself.
He got caught up in our sweep of accounts with over-sized sig pics. I cropped his old sigPic to make it less than 10K in size, and PM'd him with the new one - but he never responded, nor did he change his pic. Notice he has none now.

I guess he's just one of those folks who seldom checks his PM's or email. He can get his account upgraded by following TosaInu's instructions in the "Sig" thread here in the Watchtower.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=40255&page=3

Red Harvest
02-01-2005, 01:07
BP should be permanently banned. PERIOD. I can't believe we don't have an absolute ban policy for those who support terrorism, but we should.

Byzantine Prince
02-01-2005, 01:38
I don't support terrorism. I simply stated my opinion which is perfectly fine with the rules of the board. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I should just shut up.

Red Harvest
02-01-2005, 02:24
BP,

After what you have written I have no more respect for you than I would a cockroach in my soup. Actually, I probably have more respect for the cockroach, it just does what it is genetically programmed to do.

Devastatin Dave
02-01-2005, 03:22
Ouch, I agree with you somewhat Red Harvest, but lets not let this thread get away from its topic, wait, what was the topic? Oh well....boobies... big gigling boobies...

Horay for Frag, read your PM's brutha man!!! get back in that backroom and get to posting...

Byzantine Prince
02-01-2005, 04:07
After what you have written I have no more respect for you than I would a cockroach in my soup. Actually, I probably have more respect for the cockroach, it just does what it is genetically programmed to do.

Retype what offended you, please. Seriosuly, if you tell me what I said that wasn't true and i'll admit that I was wrong and i'll apologize. If not then don't offend me. I still have enough respect for you to forgive you for the above statement, you still have to give me a rational reason for why I'm wrong. I love a compelling argument but if i read something along the lines "people died blah blah blah" then I won't even respond nor have any respect for your judgement.

PanzerJaeger
02-01-2005, 04:27
BP should be permanently banned. PERIOD. I can't believe we don't have an absolute ban policy for those who support terrorism, but we should.

I cuncur. As one of those people who, according to BP, deserves to be blown to pieces, i cannot forgive what he said. There are so many things i want to say to him in the name of terror victims, but civil words allowed on this board wouldnt even come close to the anger i feel towards him. Although i still dont believe he deserves to die.., a nicety not recipricated.

Red Harvest
02-01-2005, 04:47
PanzerJager,

That sums it up for me completely. I've had to restrain myself mightily from saying what I really think. If he thinks I should be blown up... well, all of my thoughts toward such a person could either be described as self defense, or homicidal depending on one's perspective. NONE of them are in any way polite nor are they going to become so. He's lucky he's not within arm's reach. Not a threat, just an observation.

Redleg
02-01-2005, 06:13
I completely disagree with a permenent ban of any forum patron because one finds their posts offensive. That is not the direction we need to go regarding Byzantine_Prince statement.

Byzantine_Prince needs to acknowledge that his word choice did lead to an atmosphere of hostility and hurt, just like the othe patron who apoglized for their choice of words, and attempt from posting in such a manner again.

And yes Byzantine_Prince what you stated was incorrect - the word deserves places blame on the victim. I will not retype the complete sentence because I suspect you know what you wrote.

By the way - I also think Dave should be allowed back into the backroom, for exactly the same reason - does this community really want to permenently ban anyone because they express their opinions?

Devastatin Dave
02-01-2005, 06:43
BP shouldn't be permanently banned, but he should still be punished harshly unless he can give a satifactory reason or apology for his post. But take it from the master of apologists, you can only apologize so many times BP, then it just gets old.

Thanks Redleg for the kind words. I got thrown out last time, for all things, taking the Lord's name in vain (cursing) and being belligerent. Something set me off, i can't remember what it was. I thought I was proving a point, but I got a little off track. Heck, its been long enough that i can't even remember what it is....

Red Harvest and Panzer, pity them my friend, do not scorn. That is my thought for the day!!! ~:grouphug: ~:grouphug: ~:grouphug: ~:grouphug:
I love you all, kissy, kissy, smoootchypooos!!!

Byzantine Prince
02-01-2005, 06:50
I find this threatening behaviour very perplexing. I said nothing that wasn't true. The US government has killed much more people in Iraq then Osama has on the US. Let's see 100,000 versus 3,000. I never said it was a good thing nor did I condone it. I only said that you can't expect people to have no backlash when you support Israel. Israel has had war with Syria, Egypt, and Palestine and almost all of the help came from the US. You shouldn't think of only yourselves. Other people have suffered as well. Especially from the war in Iraq. That was my opinion and if I was an American I would ashamed of my country if I wasn't allowed to voice it. That is what America was founded on, the right to dissent. I was only saying that I wasn't exactly drying when they hit the Pentagon, especially since they hired Osama in the first place. I hated the fact that citizens were lost though. It was a great tragedy. How many times do I have to repeat that to you deadheads. Lay off the pot will ya!?!

Redleg
02-01-2005, 06:59
I find this threatening behaviour very perplexing. I said nothing that wasn't true. The US government has killed much more people in Iraq then Osama has on the US. Let's see 100,000 versus 3,000. I never said it was a good thing nor did I condone it. I only said that you can't expect people to have no backlash when you support Israel. Israel has had war with Syria, Egypt, and Palestine and almost all of the help came from the US. You shouldn't think of only yourselves. Other people have suffered as well. Especially from the war in Iraq. That was my opinion and if I was an American I would ashamed of my country if I wasn't allowed to voice it. That is what America was founded on, the right to dissent. I was only saying that I wasn't exactly drying when they hit the Pentagon, especially since they hired Osama in the first place. I hated the fact that citizens were lost though. It was a great tragedy. How many times do I have to repeat that to you deadheads. Lay off the pot will ya!?!

Someone has issues with admitting when they are incorrect in their choice of words and created a feeling of hostility and hurt - so instead of arguing with you - I guess I will just have to show you where your statement was offensive.

Your words Byzantine Prince

Yes the US does deserve an attack. I think it would have been better if he had just attacked the Whitehouse, the Pentagon, and the CIA headquarters. That outta send a good message.

This is an unclear statement, completely different from what you just posted, it also that implies that you condone the attack and support it - and would like to see it done again.

Most people that are offended by such a statement would not bother to read the rest of what you had to say - because that statement implies to almost everyone that reads it exactly what I stated. That you made other arguements about how you came to that conclusion does not matter to most - because of the implied message in your statement and the amount of hostility that it created.

Byzantine Prince
02-01-2005, 07:10
Yes the US does deserve an attack. I think it would have been better if he had just attacked the Whitehouse, the Pentagon, and the CIA headquarters. That outta send a good message(The governement).

Does it say the two towers? NO!!! So I don't condone senseless killing now do I? Everyone in those buildings(the ones listed) was guilty of war crimes. Why shouldn't i admit that I dont like them?

This is an unclear statement, completely different from what you just posted, it also that implies that you condone the attack and support it - and would like to see it done again.
It's not different, it's exactly the same. The CIA hired Osama. Did i mention the Pentagon gave Iraq the technolology to build weapons of mass destruction.
Oh and Saddam DID have weapons of mass dectruction before Bill Clinton blew them up in '99.

Someone has issues with admitting when they are incorrect in their choice of words and created a feeling of hostility and hurt

If they feel hurt by my words then they are obviously ignorant of my intent.

Devastatin Dave
02-01-2005, 07:11
Hey asshole, ever consider that there are military members in these forums? So since I'm in the Air Force, do I deserve to die? If you want to play "deserves" guess what, if Canada was significant, they would have slammed planes into some of your buildings since you guys are defying the extrimist's "faith". But considering the only military Canada has is basically the US and no one really gives a rat's ass about what "Canuckistan's" opinions are or government thinks, the US gets attacked while you guys can continue marrying homosexuals and doing drugs and allowing terrorist sympothizers to be elected into your governemtn ofices. So take your garbage back in the backroom. Perplexing? Whats perplexing is your utter and complete ignorance on why people WOULD take offense to your HATEFUL opinions.. So, unless you have something productive or explainatory about your behavior, such your mouth or take you filth to the backroom.

PanzerJaeger
02-01-2005, 07:22
His (thinking of how not to personally attack him).... antics... are not worth losing you on this forum Dave. Edit your post, save it for someone worth your time! :bow:

Byzantine Prince
02-01-2005, 07:22
I'm glad to see you know something about Canada. LOL, the head of state iof Canada is the Queen. IF anyone attacks Canada they'll have to deal with Britain as well. Technically I am a citizen of the British Empire.

BTW what do you have to do with the Pentagon? My point wasn't who deserves to be attacked. I'm not a terrorist. I don't care. My point was that those assholes in the Pentagon can't mess with other countries and expect no backlash. That's it.

