PDA

View Full Version : Patch problems...

Krosh
03-18-2005, 02:08
Hey everyone I'm having some problems. Our family owns two computer and the same copy of rome total war is installed on both. The only difference is on one computer we downloaded the 1.1 patch when it came out and then later the 1.2 patch. On the other we had just the retail version installed until we recently updated it to 1.2. Unfortunately it seems like the second computer doesn't get the stuff implemented in 1.1 like the nerf to elephants/increased unit sizes etc. I'm now used to playing with the larger unit sizes but I'd like to be able to play on the second computer.

They're both now running 1.2 but this is the only difference. I've tried installing 1.1 on the second computer after we already did 1.2 but I got an error message or something. Also we've lost a couple of the install discs so I don't think reinstalling is an option. I know its a silly situation but if anyone has any solutions I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

SpencerH
03-18-2005, 13:21
LOL, brings tear to eye.

Need help? Buy the game.

RJV
03-18-2005, 13:28
LOL, brings tear to eye.

Need help? Buy the game.

Heh heh. Hard but fair ...

Krosh
03-20-2005, 23:02
What are you talking about? I've already bought the game once i dont want to buy it again I just want to know how I can get 1.1 on my computer. So that's my problem, what's yours?

katank
03-20-2005, 23:24
You can just copy over the entire RTW folder from one computer to the other.

Kekvit Irae
03-20-2005, 23:24
What are you talking about? I've already bought the game once i dont want to buy it again I just want to know how I can get 1.1 on my computer. So that's my problem, what's yours?

It's the game developer's right to say to the customers, "one copy, one computer". It's the game publisher's right to make money by only allowing single licenses to their software. It's the forum's right to stamp out any attempt at piracy.
If the problem is too great for you, then you should see no problem in buying another copy.

SpencerH
03-21-2005, 15:41

Yeah, if I had a nickel for everyone who bought a game but 'lost their disk' and needs help re-installing. LOL. The dog ate my homework is more likely.