PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars republic: Total War

bish
02-19-2005, 19:38
Hi,

I have decided to develop the mod Star Wars Republic: Total War, which will be set during the clone wars. The finished mod should feature factions such as the Confederacy of Independent Systems, The Galactic Republic, The Galactic Senate, and perhaps even the Huts or Wookies, which could add a hand-to-hand combat element. Although the Rome engine is not really suited to technology such as starfighers I do believe it would be possible with determined effort to create a mod which could emulate the large scale battles as seen during the clone wars.

Although I am an inexperienced Rome modder, I am a fairly competent programmer and have some scripting knowledge of other games, so I am fairly confident I can pull of most of what will be needed. However I am absolutely useless when it comes to 3d/ 2d art which is severly holding me back, I would really appreciate any assistance on this front and if you would like to join the development team then please email me @ thomasbishop@hotmail.co.uk.

I would also be very glad if you could post any suggestions or questions you might have here or at the republic total war forums.

The website is http://republictotalwar.fragism.com (please note there are no screen shots as of yet as the work I have done already is rather experimental on stuff such as blaster beams - not really that impressive to look at)

Regards, Bish ~:cool:

Alexander the Pretty Good
02-19-2005, 19:57
Wow! If this works, that would be great! I fully encourage you in this endever. If I thought I could help, I would offer it. Sadly, I am no modder. Though I can offer advice about the gameplay (ie what I would like to see ~D ) and Star Wars in general.

I don't think you should have Wookies as a specific faction. The Hutts sound cool, though.

Some factions maybe kinda:
Galactic Senate
Republican military (allied with the Senate; think of them as all of the Roman families united and working with the Senate)
Confederacy
Hutts ("the Hutts are gangsters")
Jedi? Make them allied to Senate & Republican military?

For more factions, look maybe at starwars.com - at one time, I really liked their site. Now I like it (the formatting, mostly) a lot less. But such is life.

How are you going to treat planets? As islands in a sea of stars, with ships being naval units?

This sounds great. May the Force be with you!

AssasinsShadow
02-19-2005, 20:27
Being a SW fan, books and movies, I always thought a SW mod would be awesome. But seeing as i have zilch experience at modding, I was always intimidated by the task. Clone wars setting sounds interesting, although I would have made it post Episode 6, where you have more options for factions. Irregardless, good luck with you mod, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help ~D ~:cheers: ~D

bish
02-19-2005, 20:44
How are you going to treat planets? As islands in a sea of stars, with ships being naval units?

If i get it off the ground you should be able to move between each planet by using space transports. Either each planet will be one sellement on the campain map or like you said i could have round islands in a sea of stars.

I was planning on the jedis being the general of the republic such as Yoda or Mace Windu. Although a jedi faction sounds like a good idea since i have only few factions.

bish
02-19-2005, 20:56
Here is a list of units - say if i have missed somthing or if i should include another faction

Grand Army of the Republic
Regular Clone Troopers Plain white=infantry, Yellow=commander, Red=captain, Blue=lieutenant, Green=sergeant
Advanced Recon Commandos Blue=trooper Red=sergeant
Commando troopers
Repusorpack troopers (have jet packs)
Mon Calamari Knights
Jedi knight as a general such as yoda or mace windu

All Terrain Tactical Enforcer (AT-TE)
Self propelled Heavy Artillery - Turbolaser (SPHA-T)
All Terrain Personal Transport (AT-PT)
Saber-Class fighter tank

Confederacy of Independent Systems
Battle Droids Blue=pilots, Yellow=commander, Red=security
Bio Droids
Chameleon Droids
Destroyer Droids (droidekas)
Dwarf Spider Droids
Hail Fire Droids
Homing Spider Droids
IG Lancer Droids
Super Battle Droids
Geonosian Royal Warriors
Quarren

General could be General Grievous or Count Dooku

AAT’s -tank
STAP (single trooper aerial platform)
MTT (Multi-Troop Transport)

Hutts
Those piggy guys i have forgotten their names
(need more suggestions)

Keba
02-19-2005, 21:39
The Hutts would have lots of Mercs.

I'm thinking light infantry/skirmishers mostly (smugglers, bounty hunters, goons, thugs, bandits, pirates, etc.), with, again, light armored support (modified speeders?). Cheap, easily replacable, troops. They should counter this by having lots of units, making lots of money (and hence hiring large numbers of mercenaries).

I personally think the idea is great and am willing to help out (by offering advice, my modding skills never got off the ground, leafing through 300-odd pages of insturction for 3Dmax just didn't seem like a good passtime), but I know a lot more about the Dark Age of the Empire and afterward, I didn't really like Episodes 1 and 2, and thus my knowledge is limited.

Perhaps the Jedi should be their own faction, allied to the Republic (thinking up units would be a mess, maybe Republic troops on detached duty).

Wookies were never independent in their own right, but having an unit or two of mercs would be fun.

I would ask for an elaboration of Mon Cal knights. I thought they were ship-builders in the rebellion and not much good in combat (fairly weak and not very tough).

bish
02-19-2005, 22:06
I have a question. What are the banners and logos of the factions.
I have looked all over the net and found very little on what the logo of the cis and republic looks like. I have seen an empire like logo on clone helments but i have no other information on this.

Kaiser of Arabia
02-19-2005, 23:23
good luck
how you gonna get past the fact that ranged units fire in volleys?

Sundjata Keita
02-19-2005, 23:43
A starwars mod has been proposed before and was eventually deemed impossible by restrictions of the engine and probable copyright enfringement but good luck all the same. Here is the thread https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=42614. There maybee some ideas that you will have to get round but I don't know much about starwars so yours might be a different time period or something

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 02:17
Hey, just wanted to drop in and tell you that an idea for the Star Wars mod is simply a good idea; although I cannot stress the importance that it will be difficult to make. Hey, I'm no modder, but I've seen firsthand of what the engine was designed to do... visually.

Anyway, putting provinces as islands of planets and the sea as the universe, well... that sounds like a very hard thing to do; so what I can think of this mod is the ability to recreate a continent with varying degrees of terrains and unusually named provinces controlled by whomever you deem necessary to the greater good.

However, the storyline in Star Wars does not fit in the mold of rigid battle formation as the movies have shown that tactics are modern and conventional in spite of the ending movie that consisted of clone troopers marching into the ships. If I may, I would like to present you an idea of a Star Wars storyline that is a little off-base here, although does hold some credibility to Georgie-boy's SW history.

"The Republic has geared up for the clone wars, and yet have to begin their battles elsewhere against the factions who opposed the once glorious empire. The clones have marched into their ships and have landed on a planet called "X" (note: just to experiment). There were startup factions populating centralized areas and forced themselves to fight in the name of the Separatists. The Clones responded by marching to the areas and fighting in the name of the Republic itself. What turned out to be a grand battle resulted in problems for the sector."

