PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots all black

clm100
02-13-2005, 04:59
Background
I've been playing and loving R:TW. I'm about to beat a long campaign as the Julii. My empire currently extends across all of europe (the Iberian, the UK, Central and Northern, all of italy (Minus Sicily), through to Domus Dulcis Domus, Campus Scythii, Campus Getae and now I'm moving down to Salona, etc). I'm at 106BC and have a huge army, dozens of family members, etc.

I just reinstalled windows (XP Pro) today and put on the latest ATI Drivers, motherboard drivers, etc. Everything is GoodToGo™. The problem existed previously however with Windows 2000 and the same hardware.

My Problem
Whenever I take a screenshot in the game by pressing the PrtScn/SysRq button all the .tga files show up as solid black. What's the correct way to do it? I want to be able to merge my family into one screen! I want to be able to share my map! Any assistance would be appreciated.

Windows XP Pro, SP2
Athlon 3000+
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, latest Catalyst
1GB DDR
etc, etc

professorspatula
02-13-2005, 05:01
Turn off anti-aliasing to stop getting black screenshots.

Alternatively, keep it on and download FRAPS from www.fraps.com It'll take the screenshots and more besides.

clm100
02-13-2005, 05:24
Turn off anti-aliasing to stop getting black screenshots.

Apparently it was off now. I turned it on and now they're working. Kinda buggy, eh?

Mikeus Caesar
02-13-2005, 13:39
I was going to suggest fraps. It is one hell of a photo thing!!