PDA

View Full Version : How does one cheat???

B1ueBa11
03-15-2005, 16:07
It looks like they should have written a manual on how to use command codes in this game.

Ok that was my gripe. Here are the real questions:
(I would like answers from people who have tried the cheats on v1.2 and know that it work. Your opinions will not answer my questions this time)

1. When using the "give_trait" how should the name of the character be written?

2. What if the name has more than one word? Do you use a cap for the first letter of the second name?

3. If a character has a title in his name (the Wrathful, the Great...) does that need to be included in the name?

No matter what your opinions on cheating are, I don't think it's fair that my characters get bad traits because I don't feel like micromanaging for half an hour each turn. (You know, moving each governor so the don't get the drink traits, rotating my governors from frontier to mainland... that sort of crap)

The Stranger
03-15-2005, 16:09
for Q2 you use a "_" but look at www.gamefaqs.com than search for RTW and look at cheats

B1ueBa11
03-15-2005, 16:42
I really hate repeating myself. I need answers from people who have tried the cheats on v1.2 and know it works. I've searched the web and only found lists of commands, some longer than others, but nothing like a template showing how to input the cheats.

Please read the post carefully before posting useless info.

Thank you.

Dutch_guy
03-15-2005, 17:19
just press ~ and enter your cheat, works post patch, never worked with other cheats than the fog of war cheat though

therother
03-15-2005, 17:26
The general form is:

give_trait "Character Name" TraitLine TraitLevel

e.g. give_trait "Gaius Scipio" GoodCommander 2

would give Gaius Scipio two levels (not trait points) of the GoodCommander trait line. This is how you use it for one and two word names. If the character has an epithet, like the Wrathful, you must use his original name here, if you still know it.

There is one complication:

give_trait "Kleomenes of_Sparta" GoodCommander 2

Notice the "_" inbetween of and Sparta.

You will only be able to do this only a few times per game, after which you will have to save and reload.

Sinner
03-15-2005, 17:44
From what I recall you can use the give_trait command 3 times before having to reload.

Another feature is by using a trait level of zero, eg give_trait "Gaius Scipio" GoodCommander 0, you remove that trait, which is a useful - if cheating - way of removing irritants such as BadFarmer.

B1ueBa11
03-15-2005, 20:44
So caps on both names, no epitheth and underscore only with 2 part last name. Thanks Therother.

Thanks also to Sinner for that bit of info. I hadn't thought of that.

Tricky Lady
03-15-2005, 22:38
Quick question.

Is there any way to remove the "Disinherited" trait?

therother
03-15-2005, 22:48
Disinheriented is the first level of the Exheir trait line.

So try:

give_trait "Gaius Scipio" Exheir 0

Either that or modify this trigger from RTW/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt:

;------------------------------------------
Trigger disinherited
WhenToTest CeasedFactionHeir

Condition not Trait Exheir = 1
and not IsFactionLeader

Affects Exheir 1 Chance 100
Edit: Actually, I should say that I've not tried the above modification, so perhaps it either won't work or will have nasty side-effects. Anyone brave enough to try it?

AntiochusIII
03-16-2005, 06:49
Tricky Lady: A more radical way is to erase the trigger entirely. I've done it, and it works. Though it is rather...radical. ~D

B1ueBa11: more information of traits for you to add to your family members can be found in its entirety in Your RTW folder\Data\export_descr_character_traits
Also with informations, and triggers of those traits. You may want to check around a bit since it can be edited, providing a kind of "cheat" you may want (erasing the triggers that brings badfarmer, badtaxman, etc, and all the triggers that happens when your governers sit around too long)

For more information about editing visit the RTW Modification forum.

P.S. Your name SCARES me! Is it taken from the evil colorful things that consumes the mind of babies by their shows of endless chanting(songs)? That thing is SCARY!

B1ueBa11
03-16-2005, 16:40
I tried that last night and I got the "Character not found" error.