Something like that, but ya know, there is a thread about a guy who described using hi-tech guns as the form of fighting, although he does point out with clarity that if you take away the hi-tech guns and replace them with energy swords or the like, it adds a certain element to the game.

As for me, I would like to see an entire continent filledi with wondrous landscapes and fighting battles in unsually named provinces against factions unknown... And don't get me wrong, I would love to see the mod in it's working state for RTW.

Keep up the work and we will utterly drool at the sight of the unit pictures. ~:cool:

See ya...

02-20-2005, 02:31
Notes on units - you cannot have all those officers like you would wish. But you can have (per unit) a standard bearer and an officer (bearer = sarge, officer = Lt.?).

Republic:
Standard clone unit is fine
Recon - maybe smaller but faster? Not sure about this Maybe merge them with the commandos???
Commandos - not a great battlefield choice; maybe make them an agent instead of assasin/spy?
COULD replace commandos with a similar assault trooper (hey, SW gives us a little leeway for making up units)
Repulsor pack troops would be incredibly difficult to simulate purposefully in the RTW engine - recommend you not bother trying (though if you somehow do, it would be a fantastic miracle)

Armor
All Terrain Tactical Enforcer (AT-TE)
Self propelled Heavy Artillery - Turbolaser (SPHA-T)
All Terrain Personal Transport (AT-PT)
Saber-Class fighter tank

These would be quite difficult. Never mind the problem of animation, the engine might require riders. Could be very difficult. Maybe a later version? (ie release 1.0 without armor...)

Confeds
Battle Droids - apparently you can have different skins for the same unit (though only one skin will be shown for the entire unit) that could spice up the color configurations
Bio Droids - don't remember them
Chameleon Droids - ditto
Destroyer Droids (droidekas) - difficult to work, but good if possible would be like the elephants
Dwarf Spider Droids - hard
Hail Fire Droids - ditto
Homing Spider Droids - still ditto
IG Lancer Droids - ?
Super Battle Droids - my favorite after droidekas
Geonosian Royal Warriors - should be local unit, not mainstay
Quarren - ? I don't know, maybe local unit

General could be General Grievous or Count Dooku - need a generic general... ?
Armor - same problems
AAT’s -tank
STAP (single trooper aerial platform)
MTT (Multi-Troop Transport)

Hutts
You mean Gammorean (sp?) Guards... maybe two or three types of these?
Maybe a Rhodian unit(s)
Generic thug units
Should be forced to rely on mercenaries if possible

Jedi (assuming they are separate) - they should be a very small faction, by the way
Jedi Knight (basic run of the mill)
Rangers (assistants, regular troops but with hit points to reflect some force abilities)
Jedi Master (?) Not great for the battlefied, maybe a general
Ability to use (some?) of Republic units

General ideas and concepts
Militias - from the very little I've read, both sides in the Clone Wars utilized militias to supplement regular army and for backwater skirmishing. There could be a few levels or types of militia infantry availiable everywhere, while regular units (clones & droids) would maybe require a different building (similating bases)
Projectiles - we will have to assume for our purposes that units generally fought in lines (like in 1800's) and fired volleys. To that end, it would be great if units could somehow fire three bursts (like 1/2 or 1/4 seconds between actual laser firing) then pause for maybe 5 seconds. And ammo should be nearly infinite (though not completely)
Meelee - except for a few like maybe Wookies or Jedi, almost all units will be ranged. But they should almost all have a secondary attack - ie hand-to-hand. Exceptions would be some of the Confed units like the droidekas. Suggest most just swing their guns, but a few could have bayonets?
Rebels - there should be many rebels in the game, to signify the amount of uncertainty in the galaxy. To win, the player should have to consolidate his power among the planets and systems surrounding certain base and center planets (like Coruscant). There should be lots of rebel and region-specific units, too, like Wookies or Mon Calamari.
Planets - maybe simulate them with a 4x4 island, with 1 port, 1 city, and two empty spaces. Put them all in a sea of stars... could look pretty neat
Generals
Republic - famous Jedi (not Yoda)
Jedi - famous Jedi (non-human? Yoda?)
Confed - Count Dooku? Robot? Generic man? Alien? Lots of possibilities here
Hutt - hmm. Mercenary (alien?) general or [young] Hutt?
Captains
Republic - clone trooper with correct (yellow?) colors
Confed - droid with correct (blue? Forgot) colors
Jedi - generic (alien?) Jedi
Hutt - ???
Families - the family tree will work with the Hutts, but a better solution would be nice for the others...
Messages - we should make/find nice pictures for messages... If I can learn it, maybe I could make some renders in 3D canvas we could use
Message/Unit descriptions - I could maybe write some
Buildings - we need to figure out this stuff big time

02-20-2005, 02:51
More ideas - as if you haven't heard enough out of me
--------------------------------------------------
Naval units - capital ships should be individual boats, while a single boat should represent a whole fighter squadron/wing. We can make the campaign map unit look like many fighters, but it should be a single entity
Agents - diplomats can stay, as should spies. I recommend we change "assasins" to "commandos" because, quite frankly, Republic Commandos are too cool to be left out. Or have both assasins and commandos, with assasins being weak and commandos being stronger
Walls - what will do about them? Most cities in Star Wars are walled, I would imagine. Maybe have no walls OR:
>select few planet-cities have real strong walls (don't know which though)
>Very weak walls available for all others (just for mild balancing... need some way to keep the besieged from always being overrun...)
New faction - pirate league (needs much better name)
Alot like Hutts, but more ragtag...
Mostly raiders, stay on Outer Rim
V&V's - can have a lot of fun with these
Wonders - I think we could have a few, but no real bonuses like +5 whatever... Just to make it look nicer

And Bish, don't be discouraged even if people (like even I did) pooh-pooh a Star Wars Total War. May the Force be with You!

Sundjata Keita
02-20-2005, 09:18
Just a note you can have more than just a standard bearer and officer. Scroll about halfway down this post for info and picy. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=43707

Also you cannot ignore Capo of Arabia's point about firing in volleys. At the moment ranged units all fire together which wouldn't be good for your mod but for other units just spread them out and I don't see why they wouldn't fit in with star wars.

