PDA

View Full Version : Died peacefully

parrrrk
02-16-2005, 10:12
With 1.2 patch, family tree now shows the members life time and how they ended their life, like "Died peacefully".

But once one of my generals was killed in battle, but family tree says he died peacefully.

Does anyone noticed this kind of bug?

And what else other than "died peacefully"? Are there "assasinated" or "killed in battle"?

The Stranger
02-16-2005, 10:27
yes killed in battle and died peacefully are the only ones i noticed. also ai doesnt assinate much

Paul Peru
02-16-2005, 10:27
My faction leader "Died screaming" and got his nickname changed to "Shittypants". Or was it all a dream? :help:

nokhor
02-16-2005, 16:24
i'm beginning to believe 'whim of the gods" is when a character is assasinated. or dies in a storm or eruption. because it is different than the 'died of natural causes' which i assume is old age.

and i am referring to that blue/black image with the guy dead on the bed and the woman in the background with her mouth covered that pops up whenever a character croaks.

hrvojej
02-16-2005, 16:42
But once one of my generals was killed in battle, but family tree says he died peacefully.

To my understanding, this happens when he wasn't leading the battle in which he died, i.e. when there was another higher-ranking general present.

On a side note, it would seem that people tend to live longer post-patch as well. Before I think the oldest I got weas in mid 60s, and now I have an 86yo grampa running around with his great-grandchildren.

professorspatula
02-16-2005, 17:20
Yes, another silly oversight by those masters of making oversights and silly errors - CA. Two generals in a battle, both die, only one gets the 'Died in Battle' message. It must be incredibly taxing to change it so both get the same epitaph.

Dooz
02-16-2005, 17:42
Unless my memory is screwin with me, I'm pretty sure I saw "assasinated" or something like it. I think it's a pretty cool little feature...ette...y...

Teleklos Archelaou
02-16-2005, 18:21
To my understanding, this happens when he wasn't leading the battle in which he died, i.e. when there was another higher-ranking general present.

On a side note, it would seem that people tend to live longer post-patch as well. Before I think the oldest I got weas in mid 60s, and now I have an 86yo grampa running around with his great-grandchildren.This is exactly correct. I had two generals die in one battle recently and the one leading it got the 'died in battle' remark while the other had a 'died peacefully' remark.

I'll give it to CA, they did try to make the family tree a little more interesting with the death descriptions, but they messed that up too.

Barbarossa82
02-16-2005, 18:38
Regarding the side note on longevity, I recently completed a campaign as Macedon where my faction leader, Damasos the Killer, was still alive aged 97 at the end of the campaign. I imagined he was holding on for the satisfaction of getting revenge on the Romans for the violent deaths of all 3 of his sons.

Kaldhore
02-16-2005, 18:51
I had a 78 year old pre- 1.2 I havent noticed anything more significant post - patch.

Old Celt
02-16-2005, 18:57
Yes, another silly oversight by those masters of making oversights and silly errors - CA. Two generals in a battle, both die, only one gets the 'Died in Battle' message. It must be incredibly taxing to change it so both get the same epitaph.

That may be so, but I think they have nothing over your mastery of sarcasm.

parrrrk
02-17-2005, 02:23

Yes, you are right. He was my highest rank general, but was leading reinforcement when he got killed.

I think this new feature is cool. I like it. But,of course, its not working well is a little disappointment.

wraithomega
02-18-2005, 05:47
There's also "died tragically" which can happen, for example, when your 45 year faction leader, lets call him Decius Scipio, is killed in an earthquake along with 846 mostly praetorian cohorts while laying seige to the last numidian city in mauretania. Man did that seige end quickly....