PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

Zorn
02-18-2005, 18:48
Today I lost a General to a revolt.
Pretty funny actually. A ten star general, who fought countless battles in spain and africa, who killed thousands (and quite a lot of them personally) and never lost a single battle gets slain by a mob.
:dizzy2:

The Stranger
02-18-2005, 19:22
definitly ouch

LegolasII
02-18-2005, 19:55
these things r the reason y i love to save after like every move i make lol.... a general dies wen i dont want him to go back a turn and do sumtin difrent and the outcome changes... kidna cheap but ya

hoom
02-18-2005, 22:09
Or be more like reality & just deal with it.

Thats one of the coolest things about the Total War series, you lose a great general (often to something stupid) & it hurts personally (partly cos you probably knew you shouldn't have sent him there without adequate support...) but its unlikely to be a complete disaster for the long term campaign.

I even came back in Shogun from ~20 soldiers (the remnants of my multiply defeated armies) besieged in a small castle.
'Twas a glorious last ditch charge down that hill from the castle! :charge:
Broke the siege & forced my foe to give me some breathing space.
Which of course led to his ultimate defeat & my eventual rise to the rank of Shogun :bow:

Kraxis
02-19-2005, 01:18
I even came back in Shogun from ~20 soldiers (the remnants of my multiply defeated armies) besieged in a small castle.
'Twas a glorious last ditch charge down that hill from the castle! :charge:
Broke the siege & forced my foe to give me some breathing space.
Which of course led to his ultimate defeat & my eventual rise to the rank of Shogun :bow:
Damn you have much more mental courage than me.
Whenever I lost the first few initial battles of STW I gave up. The game would simply swallow me up it seemed.

The Stranger
02-19-2005, 10:23
had the same thing. i'm a MTW and RTW pro but i never learned how to play STW right.