PDA

View Full Version : Oliphant Cheat

Sparticus
03-08-2005, 18:29
I wanted to spice my game up a bit and try out the cheat that enables the use of ginormous elephants. To my dismay, however I could'nt get the darn cheat to work. Can anyone explain to me how it works?

I think I heard that cheats don't work post 1.2, is this true?

Many thanks.

~:cheers:

player1
03-08-2005, 19:25
You could try unlocking them by moding.

Find export_descrption_unit.txt file (in data folder).
Backup it, just in case.
Find in it cheat oliphants.
in line with attributes delete ", no_custom"
and in the line ownership add which faction would you like to have it.

This, way, that facion would get them in custom battles.

For a campaign play, it's a bit more difficult...

Es Arkajae
03-09-2005, 10:20
I had the same problem at first, let me guess it says 'no location specified' or something like that?

You have to click on a city or army on the campaign map where you want the oliphaunt unit to appear to have it do so.

Once you've clicked on the settlement or unit press the ~ key to bring up the chat thingie then just enter oliphaunt and bingo, your army or city now has a unit of oliphaunts.~D

Keep in mind also that a cheat can only be used once in a game session, after you've already used a cheat you have to exit the whole game to desktop and then restart it again to enter a new cheat.

Have fun:), watching the oliphaunts throw guys in the air is bloody hilarious~D

Sparticus
03-09-2005, 16:24
Thanks for the answers

I tried it out last night, and it was great watching units fly over the camera, even when I was full zoomed out. ~D

The Stranger
03-09-2005, 18:50
I had the same problem at first, let me guess it says 'no location specified' or something like that?

You have to click on a city or army on the campaign map where you want the oliphaunt unit to appear to have it do so.

Once you've clicked on the settlement or unit press the ~ key to bring up the chat thingie then just enter oliphaunt and bingo, your army or city now has a unit of oliphaunts.~D

Keep in mind also that a cheat can only be used once in a game session, after you've already used a cheat you have to exit the whole game to desktop and then restart it again to enter a new cheat.

Have fun:), watching the oliphaunts throw guys in the air is bloody hilarious~D

yes what he says, is right. if you don't target a arny or city with a spare slot it won't work