PDA

View Full Version : Caesar in Gaul Campaign

Brutus
02-22-2005, 14:42
Hey, Does anybody know anything about the Caeser in Gaul Campaign? It's mentioned in the game's directories several times (including some data about the regions and cities on it's map, but I can't find any way to start it or something... ~:confused:

The_Doctor
02-22-2005, 15:20
I found that and posted it here (or the .com) and nobody cared. :embarassed:

Look at this file:
scipio_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

It is in data/text folder

Look at some of the names of the provinces. ~:)

I have no idea how run the campaign, maybe it is for an x-pack.

The Stranger
02-22-2005, 16:24
yes i saw it, but i didn't understood it. cause there also regions that aren't even near gaul.

The_Mark
02-22-2005, 16:55
Look also to the text/battle_descriptions.txt. It has some interesting stuff in it, for example, descriptions for Spartacus, Zama, Bibracte.. I wonder if...

The Stranger
02-22-2005, 18:29
if what, the battle of Carrhae or what

The_Doctor
02-22-2005, 20:11
Emperor Umeu 1, which file where you looking at?

The one in my first post is a dark ages campaign.

The caesar in gual is called:
caesar_in_gaul_wip_5_regions_and_settlement_names.txt.

Kraxis
02-22-2005, 21:48
I have noticed both... That was why I asked for them to be included in the expansion. It shouldn't be too much work for CA as much of it has already been done. But I remember that CA said that there would be several short campaigns early in the development, this is obviously the result. They must have desided late in the development not to include them, whatever the reason could be (oh no, our hard work might actually bag us more buyers).

Brutus
02-23-2005, 13:16
Let's hope they include it later then... it looked quite interesting.

The Stranger
02-23-2005, 13:47
they also had scipii expansion to carthage, plus some extra units like carthaginian chariots, syrian archers ensoforth