PDA

View Full Version : Sword dojo's future

Drisos
03-17-2005, 09:57
First i need to say that i like the sword dojo and all members who're posting in here. :bow: ~;) ~:grouphug: But the activity seems to become less and less in here: members who never visit the forum anymore(Kensai?, Deadrunner?), members who have moved into the tavern and don't visit here much(ichi?, adrianII?), junior members who never become really active in here(just a girl?, HunkinElvis?, Alexi?)

Of course there aren't many (die hard) shogun players anymore, so staying in sword dojo is less attractive, but isn't there any way we(me and . . ??who :dizzy2: ) can make sword dojo more popular?

:help:

Lord Hornburg
03-17-2005, 19:15
I got Shogun WE rencently and have begun posting here. I think because i got it for £5 (cheap) people think its rubbish with nasty graphics.

Ok the graphics aren't as good as Rome Total War but I love the assain movies the smallness of the map and the distinctively good AI.

ah_dut
03-17-2005, 19:46
I love STW most out of the series...I just used to post about it in the EH then nobody talks about it here, so there's little to discuss.

Well that and the fact I suck big time at STW

Drisos
03-17-2005, 20:55
I love STW most out of the series...

***great! ~:cheers:

Well that and the fact I suck big time at STW

doesn´t matter, at least you like the game (which is great!) and i'm not an expert either.

:bow:

Drisos
03-17-2005, 20:58
I think because i got it for £5 (cheap) people think its rubbish with nasty graphics.

it was 10 euro's for me. (kind of cheap too) ~;)

It's such a great game, we should find a way to get all those RTW players back to shogun. ~:grouphug:

anyone has good ideas? :help:

maybe we could make a few sticky's i sword dojo about different parts of the game?? any intresting subjects on STW or just japan in sengoku Jidai?

Shambles
03-17-2005, 22:53
in all fairness just a girl is my wife and i made her come here lol :).
Just teaching her how to play shogun and so she isnt likeley to be involvd with disscussions unless i point 1 out to her :S

Irinami
03-18-2005, 00:53
I don't know that there's a lot to talk about, really.

Although, within a month I ought to have something to talk about. But that's a secret! ~;)

Wilbo
03-18-2005, 13:56
I love the Sword Dojo ~:)

Ihavent been posting in here recently as I havent had time for Shogun. I was on a training course all last week and went away for the weekend :(

Anyway, ok Ill post a new topic to see if anyone is interested...

Jay Tee
03-18-2005, 19:13
Well, I just started playing Shoggy this week and I like it more at the moment than RTW. I don't post here often yet, because at the moment I'm just too obsessed with playing the game! :duel:

Byzantine Prince
03-19-2005, 09:35
I really nee dot get a new copy. I first played Shogun when it came out and then I lost it somehow. I wonder if my local Future Shop(like the American BestBuy) has one. I'm definetly on the look out and once I find it I'll start posting here more often. ~:)

Jay Tee
03-19-2005, 12:35
I ordered my copy from play.com.

Drisos
03-21-2005, 11:11
We seem to make imporvements in sword dojo at the moment, great guys.

i now see more members that tell me that they play STW too, while i thought it were only a few anymore. ~;)

i also see two intresting new topics, which is great too, as soon as i finally get over my tech. problems with the game(you can help me? visit apothecary!), i will make a thread on a new expert campaign of mine or about the historical campaigns for instance. ~;)

~:cool:

Biggus Diccus
03-23-2005, 02:17
I love Shogun as well, but after finishing with Shimazu, Uesugi and Oda I lost a little interest. I am playing MTW atm and it is great! The scope of the game is much broader, but I miss the great feel of battles in STW. Just the look of the landscape and the weather effects make me wanna start up another campaign, perhaps Takeda or Mori.

Drisos
03-24-2005, 14:18
I am playing MTW !

*** ~:mecry: ~:mecry: ***

me wanna start up another campaign!

why don't you try our MP campaign? the thread about it is here in sword dojo, the adress is in my sig.

ichi
03-24-2005, 16:11
members who have moved into the tavern and don't visit here much(ichi?, adrianII?)