PanzerJaeger
02-01-2005, 07:38
I'm not a terrorist.

Of course not, it takes courage to act upon hatred. You simply justify their killing.

Redleg
02-01-2005, 07:39
Does it say the two towers? NO!!! So I don't condone senseless killing now do I? Everyone in those buildings(the ones listed) was guilty of war crimes. Why shouldn't i admit that I dont like them?

It's not different, it's exactly the same. The CIA hired Osama. Did i mention the Pentagon gave Iraq the technolology to build weapons of mass destruction.
Oh and Saddam DID have weapons of mass dectruction before Bill Clinton blew them up in '99.

If they feel hurt by my words then they are obviously ignorant of my intent.

Byzantine_Prince, frankly for someone who wants their warning level to be lowered - you are showing here why your warn level should not be changed - nor that you have learned your lesson about posting styles that initially got you the warning would be my obversation.

You asked earlier for one of the ones calling for a permenent ban to show where your statements were offensive - and so I attempted to show you where your statement could of offended someone. That instead of attempting to understand the point - you jump into an immediate defensive rethoric to attempt to justify your statements. In my many years of dealing with people in a supervision role - to include children- normally when someone jumps into such a defensive stance they know they are wrong - or they are looking for a confrontation. Or they have an inablity to think beyond themselves. Whatever your reasons for posting in the matter thaty you do - you are demonstrating why your warning status should remain exactly where it is - or even increased;

Since people can only read what you write - your intent has to be spelled out - not for them to guess. When you leave it for them to guess what your intent was with your statement - well we see where that goes don't we. When your comments are for the most part impolite when someone response to your comments - you once again lead them to assume the worse about your statements. Civil discourse is an art that one must learn if they want their warn status to lower - I violated it everynow and then - and I normally ackownledge that I am wrong. However it seems you have an issue about doing so.

Byzantine Prince
02-01-2005, 07:41
Ok let's just stop this. I'm sorry I wasn't more direct in my point. I shouldn't have said things a certain way. I understand why you would think they are offensive. If you want you can re-read them. I'm sure it makes some sense.

My brain works in very erratic ways. I can't even type right. I think of the future first and then sequence gets confused when the mind jumps back to catch up. You know what I mean?

Redleg
02-01-2005, 07:47
Ok let's just stop this. I'm sorry I wasn't more direct in my point. I shouldn't have said things a certain way. I understand why you would think they are offensive. If you want you can re-read them. I'm sure it makes some sense.

My brain works in very erratic ways. I can't even type right. I think of the future first and then sequence gets confused when the mind jumps back to catch up. You know what I mean?

Yes I do.

Redleg
02-01-2005, 07:49
By the way - I did re-read them multiple times - and that is why I stated that you should not be banned permenently.

Words are powerful and some are more powerful then others - I often rewrite my posts more then once to remove some comments - or at least until someone truely gets me angry - then I just fire right back at them - hence the current warning status that I have.

Byzantine Prince
02-01-2005, 07:53
Well i can't edit my posts because they don't allow me. I would've probably edited that out right after i posted it. It was a moment thing. Also it was a subject I was very passionate about. I do apologize for not making myself more obvious and understandable.

Redleg
02-01-2005, 07:58
What I have taken to doing at when writing my posts - is read them twice before hitting the Submit reply button. With the way the server has been eating some of my longer posts on - I have been using Word which allows me even a better ablilty to edit - especially since I can not spell worth a darn.

Proof reading prior to submitting does me a lot of good - and I find myself editing before anyone sees it that way - and hopefully it will keep me from over-reacting to anothers post in the future.

Proletariat
02-01-2005, 08:20
Everyone in those buildings(the ones listed) was guilty of war crimes.

You disgust me. You're a malicious imbecile. That will probably insult you, and it should because that is what it's intended to do. Your point of view on this matter is so astoundingly myopic and inhumane, and the fear of the spread of such stupidity frightens me so, that all I can manage is a reasonably articulate display of personal invective. But I suppose this little tantrum of mine communicates one worthwhile idea: namely, that if you seriously want to fight about this issue and to attempt to claim some speck of moral high ground over it, you had best prepare yourself to deal with a lot of people who not only disagree with you, but think you've taken leave of your senses

Was one of my close friends, an US Army nurse who happened to be at the Pentagon that day guilty of war crimes? An E4 nurse?