Another point is what about flying units. Maybee you could use alpha to cut the bottom off say a modded elephant unit to create flying units. Ambitious I know but it would be great if you could pull that one off. Of course they would have to be archer units to actually attack and when they flew over people everyone would fly about as if an elephant had just charged them...

bish
02-20-2005, 11:14
You have got some ideas Alexander thx. I have done a laser effect with a rubishy green texture.

republictotalwar.fragism.com/screenshot1.jpg

Keba
02-20-2005, 16:15
Perhaps what Husnik26 proposed, while I certainly love the space battles in Star Wars, perhaps we chould avoid all the trouble (and retain our sanity, to have all those starships under your command and not be able to lead them in battle :wall: ), and make it all happen on some small Outer Rim world, rather than the sea/space stuff, that would also make it possible to avoid problems with city distance and slowdowns.

Love the fire effect.

Walls should be removed, maybe replaced with static turrets, like the ones on Hoth, instead of towers, but no walls. Is something like that even possible?

If the single planet idea goes, faction:
Planetary Goverment (name would be determined later, maybe moarchy, would explain the family tree)

Infantry

Law Enforcement Rapid Response teams (think SWAT, inferior to military)
Planetary Defense corps. (standard units)
Rangers (Arcanii like scouts, sniper armed)
Planetary Elite Guard (best of the best, of what's avaible :wiseguy: , good, but not as good as other faction's elites, but cheaper and quicker to train)

Vehicles

Swoop bike squads (small, quick, agile, weak)
Ground-tank (basic armor, good against infantry)
Heavy ground-tank (good against armor)
Heavy mortar (artillery, low acc.)

Actually, I think the wonders are hard-coded, either you have them, or you don't. How I miss Morrowind, you could mod and mod, there wasn't a thing hard-coded in that game.

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 17:02
Hello, I am writing in reply to Keba's recent post. However, I certainly do agree about retaining our sanity over coding something difficult like this. Also, I would love to keep the SWR topic alive through a story about Outer Rim Territories, alongside with a list of factions who oppose each other in spite of political troubles for the Old/New Republic (however you may designate).

Keba, I don't know if it's possible to rechange the walls into static turrets (I know the ones you're talking about in ESB). But, it'd be nice to have it for a change. If it's not possible, then we'd have to make do with an Outer Rim story because of stories about backwater worlds that were underdeveloped technologically and economically.

Your idea about a planetary government constituting of a monarchy, like a family line, is not really a bad idea. If you look at various sources for kings, queens, princes, and princesses, you'd know that Star Wars has a healthy list of royals. For example, there is Prince Isolder of the Hapes Consortium, who wooed Leia before Han went nuts looking for her. I can't help thinking that if we were to make a planetary government, then we should classify that as a rebel faction and make the Old Republic the major player in resolving a major issue. Of course, we will include the Trade Federation, if necessary; but I don't see how credible they would be at an Outer Rim planet. To spark things up, how about a separtist faction that is neither loyal to Dooku or Sidious? For example, we'd have our generic samples of clones acting as family members, pretending to be royalty. Plus, there'd be a story about the clones having genome-coded generals, captains, and commanders being competent to carry out their own tasks. I know I must be off-base here, but any story is worth looking into if the idea is alive and kicking.

As for the list of infantry & vehicles, I think they'd be a nice assortment to a rebel faction (for example, mercenary organization)... As for Planetary Defense troops and Rangers, they'd make excellent troops for staging defenses of the cities although.... Keba, I remember a story about a certain lifemate named Atuarre, in the Corporate Sector book (I know, the writing is terrible), who happened to be Triiani Ranger. The book briefly detailed the CSA invading the planet, and retaking it. It also depicts them enslaving the Triiani Rangers under their employ. Just a ranging thought I'd like you to know.

As for the last sentence you wrote about wonders, I think we should include a few cool wonders, like for example the Massassi Temple on Yavin 4. Not exactly like that temple, but if you somehow stumbled upon a wonder, it triggers a battle that you'd have to engage an unknown enemy. Also, the wonders' battles would be a lot tougher than fighting against the factions, just for fun's sake.

And Morrowind, I LOVE Morrowind! I just have not been able to play it in spite of my busy schedule whatnot with moving into a new apartment, rearranging my life priorities and all... But, I can be sure I'll post more on the forum from my own computer.

Okay, that's it for today. Let me know if you have more ideas to add into this topic.

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 17:53
I have several questions to keep everyone on their toes. However, some of those questions will keep busting your minds just to guess. Hopefully, we can arrive at some conclusion to each question.

Question 1: If there will be generals leading troops, such as Count Dooku or Gen. Grievous, what will become of their traits? Or what will be normal traits for good and bad commanders? Specify which traits does what.

Question 2: What will become of the retinue? Surely, you guys at the SWR have thought this out. Please name all, or some of, the members of the retinue that belong to a specific faction. Will there be specific negative/positive bonuses with retinue when added to a particular general or governor?

Question 3: What are the factions, which exist for the mod? the CIS and the Old Republic stands as two major players for the modification, but there must be some smaller factions that are powerfully influential to a backwater planet or whatever ideas you may come up with.

Question 4: What will become of the wonders? Will there be battles with unknown enemies? Or will the wonders be occupied by a known faction? Are there bonuses when you take over wonders and if so, what are they?

Question 5: What elements will be added to SWR? Will there be strategic elements pertaining to battles and position of towns? Or will there be heavy RPG elements such as 'get your princess to marry a prince of her own!"? Keep us posted about this.

Question 6: Will there be specific colorings of troops assigned to each cohort in each faction? Like bish's idea for the sergeants/commanders/generals assignation... that was simply terrific although it make take alot of work to make it happen.

Question 7: What will be the specific timeline or timedate of this particular mod? Will it be staged pre-Clone Wars or back in earlier times? Or a piece of alternate SW history? If you've answered one of those questions, what will be the specific setting for the campaign? For example, bish's idea for planets and the universe, or my proposed idea of a completely strange world, in respect to Keba's mention of the Outer Rim?

I guess all of those questions will keep you busy, trying to figure out what to do. Until then, I'll be waiting.

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 18:03
padawan, jedi, jedi knight, and jedi master ( you should have jaedi master as a general, and like five jedi knights to protect...)
padawan they should be called when they are in training.... jedi is and average soldier (speaking like yoda)
the more traits they get that recons if you shall become jedi knight or jedi master (general)
so what im saying is that jedis should be able to grow in skill

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 18:12
padawan, jedi, jedi knight, and jedi master ( you should have jaedi master as a general, and like five jedi knights to protect...)
padawan they should be called when they are in training.... jedi is and average soldier (speaking like yoda)
the more traits they get that recons if you shall become jedi knight or jedi master (general)
so what im saying is that jedis should be able to grow in skill

I'm not sure about the concept of the hierarchy for the Jedi. I mean, the idea for Jedi Knights protecting their Generals is a feasible idea. But one question kept me guessing. How will the Padawans fit into this if there's only Jedi Generals with assigned knights? Is it that they will serve as captains and go from there?

