PDA

View Full Version : Does the AI adopt/marry/promote gerenals often?

afrit
02-21-2005, 00:21
I was wondering whether one reason the AI rarely has generals leading its stacks is that it adopts/marries/promotes much less often than the human player.

It seems most of the AI generals I fight against are direct male descendants of the royal family. One way to find out is to count all the generals of a AI faction and compare to its province number.

Also, is there anyway I can turn off the adoption /marriage/promotion offers? I know I can have an iron rule and refuse them all, but would rather not face the multitude of dialogs.

hung41584
02-21-2005, 01:13
play on harder difficulties, they always lead the army in those games. You'll proabably see some armies without generals because they are backup for the main army or they are just moving them to reinforce another army.

Elmar Bijlsma
02-21-2005, 01:33
I'm killing off AI generals at such a rate the AI must be doing better in marriages and promotions as me because it never runs out.

Only on one occasion did they run out of family members before their empire was on the ropes. And this was when the Brutii had their last 4 members on a 14 strength fleet. Ooops!

Slider6977
02-21-2005, 04:59
They never run out because CA knows this can be an exploit to eliminate a faction without taking even one of their towns. Next time you send an assassin to kill a low ranking family member, and he succeeds, another AI family member will spawn in the exact same place the very next turn. I have experienced this myself.

You can take out AI family members, but they will always magically spawn new ones. They never run out because it will end up being the same result as in MTW. You can assassinated every family member and the faction gets destroyed. And considering that factions do not resurface as they did in MTW, it would be just to easy to eliminate a faction by killing off all their family members. So CA planned for this. And although it may seem stupid and too much of an edge for the AI, it also makes the game more playable, as you actually have to fight and gain territory to wipe out an opponent.

Uesugi Kenshin
02-21-2005, 05:07
I have no idea, but on the magical appearance thingy today I took the last British town and could see an army led by a family member, I would guess their leader, because there were no family members in the two towns I took that turn. He turned rebel. This proves that you do not have to take down the family, just the towns.

Slider6977
02-21-2005, 05:27
That was the meaning of my post. You cannot simply take out a faction by killing of it's family members. The only way is to take all of their towns. Any remaining family and soldiers, as well as navy in some cases, turn to rebels or pirates. In fact, I even took out thrace once by taking all their towns, and as a result their Faction leader and faction heir turned rebel. Then I bribed them and had two family members with the Faction leader trait and two with the faction Heir trait. They turned into great generals.

hrvojej
02-21-2005, 05:35
There are two instances when they don't respawn any more that I know for sure:
1) Assassinate the last family member (leader) in their last town
2) Kill them all in a battle at once, even if they have provinces left

Proletariat
02-21-2005, 08:10
2) Kill them all in a battle at once, even if they have provinces left

I swear you're all playing a different game than me. Nothing this interesting/weird happens in my campaigns.

The Stranger
02-21-2005, 12:15
they can run out but not by assasins you have to kill them in battle or they have to die of old age.

Malrubius
02-21-2005, 12:42
I saw Macedon destroyed in my Julii game yesterday. Thessalonica (their last city and location of their last family member) was suffering from the plague :skull: and under seige by Cornelius Brutus, plus it had a public order of less than 50%. During the AI turn phase, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but on my next turn I got the "Faction Destroyed" message. The seige had been lifted and Thessalonica was rebel. Maybe Cornelius Brutus had killed their leader in battle, but somehow still lost and withdrew back to Appolonia. From what I've read in this thread, the plague and battlefield loss must have been enough to finish off the Macedonians :vanish: .

You'd think they'd get a Man of the Hour or something to keep them going, though. :shrug:

The Stranger
02-21-2005, 12:46
please anybody

McGowan
02-21-2005, 13:04
please anybody

Please anybody what?

The Stranger
02-21-2005, 14:18
tell me another place where i can submit my mod, cause i can't at twcenter or i'm doing it the wrong way. any suggestions pleace