PDA

View Full Version : How do you get ambushes to work right

The Stranger
02-25-2005, 17:24
does anybody ever ambushed a enemy, cause i never seems to do it right.

Dutch_guy
02-25-2005, 17:32
yes when playing as the Gauls (postpatch , veryhard/hard ) I was able to destroy the 2 main briton army's in an ambush.and several other armys
for me it worked best when I used units that were good at ambushing/hiding ( easy when playing Gaul ) and well then It's pretty random if your ambush fails or succeeds, in my game it worked every time, not 1 failure , so I guess I was lucky.
well don't hide ur units near watchtowers ~D (sometimes you get attacked when in ambush ''mode'' on the campain map, so it's probably a must that the enemy doesn't see you hide in the woods, other wise they still see you (camp map ) and attack , which is weird..
hoped that helped

~:cheers:

The Stranger
02-25-2005, 17:37
no i mean i never get the screen that says i ambushed a army they always manage to see me before they walk past.

mfberg
02-25-2005, 17:46
Try using only units that can hide easily. Set up the ambush close to the road the enemy will be coming down, in your own territory and well away from any other unit, spy, diplomat, watchtower. You might be able to push a rebel unit into an ambush over a couple of turns.

mfberg

The Stranger
02-25-2005, 19:51
thanx

professorspatula
02-25-2005, 20:31
I've never had a successful ambush yet either. To be honest, I've only tried a few times. I'll have something like a bunch of cavalry or some other units hide by some trees and have some peasants on a road nearby to lure the enemy in. The enemy in the next couple of turns decides to head towards the bait, only for them to get caught out by my ambush! Ha, I love it when a plan comes together! Only the enemy spots the ambush and I end up with a battle I probably can't win. Bah.

Still I love the way the enemy was tricked. Done it a couple of times now.