PDA

View Full Version : Strange: Changing Weapons / Experience post patch

powdermonkey
02-24-2005, 12:43
I've noticed since I installed the patch, that some units weapons and experinece can change of its own accord.

I was playing as the Macedonians, fighting both the Brutii and the Thracians in Thermopylae (sp?).
After a large battle (which I won) I saved the game and left it to play again the following day.
When I loaded it up the next evening, a number of units experience and weapons / armour upgrades had dissapeared. (I had 3 units of light lancers with 3 exp each and a couple of mercenary peltasts with weapons upgrades - after the reload the lancers had exp of 4, 3 and 2 and the weapons upgrades of the peltasts had disappeared.

I didn't get this before the patch - has anyone else noticed this? ~:confused:

Sinner
02-24-2005, 13:58
Yes, I've noticed this as well. It seems to occur in circumstances where the unit has suffered heavy casualties, whether healed post-battle or not, so I guess the idea is that their equipment has degraded due to heavy usage. OK, it might be a bug instead, but I don't want to find anymore bugs so I'm going to call this an undocumented neat feature. ~:)

Simetrical
02-25-2005, 01:36
Equipment and experience seem to be decided on a per-man basis. So if, by dumb luck, the guys with weapon upgrades got killed disproportionately in a battle, the unit may appear to lose weapon upgrades. (However, if you don't merge units, all the soldiers in a unit should have the same quality weapons. XP can vary within a unit naturally, however.)

-Simetrical

Sinner
02-25-2005, 10:29
I've had this happen with brand new units in their first battle, so it's not that, there's something else going on behind the scenes.

ArT II
02-25-2005, 12:19
I can confirm Sinner. I had just upgraded a unit in the town and it was showing the armor upgrades. In the moment I moved out the armor upgrades desapeared altogether with the experience of the unit. Me neither wants to believe it's a bug..... well looks like one tough.