PDA

View Full Version : lots of lag!

Hortensius
02-07-2005, 23:47
Think i might be in the wrong place, but here goes............since installing 1.2 i have been experiencing lots of lag, especially if i use fire arrows and any army above 5/6 units. I am the seleucids in Egypt at the mo and i just fought a battle of 18 units v 17, and i virtually had to watch it move frame by frame?? Also any battles involving Eastern infantry looked really comical as the Inf. did not have any feet, just pointy things, they looked like the armies ballet dancers !!!
I am on a ge-force mx4400, 3 ghz athlon, 512ram, but i am not familiar with my card settings so i dont know if there is anything there that could be altered, any help much appreciated,

Thanks. ~:confused:

Brysk
02-07-2005, 23:49
First off, I think your card is a quite a bit over the hill, and second, if you want the "full" legs, you need to turn on unit shaders, in previous 1.1 and 1.0, you had to set to medium unit detail or higher, I guess this lets you compromise for both.

Prodigal
02-08-2005, 08:20
Pleased someone brought this up...I'm using a Radeon 9600 Pro, on a P4 with over a gig of Ram, & about 180Gb Hd space (as a brief spec)...Now my question is, why do I have the same problem as Hortensius? I've had to turn off most of the eye candy already & still it lags to the frame by frame. Any help would be appreciated ~:)

Wh1teWolf
02-08-2005, 12:21
First off defrag your system and then use adaware, spybot or some other program to get rid of your spyware, also if you get lag which us with proper systems do not keep turning your eye candy down, I have a P4 2.2 with 1 Gig of ram and a 9800 pro video card with no problems at all on high visuals, I have got a little bit of a slow down with huge fights when i ZOOM in but turning some visuals to medium fixed it rite up.

Also ensure you have no other programs running in the background while playing. :book:

Turbo
02-08-2005, 22:34
Pleased someone brought this up...I'm using a Radeon 9600 Pro, on a P4 with over a gig of Ram, & about 180Gb Hd space (as a brief spec)...Now my question is, why do I have the same problem as Hortensius? I've had to turn off most of the eye candy already & still it lags to the frame by frame. Any help would be appreciated ~:)

One thing that worked for me was changing the BIOS aperature size to 128. Do you have an Intel MB?

Hortensius
02-08-2005, 23:57
Hey steady on Turbo, your'e getting a bit tech. for me. What i cant understand is i was getting good performance before the patch? i am playing a saved game but from what has been posted it seems this shouldn't make any difference. My mx440 has 128mb ram with all the latest drivers so whats happening? If it really is my card can anyone suggest a good upgrade around the £70/80 mark? or is there any game/card settings i can change? (please be specific) LOL

Cheers ~:cheers:

SpencerH
02-09-2005, 00:23
Are you using the minimal_UI:TRUE setting? I've noticed some strange laggy behaviour while moving the camera (units stop moving) that I didnt have with the normal setting and I have a 9800 pro.