PDA

View Full Version : New bugs?

Old Celt
02-24-2005, 21:25
I've noticed 2 new issues with settlements and 1.2:

When you capture a settlement, the face often goes red (fine) and the icon for rioting shows up on the campaign map (flames and pitchfork). When you go into the settlement and adjust things so happiness is 100% or better, the face goes to the appropriate color, but the rioting icon remains

The 80% garrison ceiling no longer seems to be true. I added peasants to the garrison queue with settlements that already had an 80% garrison effect, and was able to raise public order even though the icon remained at 80%. Can anyone else verify this?

Red Harvest
02-24-2005, 21:34
I've noticed the riot symbol remaining in that turn, although it doesn't appear to be doing anything once you have improved loyalty.

I wasn't aware of an 80% limit for peasants. In 1.1 knew there was a limit and that adding troops of any type seemed to cap out somewhere, but I thought it was purely headcount, not type. Haven't looked into this, but I'll start taking more note of it.

hrvojej
02-24-2005, 23:31
Not bugs.

Ther game is now often updating the autotaxes and public order *before* you click the end of turn. I assume you are using autotax, am I correct? Also, the flashing icons in the settlement details are now working correctly, which means that you get to check them out before they are update. For example, you get a flashing unrest icon each time you lose 5% unrest in a newly conquered city. Click on something else and then come back, or add something to the queue, and that icon disappears and the unrest is updaterd accordingly. It's quite neat if you are really into details.

By adding a peasant to the queue, you are both increasing the garrison effect by reducing population and quite possibly also removing a point of squalor. Hence the rise in order - garrison effect is still maxed at 80%, but there are now less people to take care of.

Red Harvest
02-24-2005, 23:57
I've never used automanage.

lars573
02-25-2005, 00:23
I've never used automanage.

Yes automanage is the devil. Only the weak will use it. :hide:

Epistolary Richard
02-25-2005, 12:55
When you capture a settlement, the face often goes red (fine) and the icon for rioting shows up on the campaign map (flames and pitchfork). When you go into the settlement and adjust things so happiness is 100% or better, the face goes to the appropriate color, but the rioting icon remains

I've never considered this a bug. The face (and the public order %) indicates how the populace _will_ react to your changes. The changes aren't actually made until you end the turn (which is why you can change your mind with no ill-effects). Rioting is a ongoing state, it's not going to stop until your changes to improve public order are actually put into effect (ie, you click the end turn button).

Old Celt
02-25-2005, 14:31
I never use automanage. It would seem to me that it IS a bug because placing further units in the queue when public order from garrison is already maxed at 80% should not raise public order, regardless of the reasoning. I don't recall this ever happening prior to 1.2. The queue isn't definite. You can remove all those units the next turn, so in effect, you have a little buffer you can plug in whenever you want to manipulate public order but then not actually go on to build the units.

By queing 8 peasants, you can alter the population by 960 on large unit size, and this is significant, but bonuses for that should NOT be applied before the actual decline takes place. It's not a very big bug, but still a bug.

Kraxis
02-25-2005, 14:44
Noticed this too... But I haven't seen any bad effects. I just took it as the population not being very happy with being conquered but too weak to do anything important baout it.

The peasant thing is not a bug, I suppose CA just haven't thought that depleting the population like that was something people would do. Every unit is just counted as being called up for service right away, maybe that can't be differentiated.

hrvojej
02-25-2005, 14:45
Yes, you queue 8 peasants and you can bring down the population to quell unrest somwhat. But there is a drawback too, in that you'll have less population growth since growth is a percentage of total population, and you'll also get less money from the settlement. All in all, I have no problem with it.

Edit: And I misread your initial comment about the rioting icon, sorry. Since the riot doesn't actually happen but rather is properly deterred when the turn is being processed, I guess there's no real harm in rioting icon lingering after the changes have been made.

Old Celt
02-25-2005, 15:16
I'm wondering if you agree with me that this behavior is different from the way it was handled before 1.2? My opinion is that it is a minor bug, and that it works in the player's favor because you can play around with the effect of 9 units to adjust public order when you couldn't do that before.

The icon used to change immediately during the same turn when you took action to fix public order problems. Now, it sometimes doesn't change even in the next turn, and yet, the settlement has a green face, so everybody is just ecstatically happy. It just seemed odd to me for the patch to create that kind of behavior.

Dude_uk
02-25-2005, 15:31
The "bug" where you could queue units and increase the happiness of the population has always been part of the game. As stated above this works due due to the men being removed from the population before the unit is created.

Red Harvest
02-25-2005, 16:38
Yes, queue effect on population has always been part of the game from what I recall. I rationalize it like this: you pull people out of the general population to start training. This puts "idle hands" to work, and/or results in other idle hands taking up their former work roles. It is a bit gamey that the population effect happens immediately for units that will not be built until subsequent turns--that much I agree with. However, you don't receive the garrison loyalty bonus (if any) until they are actually trained.

Tobiasschaap
10-15-2006, 17:14
Hi there, i have a question about automanage. I'm playing Mundus Magnus version 2.0 but now i dont have the possibility of automanage all settlements anymore. Does somebody know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!!!