There were so many other things you could've said about 9/11 and that was what you chose. Ar7 at least was quick to explain his position. You on the other hand love to post inflammatory remarks constantly and have now reprehensibly crossed a line while simultaneously asking for your warning level to be reduced. Amazing.

If I get banned for name calling, oh well. I'm debating whether this is even the place for me anymore.

Red Harvest
02-01-2005, 09:04
Well said, Proletariat. Please don't leave because of him.

Somebody pass BP another shovel, he's about worn this one out.

Fragony
02-01-2005, 10:35
I suspect he doesn't know himself.
He got caught up in our sweep of accounts with over-sized sig pics. I cropped his old sigPic to make it less than 10K in size, and PM'd him with the new one - but he never responded, nor did he change his pic. Notice he has none now.

I guess he's just one of those folks who seldom checks his PM's or email. He can get his account upgraded by following TosaInu's instructions in the "Sig" thread here in the Watchtower.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=40255&page=3

Kukri, I did get your PM, you said you had taken the liberty of resizing it, and you were hosting it yourselve. And I did respond with a polite thank you....

The_Emperor
02-01-2005, 10:51
Come on guys relax and take a deep breath...

There's no need to turn this into an excuse to flame. ~:grouphug:

Ar7
02-01-2005, 12:11
If you have a look at the first messages regarding this topic, then it is obvious, that BP never said that he supported terrorism. All he did was bring out the subject that US, as a country, has also been involved in wars and that these wars have caused many more deaths than the above mentioned terrorist attacks. These deaths were caused to civilians not the opposing army, but the people tend to forget about it.

The way I understood his posts, correct me if I am wrong here, was that if such a terrorist attack can make the goverment stop its expansive politics towards other nations, then it was worth it. If such an attack would have stopped the next war then it would have been worth it.

BP's post are actually quite logical and there is a large amount of people who think the same way in the world. Nice examples are pacifist demostrations around the world and even in the US itself. He expressed his opinions using the wrong vocabulary, but was quickly jumped at with wrong conclusions which forced him to reply more aggressivly.

All in all BP never approved terrorism but rather took the side of the countries which have suffered numerous deaths during the wars with US. But because of such a position he was quickly associated with terrorism as terrorism comes from the countries that US invaded.

I understand there are emotions involved here, but you should stop throwing insulting remarks at BP and take time to better understand his views ( and try to look past sometimes bad wording ), after all a large percent of the world thinks the way he does.

KukriKhan
02-03-2005, 14:37
Redleg gives good advice we all should follow:

1) Read, then post. Follow the discussion up to the most recent post. Responding to a week-old post that has already been discussed, resolved, and forgotten is regressive and counter-productive.

2) Preview, then Submit Using either the Org's 'preview' button, or your own word-proc software, re-read your words. "Is it necessary?" "Is it civil?" "Does it further the discussion?" If the answer to any of those questions is "No", the post needs more work.

Kukri, I did get your PM, you said you had taken the liberty of resizing it, and you were hosting it yourselve. And I did respond with a polite thank you....Sorry Fragony, I guess your PM got dropped in one of our recent outages.

In case you missed Tosa's instructions, here is what to do:

Near the top of this page, find the 'FAQ' link. Click it, and scroll down that page to find the 'Pictures in Signatures' link. Click it, read the short page of sigPic policy, COPY it.

Now send a PM to TosaInu. PASTE that text you copied into the PM (this tells him you've read and understand the policy). He will re-authorize your full membership.

BTW, that smaller-sized pic is still available, if you want it.

sharrukin
02-03-2005, 14:53
If you have a look at the first messages regarding this topic, then it is obvious, that BP never said that he supported terrorism. All he did was bring out the subject that US, as a country, has also been involved in wars and that these wars have caused many more deaths than the above mentioned terrorist attacks. These deaths were caused to civilians not the opposing army, but the people tend to forget about it.

The way I understood his posts, correct me if I am wrong here, was that if such a terrorist attack can make the goverment stop its expansive politics towards other nations, then it was worth it. If such an attack would have stopped the next war then it would have been worth it.

BP's post are actually quite logical and there is a large amount of people who think the same way in the world. Nice examples are pacifist demostrations around the world and even in the US itself. He expressed his opinions using the wrong vocabulary, but was quickly jumped at with wrong conclusions which forced him to reply more aggressivly.

