PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things AI does during siege battles

BeeSting
02-15-2005, 01:56
Having to discuss strategy in defending a siege is moot. And this is why:

1) The AI will rush at the town center without capturing towers, hence being cut to peices by "walking" along side the walls.

2) The AI, if the gate is opened by a spy, will rush the whole army toward the gate nearest to them, causing a great traffic jam around the entrance. At this point you need only to cause the first unit to break back toward the gate, which will cause a black, condensed mass men around the gate pushing at each other… you can easily kill the entire army by going over the walls and hitting from both directions.

3) If faced with a greater AI foe, I will block all paths toward the town center at the town center itself. They will drip feed tired units that were cut to pieces on its way toward the center, so they route immediately after engaging my units. I never build walls anymore, it is best to let them in and trap the AI in the town centers and wipe them out in great numbers where your units will fight to the last man.

BeeSting
02-15-2005, 02:03
The siege aspect of this game is absolutely half azz done. It is a killing ground for the AI altogether. And I feel so bad after cutting down so many of its best men with the lowest of my units. So to play fair, it may be best to have it auto resolve.

Vanya
02-15-2005, 18:23
GAH!

The walls are the defender's force multiplier!

GAH!