The Sword Dojo is where I first landed when I joined the Org, and it isimportant to me to cruise thru and check it regularly.

Right now I'm having fun with the STW Mod for VI, so not a lot to say about STW. When there's a new thread I try to chip in if I have anything of value, but since others usualy answer first (and better than I could) sometimes I just lurk.

I haven't moved into the Tavern full-time (it smells like tinkle in there!) as a matter of fact I just took a job in the Console Forum.

*bows to the Diehard Shogunistas*

Keep the best game ever alive!

ichi ~:cheers:

Byzantine Prince
03-24-2005, 18:16
I'm playing the Mod of MTW-VI STW as well. The only problem with it is that bodies seem to disapear. Do you know a way to fix that Ichi?

ichi
03-25-2005, 01:12
No BP I got no answers.

I have had units disappear from the strategy map.

ichi :bow:

Drisos
04-04-2005, 10:04
*bows to the Diehard Shogunistas*

Keep the best game ever alive!

Nice words! ~;)

i'm playing since november last year, so i'm not a die hard yet, but i simply love the game and can't understand why people prefer other TW games.

btw: i'm still not able to play the game, my problem is posted in apothecary in the thread 'grafics problem in stw we'. I'm getting desperate, i cannot stand the thought that i might never play the game again. . . :help:

Drisos
04-18-2005, 12:53
I think the situation is far better than I thought, lots of members are keepin' an eye on the sword dojo, but don't often post.

I must confess that I haven't been very active in sword dojo the last weeks, I regreate that, but it's also because STW isn't working anymore.

Lots of new members who play STW have joined lately, I started welcoming them, but there were very much of them. So: WELCOME ALL NEW STW-PLYING MEMBERS! btw: hi and respect to all other stw-playing members too!

I'll try never to lose my attention on the sword dojo again, it's such a great place. I'm the one who posted this thread to keep sword dojo alive, so I should be the one who gives the good example and keeps active, shame on me . . .

C ya later fellow shogunisties! :bow:

barocca
04-18-2005, 15:31
MTW-VI STWmod - bodies
the bodies disappear because the original deadpage file was a mess

in order for a body to be displayed there has to be a perfect match between the deadpage file and the unit prod file
the one that came out with the game was NOT working, and when i added shoggy units i did not realise why - now i know why and Puzz was given a copy of a working deadpage file,

SO bodies should have been fixed in the multiplayer version released a few months back (it can be found here - Samurai Wars thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=41796)

NOW if it is still not working PLEASE tell me VIA private message
(i have not tested bodies in that version yet - they SHOULD be fixed already)
IF they are still not working in Sam Wars version then I will try to find my research and make a working deadpage file.

WANT A COPY OF SHOGUN????
E-BAY - yes E-Bay, there were several dozen copies of it on e-bay last week,
(someone else asked me where to get a copy)
now with e-bay check out who you are buying from, have they had negative feedback? lots and lots of good feedback?
and the prices, last week there were copies from as cheap as 99c US to $10 US - with the average being around $3 US.
ALSO check postage costs - some people only charge what it actually costs to send - some charge a small handling fee on top of costs.
(and a couple are clueless - i bought a game recently where the postage i was billed for was less than half of what it actually cost to post!! - they would have made no profit on the game, thats for sure)

CAVEAT EMPTOR - buyer beware - make sure you feel you can trust the dude's you want to buy from - and dont hold me responsible for anything that goes wrong

cheers,
B.

Adrian II
04-18-2005, 16:06
I think the situation is far better than I thought, lots of members are keepin' an eye on the sword dojo, but don't often post.That's right, my friend. I have been active in the Monastery and the Forge lately and I'm still active in the Backroom - but I always keep an eye on this forum for old times' sake and because I can occasionally help out newcomers. And Drisos, your posts are a fine testimony to the continuing popularity of S:TW.
:bow:

Jochi Khan
04-19-2005, 15:28
Hi all

Although I haven't played shogun for quite some time I do keep up-to-date with the postings in this forum.
Don't post very often myself.

Jochi