PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to increase agent's skills

m4rt14n
03-14-2005, 09:53
Okay, even with 9+ eyes for assassins, I still find it hard to assasinate anybody of any importance. The most I can get with a faction leader or heir with 2 leaves is 11%. I really liked the old MTW, where you can win a campaign by just creating super assasins (or those nasty Inquisitors) and wipin the floor with other factions generals.

This would definitely improve strategic gameplay. I stare in dissolusiions when they declared that they are dumbing down the assasins capabilities in the new mod (from 100% to 95%).

Is tehre a way to mod assasins so they get more "killing" power?

Quillan
03-14-2005, 14:18
Not really, no, in answer to your question in the thread title. 10 eyes is the max limit for an agent. Your chance to get a kill can vary widely depending on a number of factors. There are a lot of traits a general can get that influence personal security, making assassination harder. Trying and failing an assassination will make it worse the next time. Now, sometimes you find the opposite. A general can also wind up with those "trusting" traits that makes assassination easier. Also, the size of the army has an effect, as does the presence of enemy assassins/spies in the army. Personally, I like it better this way. While it's very hard to work up an assassin to that level the first time, it's easier to train new ones once you start passing the retinue along to the new guys. Before this change, it was a little too easy to pull off assassinations.

m4rt14n
03-14-2005, 16:35
yes but now its impossible to kill any good heirs/leaders.

Oaty
03-14-2005, 21:33
yes but now its impossible to kill any good heirs/leaders.

Perhaps a bit of historical accuracy in the game

player1
03-14-2005, 23:24
Especially those that were targeted for assassnation before, since they usuallly get traits that give then bonuses against assassins.

Titus Livius
03-15-2005, 09:20
There was one family member of Pontus, the King, no less, who had the trait "trusting," which gave him something like a -3 to resisting assassination attempts. I sent my best assassin, with 7 eyes, to take care of him and he came up as 95%. It was almost too easy.

Productivity
03-15-2005, 11:13
If you put it into context, a 11% success chance is huge. Think about it, armies would never be used, assassins would be all that you would send.

Ashitaka-san
03-16-2005, 02:12
Yeah, it is better to have less chance in order to make it more realistic.

How difficult would it be to assasinate a faction leader? You think they aren't going to be surrounded by a good amount of guards and security?

Even a master assassin would find it difficult.

player1
03-16-2005, 03:32
If you put it into context, a 11% success chance is huge. Think about it, armies would never be used, assassins would be all that you would send.

Don't forget that after every failed assasination attemt, general gets more and more security making later attempts almost impossible.

Aetius the Last Roman
03-16-2005, 12:25
I do think that it is far too risky to kill low-level captains or generals.
Most of your assasins start out green so getting an uber-agent or even a squad has become a challenge.

However, the one thing that does annoy the hel out of me is that 1.2 stops spies from dying.

MrWhipple
03-17-2005, 21:00
I have found that the best way to get your agents stronger is to use all of them as much as you can. I usually alt click on the agent tab every turn and cycle through all my agents each turn and find something for each of them to do. I like to train my assasins on rebel captans. I just keep hitting the stack turn after turn. I helps if you do this on forigen soil so the devastation doesn't build up on your own land.
I also keep my diplomats talking to everyone that they meet. Even a failed bribe attempt gives them experience. I keep one or two diplomats wandering about just selling my map. by the time you get back around to a country, you have an updated map that is worth more than it was last time, and you are building uber-diplos at the same time. I then put the ubers on the front lines to extract tribute form my enemies. Sometimes a whole turn will be composed of just dealing with my agents.

Malrubius
03-17-2005, 21:36
However, the one thing that does annoy the hel out of me is that 1.2 stops spies from dying.

Tell that to two dead Carthaginian spies of mine, killed scoping out Roman diplomats in Sicilia! ~:)

MrWhipple is certainly right about training your agents. I try to have them attempt 2 or 3 deals per diplomatic meeting, trying to get ceasefires, protectorates, bribing, alliances, whatever I need. They can gain a point of influence every year or so doing that.