PDA

View Full Version : how to see current unit stats while in battle

Terry
03-22-2005, 05:14
I know that they changed a lot of things from MTW to RTW. In MTW, while in battle, you could bring up a list of units and their current status during the battle and their modifiers. I was trying to find out what "Warcry" did for the Warband unit. It was mentioned here that it gives them a +4 attack. Am I missing where to look for this? Or is this gotten from anothere source?

Terry

hrvojej
03-22-2005, 05:58
There is no official confirmation on the effect of warcry bonus, and no way to check it out in the files. There is no f1 screen, but you can pause and then check out individual unit stats (right clicking your unit icon and double left-clicking the enemy unit, I think - I do it on autopilot in battle, so I guess this is correct).

Red Harvest
03-22-2005, 06:15
Probably about the only way to truly test warcry would be to mod stats for otherwise identical units. For example, take the Thracian falxmen vs. the Dacian falxmen and cut both of there attacks down considerably. Set the Dacian to 1 attack, and the Thracian to 5 attack. Play a 1 vs 1 battle on medium as Dacian falxmen vs. Thracian falxmen. Use your warcry then attack. Record casualties on each side after about 10 or 20 seconds of combat (so that the warcry doesn't "expire.") If they are equal, then you have found the differential. It could take quite a few tests to confirm.

+4 attack sounds about right. CA seems to like the +4 increment and it seems to match the "feel" of the units in battle. I haven't done the test though. I saw the post from the person suggesting it was 4, and tend to believe it--partially because it was exactly the number I was assuming...and I was feeling lazy, LOL.

It might make sense to cut the lethality way back when doing this as well (if the kill rate is rather high.)

Red Harvest
03-22-2005, 07:30
Tried this test a few times and messed around with stats a bit. I'm not sure. It looks like the warcry effect stops after 25 to 30 secs. It also appears to be much stronger in the first 10-15 seconds. Kill rates seemingly exceed +8 at times during that stretch. After that the kill rates seem to fall in the "second half" of warcry, probably to +4 or so. And then they return to normal. That is my impression.

It is very tough to do with normal lethality. I cut it to 0.45 and 0.2 to get a better feel. I set charge bonus to zero.