PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Rebel Behaviour

masuro
03-06-2005, 04:09
Recently rebels have been popping up in my Julii territory so an army on route to fight the Spaniards has been taking detours to deal with them.
In one instance, three rebel units were trapped between my attacking army and reinforcements from a nearby city. They stood stock-still until both armies got close. Since they couldn't run away, they started to panic and run around in circles. I almost felt sorry as my archers and Hastati cut them down. Almost. :)
A little later my army cornered another small group of rebels and I let my archers shoot at them. I was reluctant to use infantry since I need them to fight 'real' armies. The rebels consisted of one unit of peasants and one unit of heavy infantry. A paved road seperated us on the battlefield. My arrows were taking a long time to kill the heavy infantry so I sent a unit of archers to flank them and do more damage. I foolishly sent the archers to the right so the heavy infantry were still getting a lot of benefit from their shields. When there were about five infantry left they started to take a stroll down the road! I thought maybe they were going to attack my lone archer unit but they were just sauntering along. That exposed their on-shielded side, of course, and a volley of arrows killed two of them. The remaining three panicked and started running in circles. Then the bolted for the red line. Arrows killed another two before the remaining soldier got out of range.

These little interesting behaviours add a lot to the game for me.