PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys. First Time Poster

sonny254
03-17-2005, 23:58
Hi guys. First time poster long time reader.
Just wanted to say "Hi" ;)

Deleted by TosaInu

Placid Tramp
03-18-2005, 02:29
Hi Sonny, Welcome to the org ~:)

Thanks for the tip, looks like we've already missed the boat though, Now if you'd told us Monday..... ~;)

Big King Sanctaphrax
03-18-2005, 02:48
Hello! Welcome to the .Org! May your time here be long and prosperous. ~:wave:

Like they said to me welcome to the .Org and enjoy your time here.:)

KukriKhan
03-18-2005, 06:55
Wow...your husband is conversant with 'geometric dynamic recrystallization'. Hope that works out for you guys. Let us know.

Meanwhile: welcome to the Org ~:wave:

Note: while we appreciate the tip and your enthusiasm, Org policy ( and it's non-profit nature) dictates that we keep such potentially money-making recommendations to a minimum, lest we be accused of selling a product, however worthy, on which our membership could potentially lose actual cash.

Thanks for your contribution, and: keep coming back! What is your favorite faction?

ichi
03-19-2005, 01:39
*Resists urge to put Chief Sniffer hat back on*

Welcome to the Org sonny

ichi (the friendly but skeptical ronin)

BalkanTourist
03-19-2005, 04:11
Is it just me, or does that first post stink from a far. Sorry, but I did not appreciate that "tip" because it seems to me that this would be her first and her last post. Now I realise why they have the junior/member system. This is a good example.

Devastatin Dave
03-19-2005, 04:38
Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!! :balloon2:

Quietus
03-19-2005, 04:45
Is it just me, or does that first post stink from a far. Sorry, but I did not appreciate that "tip" because it seems to me that this would be her first and her last post. Now I realise why they have the junior/member system. This is a good example. For a "long time" reader I'm surprised the poster missed the Hail New Members (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39010) thread if the intention was merely to say "Hi". :dizzy2:

KukriKhan
03-19-2005, 06:05
Steady Lads. Remember that we use the principle of charity (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=42056) here. We assume members are who they say they are, until proven otherwise.

There is no way a 'bot could navigate our (purposely) labyrithine registration process. Heck, I have to help 5 or 6 humans every week. ~:)

So we can safely assume that human fingertips touched the correct keyboard keys several times, landing sonny254 in our midst. It's up to us to provide the same warm welcome we received, and help the newcomer get used to this new "Org" environment - its rules, its procedures, its personality.

Adrian II
03-19-2005, 08:25
Heck, I have to help 5 or 6 humans every week. ~:) You call that help?? I dumped those Japanese IT shares like you told us, and now they're going through the roof! This is one unhappy Hubby...
:furious3:

Kekvit Irae
03-20-2005, 01:34
I doubt this is a bot. But I do believe this is just a poster wanting to get a few views on their website. You would be surprised at what one would do to spam, to include creating a mule account and posting once claiming they are a "long time viewer".
Note that the last activity was two days ago.

EDIT: Note the horrible formatting of the message. Looks copy-and-pasted from another text.

Sasaki Kojiro
03-20-2005, 02:06
I wonder if he has any pyramid schemes I can buy into?

Placid Tramp
03-21-2005, 01:41
I Just googled for the original post & guess what - 358 hits, all on different forums.

I feel such a fool :embarassed:

Kekvit Irae
03-21-2005, 03:34
Dont say I didnt warn you. :winkg:

Craterus
03-21-2005, 18:04
welcome :balloon2: ~:)

Divine Wind
03-21-2005, 18:16
That was so obviously a web promo.

I googled it too and came up with hundreds of sites all with the same message in there forums.

I demand a sacrifice!!

Pomerium
03-21-2005, 18:26
Steady Lads. Remember that we use the principle of charity (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=42056) here. We assume members are who they say they are, until proven otherwise.

There is no way a 'bot could navigate our (purposely) labyrithine registration process. Heck, I have to help 5 or 6 humans every week. ~:)

So we can safely assume that human fingertips touched the correct keyboard keys several times, landing sonny254 in our midst. It's up to us to provide the same warm welcome we received, and help the newcomer get used to this new "Org" environment - its rules, its procedures, its personality.

Not that I post too much in the ORG, just seeing that post had me thinking FRAUD. Hubby wants you to buy into an IPO. Sell fast. I am glad that pessimism has its place now and then

Craterus
03-21-2005, 19:02
SACRIFICE :shocked2: :stunned: :scared: ???
is that when u ban a member? lol

Folcumbane
04-03-2005, 11:56
I have been "sacrificed" so many times at different forums, that I can't stand it anymore ;)

Craterus
04-03-2005, 12:19
does it mean that you get banned from the forum? ~;) ~D ~:confused:

octavian
04-04-2005, 01:03
no, its when the org secret agents come knocking on a random members door, drag him to the nearest tree, tie him up, and... well u get the idea :) ;)

Drisos
04-04-2005, 09:23
got only one thing to say: welcome sonny! ~:)