PDA

View Full Version : What do You get if you combine MTW and RTW

The Stranger
03-05-2005, 19:34
in my imagination the Perfect Game.

what should be in it

the 3D map
the era changes
MTW's glory campaign (the one with the points)
Marian Reform type of things that affect unit and stuff (not only bodygaurds)
RTW graphics or better
all kind of Final Touches
Campaign save replay
Battle simulator
NOOOOOOOOO BUGS
More Historical figures (they were in MTW but they're missing in RTW)

more just post it

Colovion
03-05-2005, 21:09
I wish it was RTW was made first and MTW was the second.

Just because I love the medieval timeframe more... there's more depth to it.

katank
03-05-2005, 22:10
I also personally like the governor bonuses of MTW and region specific units with valor boosts etc.

Era change is already like Marian reforms as early specific units like Swabian Sowrdsmen are not buildable in High etc.

That would indeed be the perfect game. Though I would waste so much time...

Uesugi Kenshin
03-06-2005, 04:27
If only we could do all of that for Citadel: Total War. I also really like the Medieval time frame, you get the Irish and English fighting every other year or so and the Ottoman Empire is on its rise to power. Nations are beginning to form..... Great stuff.

BTW when we finish CTW you may want to check it out to see if it adds that depth you were talking about. It should even though it is more Renaissance age.

therother
03-06-2005, 04:52
I also personally like the governor bonuses of MTW and region specific units with valor boosts etc.It should be possible to mod both these things into RTW as it stands.

Sinner
03-06-2005, 12:17
It is possible to mod in region specific valor bonuses: if I wanted Crete to provide better archers that're built there I'd simply set up a hidden resource, eg. crete, and then amend the missile line of buildings in export_descr_buildings.txt like this (additions in bold)...

practice_field requires factions { barbarian, ct_carthage, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
{
capability
{
recruit "carthaginian peltast" 0 requires factions { spain, }
recruit "barb peltast gaul" 0 requires factions { gauls, }
recruit "barb peltast german" 0 requires factions { germans, }
recruit "barb slinger briton" 0 requires factions { britons, }
recruit "barb archer dacian" 0 requires factions { dacia, } and not hidden_resource crete
recruit "barb archer dacian" 2 requires factions { dacia, } and hidden_resource crete
recruit "barb archer scythian" 0 requires factions { scythia, } and not hidden_resource crete
recruit "barb archer scythian" 2 requires factions { scythia, } and hidden_resource crete
recruit "carthaginian peltast" 0 requires factions { carthage, }
recruit "carthaginian archer" 0 requires factions { numidia, }
recruit "east peltast" 0 requires factions { armenia, pontus, }
recruit "east slinger" 0 requires factions { parthia, }
recruit "egyptian peltast" 0 requires factions { egyptian, }
recruit "egyptian slingers" 0 requires factions { egyptian, }
recruit "greek peltast" 0 requires factions { greek, }
recruit "roman velite" 0 requires factions { roman, } and not marian_reforms
recruit "roman light infantry auxillia" 0 requires factions { roman, } and marian_reforms
}

So this way any archers built on Crete no matter what faction will get a 2 chevron bonus. It's only Dacia and Scythia in the example, but you should get the idea, simply follow the same principle for each archer unit on the more advanced missile buildings.

There was a limit of 64 hidden_resources in v1.0 and I don't know if this has been changed, so you may not be able to tailor every province or unit.

Governor bonuses are perhaps a little harder, one idea I can think of is to again use hidden_resources as a requirement to build a new building type. I'm not sure if you can have hidden buildings that don't show up on the map and city list, they'd be ideal if you could. In any case, hidden or not, the province-specific building can be the trigger condition using SettlementBuildingExists to grant points in a trait, which is the closest I can think of, perhaps with an anti-trait whenever the character leaves the province, thus removing the bonus.

A simpler option would depend upon whether the SettlementName condition works or not. Assuming it does, then in combination with the GovernorInResidence condition you can grant the title trait to the current governor, again removing the trait if he moves away.

EDIT: As for what you get if you combine MTW and RTW... two ruined games instead of just one.

The Stranger
03-06-2005, 12:41
smart, this is what i'm going to do with boats in Athens.