Also, the growing skill tree of improving the Jedi with cool traits sounds like a good idea. I concur with your idea on the skill tree.

:duel:
I can't wait for the mod to finally take shape.

Sundjata Keita
02-20-2005, 18:17
Got another question to add to Hunsik's list

Question 8: Who will be the roman factions, who will be the senate and what's the storyline around this?

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 18:17
Plus, including the Jedi as part of the Republic sounds like it would have conflicting problems with the hierarchy. Either it would be clone troopers or it will be superpowered Jedis.

I can visualize myself beating the factions 30 times in under 1 hour with just a Jedi army. Can't you? So, I might suggest that we add the Jedi as a small faction with little ability to improve their population and capitalize on their army. Sure they may work for the Senate, but there are game balance issues that bish may need to work out on jedis.

Anyway, keep on truckin', bish.

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 18:21

Question 8: Who will be the roman factions, who will be the senate and what's the storyline around this?

I guess is the Old Republic will become the Roman faction, although I don't know what the other two are. But I think there will be a galactic senate; and as for the storyline, I do not know. Let's see what bish can come up with.

But, it might be feasible if the Jedi were one Roman faction, and the Old Republic and another force were the other two. I don't know what bish is up to, but hopefully he can work it out.

vlad 1
02-20-2005, 18:47
iterest what about map ???
what about every new bulding ???
what about blasters lazers and rocets ???
what about space shatls ,linkorns and others space ships ???

i think better create full new game -then mod for rome total war !!i think this is imposible and need 1 year or more time for create normal game about star wars.

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 18:56
only problem about that idea of creating a full game is there is no one to program such a game like this. Even if the full game came out, Georgie-boy is gonna raise some hell and try to shut it down... Of course, it's the same for bish, although his action to modifiy RTW is less drastic than the first.

But still, how are you gonna find some programmers. graphic artists, and the like to make a game like TW? Plus they'd want to get paid. Anyway, I think your questions pertaining to buildings, weaponry, and the vehicles will keep bish busy.

And about the map... there are two ways bish can choose from, vlad... his proposed idea of using the provinces as the planet, and the sea as the universe, or my proposed idea of using a strange world, again in respect to Keba's mention of the Outer Rim. I do not know what bish is planning to do.

You may want to talk with him about it.

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:13
someone said a robot could be jedi for the cofed...robots cant be jedis they cant learn the ways of the force

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:15

Question 8: Who will be the roman factions, who will be the senate and what's the storyline around this? the senate can be the senate lol ~:cheers:

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:16
someone said a robot could be jedi for the cofed...robots cant be jedis they cant learn the ways of the force

True... when have SW depicted robots (or automatons) having the full powers of Jedis? I mean, Yoda once said the force was bound to every living being. Also, midi-chlorians are the stuff of every Jedi, imbuing him/her with the powers set forth.

I think robots as jedi are a ridiculous idea. If Lucas actually made it happen, I'm gonna faint. :dizzy2:

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:17
the senate can be the senate lol ~:cheers:

heh-heh.... kinda odd to repeat the word senate after it. But yea, gave me a funny thought.

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:18
i have a great idea!!! since some jedis go to the dark side we must be able to make them switch sides...so if we could like make them BE ABLE to go into like negative 2 loyalty or something he'l turn...MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...LUKE (BREATHING) I AM YOUR FATHER

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:20
True... when have SW depicted robots (or automatons) having the full powers of Jedis? I mean, Yoda once said the force was bound to every living being. Also, midi-chlorians are the stuff of every Jedi, imbuing him/her with the powers set forth.

I think robots as jedi are a ridiculous idea. If Lucas actually made it happen, I'm gonna faint. :dizzy2:

well there are some robots programed for trainig but only with the lightsaber

you are not a jedi without the force even if you have a lightsaber... so have you ever played any of the star wars games??? some use robots in the tutorials

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:21
i have a great idea!!! since some jedis go to the dark side we must be able to make them switch sides...so if we could like make them BE ABLE to go into like negative 2 loyalty or something he'l turn...MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...LUKE (BREATHING) I AM YOUR FATHER

You mean, actually make that AI betray the faction and join another? Hmmm... it sounds like a good idea but what's good if there's no dark side factions? Oh oh , bish, Shadow has an idea!

:book:

What about the Sith Faction?

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:24
well there are some robots programed for trainig but only with the lightsaber

you are not a jedi without the force even if you have a lightsaber... so have you ever played any of the star wars games??? some use robots in the tutorials

I've played old school Star Wars game. Since the new ones came out, I was kind of skeptical about the gameplay. But I have a friend who purchased and played the XBOX version of Obi-Wan.

And that's kinda weird about robots being trained in lightsabers.

En Garde!

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:25
the empire uses sith lords(so does the sith), sith lords are powerful jedi and some even turned to the dark side like darth vader the sith lord and some are trained by their masters

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:27
I've played old school Star Wars game. Since the new ones came out, I was kind of skeptical about the gameplay. But I have a friend who purchased and played the XBOX version of Obi-Wan.

And that's kinda weird about robots being trained in lightsabers.

En Garde!

no jedis are the trained robots dont live robots are only programmed the lightsaber is like a sword...of laser so he is just PROGRAMMED TO FIGHT A LITTLE BIT he cant train a jedi with the force...it cant learn the force itself

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:28
Still the problem remains, Shadow. What faction will represent the dark side in bish's Clone Wars era mod? That's the problem and we'd have to come up with unique ideas for dark side troopers... so no Dark Troopers (That's in Palpatine's era).

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:29
Still the problem remains, Shadow. What faction will represent the dark side in bish's Clone Wars era mod? That's the problem and we'd have to come up with unique ideas for dark side troopers... so no Dark Troopers (That's in Palpatine's era).
the sith of course ~:cheers:

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:29
no jedis are the trained robots dont live robots are only programmed the lightsaber is like a sword...of laser so he is just PROGRAMMED TO FIGHT A LITTLE BIT he cant train a jedi with the force...it cant learn the force itself

I see, more like a trainer... okay. I've got it. ~:cool:

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:31

I don't mean to be rude, Shadow... But wasn't the Sith wiped out as a faction thousands of years ago before the Clone Wars era?

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:32

I don't mean to be rude, Shadow... But wasn't the Sith wiped out as a faction thousands of years ago before the Clone Wars era?

I know who would be the faction leader for the Sith if bish likes this idea... the leader would be Ulic Qel Droma.

