PDA

View Full Version : I Love This Game!

Grand Duke Vytautas
02-11-2005, 09:46
After playing Rome Total War for a half year, all I can say that I LOVE THIS GAME and never played such a magnificent creative logical game ever in my life! Despite some bugs (I've got used to them and don't care about them anymore), which are always whined about, the game is perfect for me. This is my most beloved game since autumn 2004, because it doesn't matter how much I play it, smth always is interesting, RTW is not a boring, but exciting game for me! I can't wait to play it once I get home every day! I LOVE THIS GAME!

Zalmoxis
02-11-2005, 09:53
You have a long name.

Byzantine Prince
02-11-2005, 09:54
Oh man, you are new to the game. You shoudl have been there when STW came out. It was freaken insane. Also strategy wise STW was even better then RTW so you would have loved it even more.

Unfotunately I have lost my copy of STW and now I miss it a lot. I'm gonna have to find a new one now. IT's kind of hard but I won't give. It's a classic.

Grand Duke Vytautas
02-11-2005, 11:22
Well in TW game series I also played Medieval:TW, it's also a very nice game with cool AI, although I didn't like it very much because of bad graphics ~:cheers:

Grand Duke Vytautas
02-11-2005, 11:24
You have a long name.
YEAH Zalmoxis! My name is probably the longest in this org:) Do you know who Grand Duke Vytautas really was in medieval history?

fret
02-11-2005, 11:29
Do you know who Grand Duke Vytautas really was in medieval history?

Was he a Lithuanian? ~;p ~:)

master of the puppets
02-11-2005, 13:01
where is lithuenia? somewhere between nowhere and la-la land?

Epistolary Richard
02-11-2005, 14:14
Was he a Lithuanian? ~;p ~:)

You'll be asking if the Prince of Wales is Welsh next.

And please tell me that no one on this thread thinks Lithuania is a made-up name...

buujin
02-11-2005, 14:21
rtw has better grapics and more features,

mtw had better gameplay and battle mechanics

Paul Peru
02-11-2005, 14:35
And please tell me that no one on this thread thinks Lithuania is a made-up name...
He's probably just pulling your... string.

According to some there are 2 things you ought to know about the late RL Grand Duke Vytautas of the Lithuanians:
1. He was a Grand Duke
2. He was of the Lithuanians

fret
02-11-2005, 14:52
You'll be asking if the Prince of Wales is Welsh next.

He isnt! He's half English(mother - Queen of England) and half Greek (father - Prince of Greece (now the Duke of Edingburgh) ~:P :)

If youd have asked that before the breakup of the Eastern Bloc, I bet there would be quite a few people who would ask the question!

The Stranger
02-11-2005, 15:03
Oh man, you are new to the game. You shoudl have been there when STW came out. It was freaken insane. Also strategy wise STW was even better then RTW so you would have loved it even more.

Unfotunately I have lost my copy of STW and now I miss it a lot. I'm gonna have to find a new one now. IT's kind of hard but I won't give. It's a classic.

i was there, damn if it wasn't so cold in holland, i would slept before the doors. ~D

The Stranger
02-11-2005, 15:04
where is lithuenia? somewhere between nowhere and la-la land?

so, and where is Jersey then

Lord of the Isles
02-11-2005, 16:39
so, and where is Jersey then

On top of shirt?

nokem
02-11-2005, 16:55
He isnt! He's half English(mother - Queen of England) and half Greek (father - Prince of Greece (now the Duke of Edingburgh) ~:P :)

Make that 3/8 naturalized English (of French ancestry), 1/8 German (Queen Victoria's husband, Albert) and 1/2 Greek (the DoE).

Slaists
02-11-2005, 18:54
The Grand Duke Vitautas who ruled from 1392 to 1430, brought the greatest military and political prosperity to the country. During his reign, the push eastward by the German Order was broken. In 1410 Vytautas, along with his cousin Jogaila Jagiello, won the Battle of Grünwald (Tannenberg), against the might of the Order. He also annexed many Belorussian, Russian and Ukrainian territories to Lithuania and extended the state border all the way to the shores of the Black Sea.

Byzantine Prince
02-11-2005, 19:23
The Duke of Edinborough is not greek! He was born in greece, yeah. Ethnically though he's half Russian and half Danish(I think).

Overall the Royal families have no real ethnic identity anyways. They are so extremely mixed.

Mouzafphaerre
02-11-2005, 19:35
-

...and half Greek Never. Kings of Greece were from Denmark (except the very first "Otho" being Otto from Bavaria). ~;)

If you want to know about Vytautas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vytautas_the_Great), Wikipedia would be a good starter.

PS: Calling a country between nowhereland and some other profanity, along with misspelling her name, is totally uncalled for and requires sanction. Moderators are notified.
-

RangerLee
02-11-2005, 19:59
Only on the org will a posting by someone saying they love the game turn in to a debate over the nationality of a duke....

Colovion
02-11-2005, 20:28
it's nice to see someone still enjoys the game that much

Mouzafphaerre
02-11-2005, 21:28
-

Only on the org will a posting by someone saying they love the game turn in to a debate over the nationality of a duke.... Nay, that just makes the ORG fit into the standards:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=40867
~;)
-

Lord Dazed & Confused
02-11-2005, 21:30
I agree with the the Duke, I really like it also, even more so now with the new patch and I have been playing the TW series since STW, I haven't even got round to finishing HL2 yet as I always get bored and end up playing Rome.
When ever you play something like Battle for MIddle Earth you realise how good all the TW games really are are bugs and all ~:)

master of the puppets
02-11-2005, 21:39
man i did'nt think my little remark about "nowhere and la-la land" would cause such a stir
lol

btw i was kidding i know where it is :P

BDC
02-11-2005, 21:50
Yeah, lots of people here have very little sense of humour.

Put loads of silly faces all over it to show it's harmless!

~D :dizzy2: ~:eek: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: :duel: