PDA

View Full Version : Help ! Broken Rtw

Throb
01-16-2005, 22:53
I have managed to break disc 1 of Rome Total War, the case really did not like giving up them discs and I have gone and broken one. I dont have the receipt for the game as it was a birtday present.
Anyone have any ideas or am I going to have to go buy it again ?

KukriKhan
01-16-2005, 23:11
Yikes! You could have broken Disc #2 or #3, and still limped along.

I'm afraid you're sunk, m8, unless your birthday benefactor has a receipt. Sorry. :oops:

Throb
01-16-2005, 23:16
Oh hells bells ! better see if they kept the receipt, though I dont think they have !

mfberg
01-18-2005, 16:53
You might also check with support at Activision.

mfberg

Ar7
01-18-2005, 17:32
This might be considered illegal, probably is, but since he bought the game anyway....you could try and download the CD1 from the internet.

*runs away from the police* It was just a suggestion don't lock me up :policeman:

Leodegar
01-18-2005, 22:41
Send your broken CD to Activision and ask them to send you a new one. If they care about their customers, and every company should do so, they will send you a new one. I would give it a try!

Throb
01-22-2005, 23:51
Thank you I will try Activision.

infernalbob
01-23-2005, 01:28
i'ved just thought of something regarding to this. maybe since you did buy the game and i'm actually doing activision a favor here by by doing it for them ~:) ~:) ~:) is there a way that if i copy the whole file i can post it here and i'd give you directions on how do copy them into a file and how to work it. let me know if you want and i'll give it a try. and i'm not kidding either. that's what members do help each other.

Oaty
01-23-2005, 03:19
i'ved just thought of something regarding to this. maybe since you did buy the game and i'm actually doing activision a favor here by by doing it for them ~:) ~:) ~:) is there a way that if i copy the whole file i can post it here and i'd give you directions on how do copy them into a file and how to work it. let me know if you want and i'll give it a try. and i'm not kidding either. that's what members do help each other.

No that'd be illegal. As someone with knwledge could download those files and crack it. On top of that it may not work unless you cracked it.

Anyways e-mail activision for instructions and most companies for a 3.99 fee or so for shipping and handling replace it for you.

The other tactic is to ask a game store if they'll swap it for you and they can return it to the distributors for replacement.

Throb
01-23-2005, 16:38
Once again thank you for your help Ladies and Gents, I have emailed Activision, and I do know of the shop it was bought from but alas I have no receipt, I will try the shop though.

Is a real pain, and i'tll teach me to be so heavy handed, but that box really did not like giving up the discs !

Jochi Khan
01-23-2005, 17:30
Just an idea that may help to protect the playing disc (No.1 CD)

My game came with all 3 discs in one case.
Transfer the playing disc (No.1) into another CD case so that it is the only one there. That way less chance of damage than when all 3 are together.

Hope you get a replacement for your broken CD.

Jochi

Throb
01-24-2005, 21:18
All wel land good in hindsight Jochi Khan, but why they make the cases so hard to retrive the discs from I dont know.

Any way here's what Activision said, well basically they are saying you'll have to go buy the whole game again.

Cheers Activision

Date 24 January 2005

Further to your correspondence of 22 January 2005

The warranty is limited to the recording medium containing the software program originally provided by ACTIVISION and is not applicable to normal wear and tear. The warranty shall not be applicable and shall be void if the defect has arisen through abuse, mistreatment or neglect. Any implied warranties applicable to this product are limited to the 90-day period.

When returning merchandise for replacement, please send back the original product disks in protective packaging and include:
UK.
1. A photocopy of your dated sales receipt.

2. Your name and return address, typed or clearly printed.

3. A brief note describing the defect, the problem(s) you encountered and the system on which you are running the product.

4. If you are returning the product after the 90-day warranty period, but whithin one year after the date of purchase, please include a cheque or money order for £10.00 (Europe) for PC titles, £20 for PS 2 or X Box titles per CD replacement.

Discs should be returned to:
Activision Customer Services
9th Floor
Skypark
8 Elliot Place
Glasgow
G3 8EP

Note: Certified mail is recommended.

Your customer number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you need further assistance in Europe, please call our technical support staff at
0870 241 2148 or contact us by e-mail at support@activision.co.uk . Also be sure to include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
James at Activision Technical Support