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:33
I see, more like a trainer... okay. I've got it. ~:cool:a robot is like a computer because when you command it to do something (what its programmed for *doing commands* lol) it cant command itself cause its not programmed to lol ~;)

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:35
a robot is like a computer because when you command it to do something (what its programmed for *doing commands* lol) it cant command itself cause its not programmed to lol ~;)

lol... even if it was a trainer, I'd be calling it 'dumb dolt'

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:36

I know who would be the faction leader for the Sith if bish likes this idea... the leader would be Ulic Qel Droma.

no what im saying is that all dark lords are sith masters but the dark faction would have to be the faction that had the plans for the death star (which is currently in episode 4 owned by the empire)

but i think the empire was born when anakin became vader :dizzy2:

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:38
unless something special (besides anikin_vader) occurs in episode 3

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:40
no what im saying is that all dark lords are sith masters but the dark faction would have to be the faction that had the plans for the death star (which is currently in episode 4 owned by the empire)

but i think the empire was born when anakin became vader :dizzy2:

Yes Vader was born through Anakin, but really, Palpatine did the work. He inaugerated the New World Order and declared himself Emperor after that. Once he became Emperor, he turned to persecuting the aliens out of Coruscant and other worlds under the banner of the dying Old Republic.

I think the Sith Faction idea is great, although what about the retinue, family members, and the ability to sire more children? Plus, it'd be nice to see sith commandos spying on cities and then seizing them from under the governor's nose.

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:43
Yes Vader was born through Anakin, but really, Palpatine did the work. He inaugerated the New World Order and declared himself Emperor after that. Once he became Emperor, he turned to persecuting the aliens out of Coruscant and other worlds under the banner of the dying Old Republic.

I think the Sith Faction idea is great, although what about the retinue, family members, and the ability to sire more children? Plus, it'd be nice to see sith commandos spying on cities and then seizing them from under the governor's nose. well it is based on a time but that doesnt mean the actual clone wars movie so by family members and stuff we just make up names lol

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:44
well it is based on a time but that doesnt mean the actual clone wars movie so by family members and stuff we just make up names lol

heh, make up names... yea unless bish wants to make the game as close to th books and movies as possible... as for me, I'd make things up.

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:46
but remember all families's are made but 2 couples so we could have like anakin and the girl (forgot name) then luke and from there we make up stuff...lukea, luke jr, sterpod lol

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:49
but remember all families's are made but 2 couples so we could have like anakin and the girl (forgot name) then luke and from there we make up stuff...lukea, luke jr, sterpod lol

the girl's name is Amidala... man, i still remember a lot about Star Wars... gee! ~:eek:

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:50
the girl's name is Amidala... man, i still remember a lot about Star Wars... gee! ~:eek:

Sorry man... it's Padme... I think.

ShadowStriker
02-20-2005, 19:50
oh yeah :balloon2:

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 19:55
gee man... I think we're way off topic... haha. I guess we could pm each other, keeping the post alive.

bish
02-20-2005, 20:41
The problem with a sith faction is that very few siths existed at the time. Also count dooku was one of the leaders of the cis.

bish
02-20-2005, 20:43
Also the empire will not feature in the game since it is covering the clone wars
- could be added in a separate campain

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 20:46
Shadow and I pondered if it was okay to add you to our buddy list? is this possible?

bish
02-20-2005, 20:50
yes that would be fine. Which buddy list?

Hunsik26
02-20-2005, 20:54

I'll just send a pm to Shadow and add you to my bl... and also, if you want, we could discuss about SW ideas over hotmail if you want. My email address is mistercoolio26@hotmail.com

bish
02-20-2005, 22:15
Good news! - two modelers have joined the team which will mean that this mod could soon become a reality :charge:
More screenshots coming soon.....

Sundjata Keita
02-20-2005, 23:02
who are the modelers?

ShadowStriker
02-21-2005, 00:29
i added you you bish to my bl now and you both to my msn messenger

ShadowStriker
02-21-2005, 00:30
but wansnt cis the new sith?

ShadowStriker
02-21-2005, 00:36

which buddy list? uhhh :furious3: if you hold ur mouse on someones name you can add them to buddy list and when you g2 ur pm and go down and look lower left corner it should say buddy/ignore list

ShadowStriker
02-21-2005, 00:53
are there gonna be vhiecles? like this http://www.comicscardsandmore.com/promos/SWwidevisionpromo.JPG and http://www.projectorpeople.com/hometheater/customer/tgoodwin2.jpg also a few jedi pics http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/130/009_221-003.jpg http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/130/009_221-003.jpg

the intro we have to think about http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/130/009_221-003.jpg http://www.movielords.com/star-wars-episode-2-attack-of-the-clones/pictures/picture01.jpg http://www.geocities.com/canadian_wookiee/Star_Wars_II_-_Attack_of_the_Clones.jpg http://images.darkhorse.com/darkhorse/downloads/desktops/swaoc2/swaoc2_400.jpg http://www.rediff.com/movies/2002/may/13star2.jpg http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/star_wars_episode_2/starwars2_13.jpg http://www.joblo.com/images2/picattackoftheclones.jpg http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://insideadream.free.fr/cinema/illustrations/star_wars_episode_2_7.jpg&imgrefurl=http://insideadream.free.fr/cinema/star_wars_episode_2.html&h=236&w=252&sz=10&tbnid=jDBB6mr0A4cJ:&tbnh=99&tbnw=106&start=239&prev=/images%3Fq%3DStar%2Bwars%2Battack%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bclones%26start%3D220%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN count dooku http://www.actionheroes.homestead.com/files/dook.jpg http://www.jango-fett.net/fett18.jpg http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00041/starwars_41352a.jpg http://media.outnow.ch/Movies/Images/2002/Starwars-Episode2/Persons.2/09.jpg

ShadowStriker
02-21-2005, 00:56
MORE COUNT DOOKU's

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/star_wars__episode_ii___attack_of_the_clones/christopher_lee/starwars.jpg http://www.geocities.com/sw_mainland/08_count_dooku_front.jpg http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/count_dooku.jpg http://www.artoosnews.com/artooscustoms/imagearchive/images/characters/episode2/count_dooku.jpg http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gator.nl/images/master105.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gator.nl/master.html&h=600&w=750&sz=87&tbnid=ymLW_WhUpyAJ:&tbnh=112&tbnw=140&start=16&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcount%2Bdooku%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/personen/pics/count_dooku.jpg http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.base.tripod.com/images/gallery/count_dooku/count_dooku02.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.base.tripod.com/english/gallery.html&h=263&w=324&sz=11&tbnid=gqjw3szA6hwJ:&tbnh=92&tbnw=113&start=19&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcount%2Bdooku%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG http://www.rabittooth.com/800x600StarWarsWallpapers/CountDookuWallpaper.jpg

02-21-2005, 16:39
Before we worry about models and textures and such, we have to decide a number of important things first.

1) Will the campaign be the whole galaxy, part of a galaxy, a few planets, or one planet? I personally favor a few planets (one Republic, one confed, few neutral/contested) but I would be open to a one planet campaign.
2) What will the factions be? This depends on the decision on #1
3) What kind of conflict will this be? Depends on descision for #1 & 2
4) Now we can do units - unit lists first
5) Ancilaries & Traits
6) Buildings - don't forget these!
7) Now we should do models & stuff

02-21-2005, 18:12
As far as possible planets go, how about Jabim? (http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/jabiim/index.html)

It seems to have the political elements that would be useful/required...

bish
02-21-2005, 21:52
To clear some things up.
The campain map will not be of the whole star wars galaxy. It will consist of a number of planets similar to what alexander suggested.
The planets are shown here
http://republictotalwar.fragism.com/campainarea.png

This is suitable since it provides plenty of options for factions and units
ie Tatooine as a hutt out post. This area of space also was the staging point of the begining of the clone wars.

Possibly the Galactic senate to issue orders like the spqr
The grand army of the republic
cis
Posibly Geonesians??- hard to do sice they used wing units
The hutts

bish
02-21-2005, 22:03
Link should be http://republictotalwar.fragism.com/images/campainarea.png

02-21-2005, 22:05
bish, that link don't work! But that clone trooper is mighty fine!

I would say to not use the Geonosians because they probably don't spread very far. Maybe a local unit or two. Flying units would be pretty neat. If they can be implemented satisfactorilly (major spelling!) then jetpack clone troopers would be cool, I guess.

bish, do you have a map of the planets of the clone wars? One that shows which planets joined which sides? If you do, we can choose an interesting area of the galaxy to do, have about two dozen planets larger than just 4x4 and it'd be real sweet.

bish
02-21-2005, 22:05
ahhh drat sorry about this there does not seam to be an edit button :dizzy2:
the link is http://republictotalwar.fragism.com/images/campainarea.tga

bish
02-21-2005, 22:07
www.starwarz.com/clonewarseu/timeline/images/clonewarsmap.jpg

bish
02-21-2005, 22:11
Dont click that link!!!
enter this int browser

www. starwarz.com/clonewarseu/timeline/images/clonewarsmap.jpg

02-21-2005, 22:24
bish - when you become a member you can edit your posts.

First and last links don't work.

The second was merely disturbing...

the fury
02-22-2005, 05:06
have any of you guys ever played star wars battlefront, it is a really great game with good representations of the star wars battles, good weapons and crafts, maybe you can take examples from that game, and improve on the jedi stuff

bish
02-22-2005, 23:52
Here are some screenshots of clone troopers ingame!
https://photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/

02-23-2005, 02:35
Looking pretty neat. Too bad the guns are being treated as bows, but I guess you'll fix that later, right?

bish
02-23-2005, 08:40
Yes it will be fixed these pics are just a very early test.

At-te and confed droids coming next....

Myrddraal
02-23-2005, 13:30
Wow, those clones are great, u just need to get a good skeleton for them

ShadowStriker
02-24-2005, 00:31
i have played star wars battlefront ( i have it) its really good yeah... hey bish shouldnt the lasers be red? and you should try and make 1 hit 1 kill

WarHawk
02-24-2005, 02:19
There is no such thing as a Sith or Jedi faction in this particular time line. Don't do it.

02-24-2005, 03:10
Ideas

Lasers - if we could somehow make different color laser fire, that would be awesome. Pretty much, the clones have to have blue fire. Red for everybody else. To do this, could you play around with projectile types, maybe? My excruciatingly limited knowledge on such subjects is based on perusing modding threads, but I think there are different projectile types. You could maybe make a new type for blue lasers and a new one for red.

And no Sith, for sure. Jedi can only maybe be implemented as a faction if we have a large (ie galactic) campaign map. If the campaign map is limited to a few planets or one planet, there shouldn't be a Jedi faction. Jedi units or generals, I think should be fair game.

bish - you really need to set in stone the exact location(s) used in the mod. Pick some planets (or a single one) so we can discuss topics with much more prescision.

Zharakov
02-24-2005, 03:12
A bit of a picky note...

but clone troopers used blue lasers...

Keba
02-24-2005, 14:59
Clone trooper weapons: in the times of the Empire, the lasers they fired were red, and this is supposed to be in the Clone wars, it could be merely a change in the weapons used.

Units in Star Wars ususally wear armor, which can absorb one or more blaster hits.

The Jedi, a couple of suggestions, if they are to be a faction, read below, if they are not to be, maybe make them as a powerful unit for the Republic (or even read the Banner bearer below).

Jedi Order task force (very low population, long build times, expensive units, but very powerful)

Jedi Padawans - the Jedi did send out learners in times of trouble, they could be the basic Jedi unit
Jedi knights - the standard and more powerful Jedi, capable of great feats
Jedi Masters - they could be faction family members, if the messages Coming of Age can be modified and made faction specific, it could be made to create Ascension (one of the Jedi ascends to the rank of Master) to be instead of the coming of age for the Jedi, the Birth could be made Master trials (a Jedi begins his long trials to become a Master of the Force)
Clone troopers - possibly commando units, commanded by Jedi into combat, perhaps cheaper and faster to recruit than other Jedi units

Jedi officers - since Banner bearers and unit leaders are faction-specific, the banner bearer of the Jedi could be a knight (without a banner, banners aren't used in Star Wars except on buildings), making clone units appear as if commandeered by a Jedi.

These are merely my suggestions. I have actually heard that flying units can be made in Rome, it would certainly be interesting if they can (especially to make speeders).

bish
02-24-2005, 18:51
For the campain map i was thinking af doing a small area of the star wars galaxy
such as this:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/rep...campainarea.jpg
I thought this would be a good option since it opens up the posiblilitys for extra factions and is the starting point of the clone wars.

I would have to make the plannets very large to take into account the restrictions of the engine.

its either this or 1 plannet on one campain map. Jabim would be perfect because of the charged atmosphere.(no starships)

alexander- different color lasers could easily be acheived(sorry for the mistake of using the green color)

ShadowStriker
02-24-2005, 23:27
hey bish how do i get that logo?

ShadowStriker
02-24-2005, 23:33
all troopers in star wars era:

Sith trooper

Snowtrooper

Spacetrooper

Swamp trooper

ARC trooper

Scout trooper

Shadow trooper

Clone trooper c. Battle of Geonosis

Stormtrooper

i got these from a star wars book which I recomend you use to help with models: Star Wars the new essential guide to weapons & technology

also to help with the models would be any star wars game excpessialy Star Wars Battlefront

02-25-2005, 00:26
bish - photobucket says all your pictures are belong to them. Er, they can't find it.

