PDA

View Full Version : King Darius is my hero!

Oaty
03-02-2005, 10:29
Yep he's my hero..... because he actually managed to win.

Anyways what's up with phalanxes with the new patch.

Now I have to recruit a cowardly army of archers to kick a phalanxes butt.

I have a 3 star general against a captain.

My army of 8 hastati 1 equites and a general chased off a Greek army. Even those units that charged the regular hoplites and militias in the rear took heavy losses and I was down from 108 to 27 equites. So they had 2 units of Spartans left. I was laughing with my army of 1000 men left against those 300 manloving Spartans.

Anyways those 300 Spartans took me from 1000 mendown to 200 men and a routing army besides my general who withdrew.

I can live with Spartans being tough but whats with thos hoplites who are engaged get charged in the rear get completely surrounded and massacre everything around them.

Theres something terribly wrong here to me, this was the time when phalanxes were losing there credibility due to being so vulnerable to mobility.

I was fine at taking the losses while trying to win the flanks. So the flanks won and heavy losses on both sides. I now prepare to come around on the entertained phalanxes only to find that no matter what direction I charge them from I'm taking heavy losses

I had completely surrounded 1 of the Spartans of 100 men with 800 men....... chain route...... for me of course

Even regualar phalanxes are'nt vulnerable to a rear charge.

They have become very fustraiting to fight, I guess I need to play as the Scythians. There wretched foul smelling Bleep should scare those Spartans off

The Stranger
03-02-2005, 14:42
no hatred agains my WoMaN loving spartans, but phalanxes are to though, but that was also in RTR so are you using RTR.

Kraxis
03-02-2005, 15:03
Well the Spartans are really powerful... They have the stats to beat almost anyone in a normal melee (no phalanx).

I have not noticed any exceptional strong Militia Hoplites or similar and I'm playing with them. As soon as the enemy gets near the rear they rout. Damn I have even had a unit of Eastern Infantry break one of them with a frontal charge. Naturally I felt rather surprised at that.

The Stranger
03-02-2005, 15:16
i would fall of my chair if i would see that.

Arrowhead
03-02-2005, 17:40
If you use Germanian Screeching Women they would get to yur lines then rout.