PDA

View Full Version : Crash to Desktop

Remus
02-14-2005, 23:10
What are some of the reasons why RTW would crash??

For the past 2 days, everytime I have fought Germany, I will start the battles fine, kill or rout 1 unit of theirs, and then the next thing that happens is a CTD. Is it a defence strategy for the Germans?

Now I have modded a couple files, the scarface fix, and using 1 of the julii skin's(apu's I think). Would those do it? Should I reinstall??

Any suggestions or reason why the game crashes would be helpful, and I think it would be nice to have them all in 1 place.

My initial thought is that the couple mods I am using are doing it, but who knows.

professorspatula
02-14-2005, 23:43
Have you made some change to the German units at all? You could always save just before fighting the germans - then test to see if the battle crashes the game, and then exit the game (if you're not at the desktop already). Revert to an unedited version of the game and see if the game crashes when you fight the battle unagain. Obviously if you can fight Germans without the game crashing with an unedited RTW, something is amiss with your mods.

Remus
02-15-2005, 01:51
I have made no changes to the Germans, but I will try switching to the unedited version.