PDA

View Full Version : walking thru walls

InsaneApache
02-18-2005, 10:36
I was reading the 'buildings on the battlefield' thread and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this...

I was defending a settlement, 2 onangers and assorted Roman units (I'm playing as SPQR). I placed most of my infantry in the square, with Onangers covering the gate, one on a path the other just in front of the square in a cul de sac.

When the battle started the Onanger on the path was fine and I started squishing the Gauls. The other was out of range (the Gaul army had moved). So I dragged the 2nd Onanger to line up next to the 1st....well guess what? the Onanger passed through the bulding on front of it ~:eek: although apart from the men pushing it, the rest of the crew had to find a path through (as they ALL should have done)

Just had a thought....maybe the town was a ghost town? lol

Sinner
02-18-2005, 11:42
I think that in trying to fix the pathfinding a bug or two might have been introduced.

I've had a couple of instances when a unit is coming down off the battlements of a stone wall and some of the troops end up outside the city, having walked through walls to get there. It seems to occur if you drag and drop to trace out a new formation as part of your movement order. If you're lucky you'll still be able to control the unit, clicking on a location and both sets of troops - those inside and outside the walls - will make their way there. Other times they just seem totally confused and will not move, I would guess because they're trying to reform the unit but can't 'see' a path to do so.

Colovion
02-18-2005, 12:09
Yeah in the old 1.1 version I had some instances where my troops would walk through a corner of a building. .... as if it wasn't even there. O.o

Mikeus Caesar
02-18-2005, 12:23
I can just see the CA trouble-shooting group now...

CA trouble-shooting leader: 'Why fix pathfinding, when we can just make everyone walk through the buildings rather than around!?'
Trouble-shooting group: 'Hurrah!! Now, let's get some champagne, sit back, and watch the poor people complain!!

Colovion
02-18-2005, 12:27
"we need them to buy the expansion pack"

Mikeus Caesar
02-18-2005, 12:29
If they want me to buy the expansion pack, then they are going to have to improve pathfinding, and actually make men walk around the buildings, not through them.

LegolasII
02-18-2005, 18:16
earlier today i was playin and i sent in my wardogs to finish the survivors in a settlement and they all ran around to the plaza but one "determined" dog ran through the fence, like 3 buildings, the otehr side of the fence, and then ran into an enemy spear and fell over dead lol. poor doggy...... wish i coulda saved replay but it was a CAMPAIGN BATTLE.....

Mikeus Caesar
02-18-2005, 19:40
That's another thing they need to include: Saving battle replays in campaign mode. Why couldn't they have included that in the first place, lazy giats.

Ziu
02-19-2005, 11:51
In 1.1 I had some eastern infantry enemy soldiers(seige) run through the city's wooden walls and round to a gate to let the rest of their unit in. :furious3: