PDA

View Full Version : Maps!

Combine Soldier
03-11-2005, 12:03
It pretty obvious what this thread is about. I decided not to bother the devs with PM's, as you guys probably get a million, and will see the suggestion just as well here.

This mod has one HUGE thing going for it, not being restricted by realism. Most importantly, terrain. Im not sure how restricted you guys are as far as map making(battle maps) but this is a good opportunity to make some interesting maps to go with the fantasy theme.

I want to see more interesting maps than in RTW. I want to see hills, trees, fog, rain and stuff more often. But more specifically, I want to see interesting architechture.

Things like huge mountain ranges, flanked by other mountains or coasts which create a natural bottle neck. Think bridge battle, but without the birdge. Stuff like that. More interesting cities, like MTW and STW. Hill cities, instead of always being on flat ground.

The posibilities are endless. I want to recreate thermopylae style battles without always having to choose a bland flat bridge as the closest thing.
Massive impassible forests, with tight spots in the middle. Forrest on hills, with heavy rain. Anything but the boring flatlad, or hilly land with no trees, or trees with no hills. Maps in RTW bore the hell out of me.

These are just suggestions, obviously anything can be done because the mod is not historically based. Like I said, I dont know what restrictions you guys fac as far as mapping, but I would reallly like to see something that inspires me, or challenges my army when I deploy them. I want thermopylae.

By no mean are they the only posibilities, just ideas. The could be coasts littered with dead trees or black forests for demon lands. Hilly forest filled lands with tight spots for human nations. land that have villages as eye candy instead of to fight over. Peasent houses.

Anyway, enough ranting, I think I have desribed what im talking about, interesting maps, full stop. Keep up the good work hoggy, loving it. Lets here it for RTW, moddability, and the guys making it happen.