PDA

View Full Version : Killing the cutscenes! How to

Oaty
03-26-2005, 14:46
Tired of that camera zooming in on 6 busted walls while dealing with chariots busting up a wing of your army or your trying to cutoff reenforcements from reaching the city.

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

And go to preferences and set this to false

EVENT_CUTSCENES:FALSE

I originally overlooked that when going through it and surprised I never saw mention of it since so many hate those cutscenes.

Now no more zooming in on a generals death or having to deal with the nasty cutscene camera while busting up walls and theres actualy some action going on

metatron
03-26-2005, 18:14
Hats off to you!

Quietus
03-27-2005, 03:23
Oaty,

I'd add it to the Guide (with credit). But do you mind specifying which animations are affected? All battle map animations? Including General death? (just to save time testing it myself).

Thx, much appreciated.

Oaty
03-27-2005, 17:06
Oaty,

I'd add it to the Guide (with credit). But do you mind specifying which animations are affected? All battle map animations? Including General death? (just to save time testing it myself).

Thx, much appreciated.

ALL cutscenes are omitted so no close up of the generals death and no cutscene for breaking down a wall.

The generals death would'nt be so annoying except for the fact it's usually in the beginning while the battle is still young. But the walls definately had to go especially when you were fighting off reenforcements

Craterus
03-27-2005, 19:46
i hate the general's death cutscene because you barely ever see anything because there is always a horse in the way! ~;) ~:) :duel: