PDA

View Full Version : Building forts?

steve
03-06-2005, 10:57
i was wondering how you build forts. I see the computer doing all over so is it possible to build them yourself?

homey
03-06-2005, 11:26
yea it is possible m8, only a genral can build a fort its the consruction button above the merc hiring.

InsaneApache
03-06-2005, 11:28
Yes it is possible, you need a general to do it. If you click on him you will see a building roster on the bottom right-hand side iirc, click on it you will see a menu. On the menu is the option to build either a watchtower or a fort. If the menu is 'greyed' then either you dont have enough money to build or there may be an enemy unit next to you.

Hope that helps ~;)

*damn beaten to it* ~D

Sinner
03-06-2005, 11:43
You can't build forts adjacent to ech other, you have to have a gap between them. There also appears to be terrain limits: I've had instances where there are no nearby forts or enemy units but the build button has remained greyed out, and the only common factor was that I was in rought terrain.

Productivity
03-06-2005, 15:45
You can't build forts adjacent to ech other, you have to have a gap between them. There also appears to be terrain limits: I've had instances where there are no nearby forts or enemy units but the build button has remained greyed out, and the only common factor was that I was in rought terrain.

Out of money?

Sinner
03-06-2005, 15:51
With over 2 million in the bank I doubt it.

Oaty
03-06-2005, 23:36

If it's swampland you can't build a fort. Also if there is a diplomat/spy next to you, you have to chase the dipomat/spy away to build it there.

steve
03-06-2005, 23:55
Thanks guys! ~:cheers:

HarunTaiwan
03-08-2005, 07:37
How do you guys get 2 million denari?

I find myself using forts more and more. Very handy.

Zalmoxis
03-08-2005, 08:29
Yeah, how do you get 2 million denari? I have some 5,000 and I'm playing Brutii (already have Greece and Asia Minor)

Quillan
03-08-2005, 15:56
If you're playing Bruti, have Greece and Asia Minor, how do you NOT have money flowing out of your ears? That area is the cash cow to end all cash cows. Build trade. Sea trade generates more money than anything else. Build ports to the max level you can, then build markets, then roads. You're Bruti, so build Mercury temples to increase trade even more. Do you have Rhodes yet? Grab it if you don't, it will increase all your naval trade by 40%.

HarunTaiwan
03-09-2005, 08:04
Yes, I do that. I normally get very positive cashflow then and end up with 50,000 balance per turn, sometimes much more.

But not 2 million. Maybe my games end too quickly.