PDA

View Full Version : City bribed - lost my army

Terry
03-19-2005, 16:19
I had just moved a provisional army back into Patavium for rest and refit. It was on its way to join the main force battling Romans to the south. I hit the end turn button, there was an announcement that the city had been bribed and was now owned by the Brutii faction. My army was gone. I sent a spy inside and they weren't there. Were they slaughtered and buried in unmarked graves?

Terry ~:confused:

Kaiser of Arabia
03-19-2005, 16:38
To be frank,
no, they deserted.
Thats why I hate bribing.

Terry
03-19-2005, 16:53
No, I'm not Frank, and they wouldn't do that. They weren't that way. Captain "I Coulda been a contenda" domatrix was a loyal man thru and thru...

Terry

Kekvit Irae
03-19-2005, 17:04
It's a sad fact of life. If they arent led by a family member, they are very vulnerable to bribes. Cities and armies are immune if they are led by a leader or heir

Terry
03-19-2005, 17:44
The funny thing is, that north of Patavium, the city of Luvavum was bribed the turn before, and the next year it was back flying the Gaul flag with a retrained army inside and a Roman Barracks.

Terry

The Stranger
03-19-2005, 18:16
i think the RTW bribing system sucks, the MTW bribing system (where you bribed the army to fight for you) was much better, that was more realistic

Kekvit Irae
03-19-2005, 21:17
i think the RTW bribing system sucks, the MTW bribing system (where you bribed the army to fight for you) was much better, that was more realistic

That still works in RTW, but you have to be a certain culture to do so. If you play as (for example) Germans, they will refuse to join your army and will disband. However, if you play as a Roman, you will be offered the luxury of bribing them into your army.

The Stranger
03-20-2005, 09:39
oh yeah forgot oyur righ, but still i liked to bribe barbarians or cataphracts in my own army, but EB is fixing this by making auxiliares available everywhere, but they are weaker than the normal one

Titus Livius
03-22-2005, 22:38
This is a prime example of why I let my assassins practice on diplomats.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
03-22-2005, 22:41
Simple solution: Brutally assasinate the diplomats in their sleep.

Nelson
03-22-2005, 22:56
Beware of good generals with bad bribery vices. You know, the ones that read ”-100% to bribe”. If you see an enemy diplomat approach them somebody needs to move or die.

Kaldhore
03-23-2005, 09:46
Bribe the bribers or assasinate them as the others have said. Problemus solvedus.

Craterus
03-23-2005, 17:45
have any of you noticed that diplomats are the hardest characters to assasinate in the game apart form faction leaders..
therefore killing the brinbers isn't so easy...

Turbo
03-24-2005, 22:52
If you want to stop the AI from bribing your cities, try putting a diplomat and a spy in the city. I haven't lost a single city since doing this.

Kaldhore
03-25-2005, 05:06
If you cant kill the diplomats - its usually bcos he has high skill, save up and bribe him and make him useful.

Mountaindew
03-25-2005, 08:44
If you cant kill the diplomats - its usually bcos he has high skill, save up and bribe him and make him useful.

STRONGLY AGREED-BRIBE THE BRIBER, per say.

hmmmm...it kinda sucks that u dont get the bribed army, unless they are of the same culture AND ur faction must have the ability to produce them urself. but then again, the bribery cost has significantly dropped compared to RTW. for a couple of units, it takes about a couple 10,000. Now, its just at most 10,000 for a full stack army, and up to 500 grand for cities.

i tried bribing some rebel druids (and peasants in the stack) into my army playing as britannia, but they all disbanded, even though they are the same druids AND they have the same unit card. IT SUCKS!