ShadowStriker - most of those sound like A New Hope era units, except for the Sith troopers (who are too old) and the ARC & clone troopers. The ARC and clone units should be in the game.

bish - maybe you should make a poll thread asking people which they would prefer, either one planet or a few...

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 00:34
Alexander the pretty Good ehhh if you read the top part of my post it will say "ALLtroopers in the Star wars era"

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 00:40
BAW E-5 droid blaster (battle driod blaster rifle) name of battle droid rifle

DC-15 rifle (clone trooper blaster rifle) name of clone trooper rifle

ARC trooper blaster rifle name of ARC trooper rifle

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 00:47
count dooku's lightsaber

http://www.starwars-tw.com/replica/saber/mr/dooku-se/dooku02.jpg

http://www.starwars-tw.com/replica/saber/mr/dooku-se/dooku06.jpg

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/images/Coolcollectables/count-dooku_110.jpg

http://members.aol.com/EDCstudios/images/dookuaotc.jpg

02-25-2005, 00:51
Alexander the pretty Good ehhh if you read the top part of my post it will say "ALLtroopers in the Star wars era"
That is true, and your bolding looks both strange and intimidating. I was just pointing out that only the clone and ARC troopers could be used in the mod. Sorry.

WarHawk
02-25-2005, 01:27
Advice: don't trust anything in the essential guides. they frequently contradict the movies.

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 02:49
That is true, and your bolding looks both strange and intimidating. I was just pointing out that only the clone and ARC troopers could be used in the mod. Sorry.

np ~:cheers:

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 02:52
Advice: don't trust anything in the essential guides. they frequently contradict the movies.

FIRST what does contradict movies mean?

second i have one essenntial guide--im planning on getting more because I trust them

thats your opinion but enough with that ~;)

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 02:55
jango fett should be a general eh?

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 03:16
If i get it off the ground you should be able to move between each planet by using space transports. Either each planet will be one sellement on the campain map or like you said i could have round islands in a sea of stars.

I was planning on the jedis being the general of the republic such as Yoda or Mace Windu. Although a jedi faction sounds like a good idea since i have only few factions.

you must have seen my idea...i started a topic on a star wars mod which fell to ruins but i said you could get of a map (planet) and it saves the current memory on that planet and the loads the new planet (map)

i bet you must have seen my idea otherwise i think be both love star wars the same way

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 03:17
i was planning (yes) on having one map be one planet which you could travel between the maps(planets)

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 03:21

plz exuse me for this what the guy meant (alexander the pretty good) was that a robot could be general for the confed i thought he was talking about different groups of jedis

SRY :embarassed:

WarHawk
02-25-2005, 08:07
FIRST what does contradict movies mean?

second i have one essenntial guide--im planning on getting more because I trust them

thats your opinion but enough with that ~;)
Incorrect SSD length for instance, inaccurate Corvette drawings, mislabled sensor globes on the Stardestroyers ...etc etc

WarHawk
02-25-2005, 08:08
jango fett should be a general eh?
Why? He wasn't involved in any battles.

WarHawk
02-25-2005, 08:15
you must have seen my idea...i started a topic on a star wars mod which fell to ruins but i said you could get of a map (planet) and it saves the current memory on that planet and the loads the new planet (map)
Is that even possible?

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 23:20
Why? He wasn't involved in any battles.

yes he was, the battle of genoisa

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 23:21
Is that even possible?

im not sure but i hope cause we could get a really good thing going on here

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 23:22
Incorrect SSD length for instance, inaccurate Corvette drawings, mislabled sensor globes on the Stardestroyers ...etc etc

ahh....well i dont really look for itsy bitsy tiny details

WarHawk
02-26-2005, 01:03
yes he was, the battle of genoisa
He was killed before it even began. The Arena fight != the battle of geonosis.

WarHawk
02-26-2005, 01:04
ahh....well i dont really look for itsy bitsy tiny details
Those are important details, especially when you are using it as a source of information.

WarHawk
02-26-2005, 01:06
im not sure but i hope cause we could get a really good thing going on here
There are limits to what you can and can't do in terms of modifying a videogame. What you suggest would probably not be possible without a source code, and we probably won't get that.

ShadowStriker
02-26-2005, 01:29
yeah i guess

ShadowStriker
02-26-2005, 05:35
this web proves it... that the sith were in attack of the clones: http://www.starwars.com/databank/appearance/ep2.html

WarHawk
02-26-2005, 07:39
this web proves it... that the sith were in attack of the clones: http://www.starwars.com/databank/appearance/ep2.html
There can only be two Sith at any one time. :|

ShadowStriker
02-26-2005, 16:40
visit my star wars forum and register (top right corner) its free:

http://swrtw.proboards39.com/index.cgi

ShadowStriker
02-26-2005, 17:43
it is now sw republic total war's main forum

ShadowStriker
02-26-2005, 20:15
well go ahead and visit it

WarHawk
02-26-2005, 20:18
stop...the...spam!

ShadowStriker
02-26-2005, 20:24
whatever anyways were getting this mod going good

WarHawk
02-27-2005, 00:36
You scare me. :no:

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 01:01
we will show most of our work on our website, forum, and www.stratcommandcenter.com since they have asked to host us ~;)

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 04:09
THESE ARE THE PLANETS:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/campainarea.jpg
THESE ARE CLONETROOPERS CREATED BY BISH AND SHRIMPY: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/screenshot4.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/screenshot1.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/screenshot3.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/screenshot2.jpg

Oromë
02-27-2005, 11:46
Actually I created those Clonetroopers thank you very much. ~:cool:

bish
02-27-2005, 12:05
ShadowStriker - That map you posted is one of a few proposed area of space to be covered by the campaingn map. It is still in the planning stages.

bish
02-27-2005, 13:22
i uploaded some screenshots of the at-te in action the model was well done by Shrimpy, However it needs a skinner so if anyone whats to help please contact me

you can find them here

The at-te has been based on the elephant and uses the archers as turrets - it works quite well.

We hvent yet updated the archer animation so that the turret fires at a quicker pace.

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 16:08
Actually I created those Clonetroopers thank you very much. ~:cool:

oh im sry id didnt know :embarassed:

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 16:10
ShadowStriker - That map you posted is one of a few proposed area of space to be covered by the campaingn map. It is still in the planning stages.

i know ~;)

are programmers any good for the mod?

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 16:12
i uploaded some screenshots of the at-te in action the model was well done by Shrimpy, However it needs a skinner so if anyone whats to help please contact me

you can find them here

The at-te has been based on the elephant and uses the archers as turrets - it works quite well.