All in all BP never approved terrorism but rather took the side of the countries which have suffered numerous deaths during the wars with US. But because of such a position he was quickly associated with terrorism as terrorism comes from the countries that US invaded.

I understand there are emotions involved here, but you should stop throwing insulting remarks at BP and take time to better understand his views ( and try to look past sometimes bad wording ), after all a large percent of the world thinks the way he does.

I will say up front that I did not support the American attack on Iraq as I believed it to be a mistake. The attack on Afghanistan on the other hand was well done and morally justified.

But there is no equivalence between military attacks that result in civilian deaths and terrorist attacks that target civilians. Military and leadership sites, such as the White House and the Pentagon are legitimate targets in a conflict. But the terrorists did not target them because of this, but rather simply as targets designed to inspire as much fear and publicity as possible. They attacked the Two Towers on the same day with the same intent.

As to the civilians who died that day, the terrorists were overjoyed. The Iranians were the only nation that had spontaneous demonstrations AGAINST the terrorist attacks. The Palestinians were singing and dancing in the streets. Compare that with the ridiculous American obsession with smart bombs and precision guided munitions to avoid civilian deaths. As boneheaded as the Americans are at times there is a world of difference between them and the terrorist networks.

War is not, and never has been a good thing, perhaps necessary, but never good, and when nations war, civilians die. A nations leader should know that going in, and make war only for a damn good reason.

Now some would argue that that dispossesed groups have no other way to strike back. The problem with such reasoning is that being on the losing side does not give you the right to butcher civilians. The American troops in Vietnam felt they had no way to strike back at the Viet-cong but this does not justify the massacre at the village of My lai.

If such an attack would have stopped the next war then it would have been worth it. Tell me, what CAN'T be justified with such logic?

And no, most of the rest of the world does not think that way!

Fragony
02-03-2005, 15:14
Now send a PM to TosaInu. PASTE that text you copied into the PM (this tells him you've read and understand the policy). He will re-authorize your full membership.

Crap a PM, I send an email to tosaina@totalwar.org, is that ok as well?

Devastatin Dave
02-03-2005, 15:20
My point was that those assholes in the Pentagon can't mess with other countries and expect no backlash. That's it.

Jeeze, you're still an ignorant ###k. :dizzy2:
Will someone ban this feces throwing monkey?!?!? Don't you understand those "assholes" in the Pentagon are ASSIGNED there. Like I'm ASSIGNED here at Scott. You my friend are a complete idiot.

Bump up my warning levels if the mods need to, but some things need to be said.

KukriKhan
02-03-2005, 15:47
HALT!

Stop, right there. I do not moderate this forum, so have no power here. TosaInu alone has that, and his hands are very full right now.

However, until Tosa can step in here: the next flame will get that poster's account suspended.

econ21
02-03-2005, 16:03
Well i can't edit my posts because they don't allow me. I would've probably edited that out right after i posted it. It was a moment thing. Also it was a subject I was very passionate about. I do apologize for not making myself more obvious and understandable.

This is not a flame, but I wonder if the mods should rethink the sanction of people not being able to edit their posts? Isn't it a bit like punishing speeding drivers by taking away their car's brake pedal?

The_Emperor
02-03-2005, 16:42
This is not a flame, but I wonder if the mods should rethink the sanction of people not being able to edit their posts? Isn't it a bit like punishing speeding drivers by taking away their car's brake pedal?

I agree, but of course even if you make quick use of the edit button (as I often do) there is always the danger that your post will be read anyway before you manage to edit it quickly enough.

As has already been said it is good to re-read it before posting, but mistakes can and do slip by when doing that, in which case the edit function is useful.

TosaInu
02-03-2005, 17:17
Good call Simon Appleton,

It's true what you say, but there's also another side to this. At least mods can see who's speeding. Different people, different opinions and that's going to clash at times.
Unfortunate, but happens. Kiss up or ignore and keep moving.

It's happened, that people posted controversial bits (again and again), people responded and the initiator edited his post. So, we have a flame, often going on and on, who started? The guy who responds looks like a intolerant idiot. Trolling it is called I believe.

The purpose of removing the edit is also to force people to think before hitting submit, you don't have 2 warnings for nothing.

About what's going on here: very bad word choice, no doubt. I can see some don't like the message (even if it was worded properly), there is a statement though. Discuss it, ignore it, but don't spiral down with more bad language.

Enough about this, topic closed.