PDA

View Full Version : CA - Give me back my legions!

Yun Dog
02-02-2005, 00:39
The neat row of dead bodies in front of my archers have all been killed by friendly fire!!! :furious3:

THE OUTRAGE!

DISGRACEFUL!

http://members.westnet.com.au/rogun/screenies/friendly_fire.jpg

Chaos_Shade
02-02-2005, 00:44
Thankfully this next patch will make the archers ai more like Medieval where they wouldn't fire into friendly troops unless ordered too ~:)

Bob the Insane
02-02-2005, 08:11
While the patch will make things less dangerous for you men it will not stop friendly fire if you insist on ordering your archers to fire through your troops...

In MTW if you left your archers on fire at will and did not give then specific oders they would not shoot at enemy units engaged with your units, but if you had ordered the archers to shoot at an specific unit and that unit later engaged your troops the archers would continue to shoot until you changed their orders or gave them a halt command...

Give the true 3D nature of RTW I think there is also code in the patch to prevent your archers shooting if a friendly troop is stood directly in front of them.

While I welcome this change, personally I always thought that getting lots of FF from your archers was simply carelessness on the part of the player. Though it would be interesting to know whether the AI suffered from the same level of FF...

Jonny Dangerously
02-02-2005, 10:50
personally I always thought that getting lots of FF from your archers was simply carelessness on the part of the player

Totally. Initially FF from archers really wound me up, but having done a bit of archery I eventually came to like the feature. I'd rather it wasn't patched because it's realistic.

Colovion
02-02-2005, 10:55
Totally. Initially FF from archers really wound me up, but having done a bit of archery I eventually came to like the feature. I'd rather it wasn't patched because it's realistic.

Not when your archers shoot people in front of them (directly in front) and you lose the battle because of the archers not realizing not to shoot friendly troops; that doesn't sound realistic to me. I'd probably agree with you if the "Stop Firing" button actually worked.