We hvent yet updated the archer animation so that the turret fires at a quicker pace.

do you know how to put in images here like this? https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/atte2.jpg

and this https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/atte1.jpg

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 16:14
do you know how to put in images here like this? https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/atte2.jpg

and this https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/republictotalwar/atte1.jpg

hmm the last one didnt work...

bish
02-27-2005, 20:36
Shadow striker - could you stop multi posting
I use a link for a reason so people can only veiw the image if they want to

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 21:20
sry :embarassed:

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 21:21
http://xs17.xs.to/pics/05080/RomeTW2005-02-2711-18-30-03.JPG

when i took this pic bish and shrimpy had not given me the laser file yet:

http://xs17.xs.to/pics/05080/RomeTW2005-02-2713-34-51-59.JPG

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 21:22
offtopic: how do u upload avi files onto the internet?

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 21:56
http://xs17.xs.to/pics/05080/RomeTW2005-02-2711-18-40-75.JPG

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 22:19
offtopic: how do u edit posts?

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 22:20
http://xs17.xs.to/pics/05080/RomeTW2005-02-2713-35-41-31.JPG http://xs17.xs.to/pics/05080/RomeTW2005-02-2712-04-41-87.JPG

shifty157
02-27-2005, 22:41
can you make it so the lasers go straight and arent arched?

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 22:42
Clonetroopers fighting 1 army of legionary cohorts on tatooine (not really tatooine just looks like it)

http://xs17.xs.to/pics/05080/RomeTW2005-02-2715-27-03-17.JPG

ShadowStriker
02-27-2005, 22:42
can you make it so the lasers go straight and arent arched?

yes, but i dont have that file yet only bish and shrimpy do

ShadowStriker
02-28-2005, 15:24
http://xs18.xs.to/pics/05091/RomeTW2005-02-2711-20-12-87.JPG

02-28-2005, 17:36
I hope you guys do new animations for the units.

Not to be overly critical, but shouldn't the guns look darker?

Like this. (http://www.aoqz76.dsl.pipex.com/Web%20Page%20Components/Wallpaper/Movies/Star%20Wars%20Clone%20Wars.jpg)

Kindred
02-28-2005, 18:34
Night is gay he lets down the starwars mod posting countless pictures that bish has alrdy posted also double posting and spamming pointless replys....

:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

ShadowStriker
03-01-2005, 00:39
Night is gay he lets down the starwars mod posting countless pictures that bish has alrdy posted also double posting and spamming pointless replys....

:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

who is "night"?

WarHawk
03-01-2005, 00:53
No offense, the AT-TE model looks awful.

ShadowStriker
03-01-2005, 02:44
its not that easy, we only have 1 modeler-- Shrimpy

bish
03-06-2005, 16:32
swrtw now has a new official forum thx to the stratagy command center

you can visit it here
http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/forums/index.php?showforum=76

Please visit here for all official updates, news screenshots ect

(note the old website and other forum have now no longer in use so please visit this link for updates)

ShadowStriker
03-18-2005, 03:45
~:handball: yeh what he said-- :bow:

ShadowStriker
03-20-2005, 18:07
http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/my/my_homepage.html

Craterus
03-20-2005, 19:15
whats so good about this mod, do you battle with stormtroopers instead of phalanxes?

tutankamon
03-20-2005, 20:41
Great Idea !!!! but how are you gonna pull it out.. i mean Star wars battles on different PLANETS ... and one more thing, are there any chance that the driod-dekas might appear ~D and the battle droid tanks and attack ships ~D Any screenies

ShadowStriker
03-20-2005, 21:46
for suggestions and comments visit our forum ~D

Myrddraal
03-20-2005, 22:30
Hey but keep us posted !

ShadowStriker
03-21-2005, 02:52
Great Idea !!!! but how are you gonna pull it out.. i mean Star wars battles on different PLANETS ... and one more thing, are there any chance that the driod-dekas might appear ~D and the battle droid tanks and attack ships ~D Any screenies

well the droid-dekas werent really in any major battles, they're more like security guards. but im not really sure they will be included in the mod. i think there will be some vhiecles for the droids just like the republic.

if u look a few posts above this u can see a unskinned model of the Republic's ATTE

al'Callaendor
10-22-2005, 19:27
very nice!

snevets
10-22-2005, 23:38
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since this mod hasn't been posted on since march alcallendor it probably doesn't exist anymore...

Divinus Arma
11-11-2005, 20:26
Can we say... dead mod?

Cool storm troopers though...

11-11-2005, 20:56
I vaguely remember Bish conceding defeat a while ago.

Indeed, dead mod.

We'll have to wait for an official, CA-made Republic: Total Star Wars for something like this.

~:handball:

killerxguy
11-12-2005, 13:53
It could have been a great mod :( but o well.

I hope CA makes a game based on the future and it's new ways (like 2078--->3178AD) that would be COOL! (ofcourse there will be melle combat too)

And if possible also put it on 4Dimension graphics (ill have to get a new pC then)

I have a question too: When will prof release his last 3 modeling toturials?

Achilles234
03-04-2006, 19:21
hi im hoping to take where this mod left off. Im going to create a star wars mod but set during the 3rd and 4th episode. more info will be on ourwebsite soon but here are a few screen shots...

http://www.starwarstotalwar.piczo.com/?cr=4&rfm=y

the pics are of poor quality so you wont see the detail.

If you want to join!!!

While im am in talks with lucas arts and starwars.com to make this mod legal i cannot resume unless a good team are assembled. All moddders good or bad will be accepted, or if you would like to learn how and help us out all info will be shared on how to.
If you have any hands on skill with modding of Rome total war then we would like to hear from you. Everyone is invited and as a special thanks you will recive a free full version of photoshop 7 (not the trail version). this will alow you to create units backgrounds and even change the landscape tiles!!!!
to sign up please contact me at...

(Email temporarily removed - Moderator)

Main Positions nedded

Coder (we need a unit coder and everything else such as landscapes will need coding)

Mapper (can create a good galaxy with all avalible plannets)

Skinners (can create the skin of the unit eg armour)

Unit Modelers (can create skelintons for the units)

Infomation (all about the different galaxies, cultures and so on)

Sound artist (create unit sounds, voices, music etc)

If you can do more than just 1 thing in the list then please contact me telling me all about the things you can do.

Thank you.

Epistolary Richard
03-05-2006, 10:13
Everyone is invited and as a special thanks you will recive a free full version of photoshop 7 (not the trail version).

Hello Achilles234,

As you may recall from the Terms & Conditions you signed up to when joining the Org:

Examples of objectionable messages include, but are not limited to:

Posts containing addresses of warez sites or anything piracy-related

Please could you clarify what you mean here? Will you be buying every team member a free full version of Photoshop 7?

Please reply to my Private Message, you can find your PM inbox in the top-right corner of the screen). This thread is closed in the interim.