scipii
greek cities
seleucid empire
pontus
macedon
dacia
spain
armenia

which faction is your least favorite to play as ? and why ?

EDIT : was supposed to include a poll...

Jacque Schtrapp
03-26-2005, 17:03
Spain. I've never been able to do anything with their mix of units. They are stuck somewhere halfway between the barbarian and more civilized factions and don't seem to have gained any of the abilities of either group. Add that to a poor economic situation and you are quickly pwned by the Julii and Gauls. ~;)

Alien of Germania
03-26-2005, 18:41
overpowered romans... any of the three.

cunctator
03-26-2005, 19:38
The new kingdom egypts with all their half nacked fantasy units with fantastic stats.

professorspatula
03-26-2005, 19:43
Parthia: Horse Archers. Shoot from miles away and run when the enemy get near. How tedious. And if it isn't HAs it's Cataphracts and War Elephants: all you need to wipe out any enemy in the minimum of fuss. A boring campaign once you've severly weakened your immediate neighbours. You'll end up using virtually the same tactics on everyone from then on in.

FURRY_BOOTS
03-26-2005, 22:24
Parthia, purple pyjamas, no thank you :eeeek:

AntiochusIII
03-26-2005, 23:37
Egypt.

Mummies and chariots are long dead, NOT SUPERPOWER!!! :furious3:

Cheating evil death-worshipping axe-murdering chariot-riding bast*rds!

Akka
03-27-2005, 02:22
Least favorite faction to fight against : Egypt. They have horribly irritating archers, with heavy armors making them arrow-proof...

Least favorite faction to play : all the factions that doesn't give me the feeling of controlling a great civilization of the ancient times, either because of historical lack of relevance or culture. Or that I simply don't like.
Which includes Pontus, Britain, Armenia, Dacia, Spain and Numidia.

Shadar
03-27-2005, 05:43
Least favourite faction: EGYPT! :P obviously. Those units used in RTW were like in the New kingdom or older age, they obviously wouldn't be used in Ptolemaic Egypt. Not to mention all the family member pictures and sprites are COMPLETELY wrong. Plus, chariots and elephants and uber archers... geez.. stupid Egyptians :furious3: Not to mention that many of the neighbouring factions are to varying degrees cavalry based - which don't stand much of a chance against the chariots or elephants if the other factions are AI controlled. The factions which DO really stand a chance against the egyptians (the Seleucids and the Armenians), suck under the control of the AI, because they either start poor or they have difficulty expanding (or even holding onto their original provinces!).

Rattan
03-27-2005, 06:14
The Senate. I'm busy as the Julii sailing my troops to Spain to set up a second front against the Gauls. And they order me to blockade a port in 5 turns, which is impossible since it on the northern coast of Spain. And even if I had a chance to get there in time there is always the Carthage fleet blocking the entire strait with 15 ships.

I lost a good general to suicide because of them.

PseRamesses
03-27-2005, 10:01
The Senate. I'm busy as the Julii sailing my troops to Spain to set up a second front against the Gauls. And they order me to blockade a port in 5 turns, which is impossible since it on the northern coast of Spain. And even if I had a chance to get there in time there is always the Carthage fleet blocking the entire strait with 15 ships.

I lost a good general to suicide because of them.

You kan blockade ports with ground-units too you know, so you can get there a lot faster through Transalpine Gaul and Narbonensis etc.

Atreides
03-27-2005, 12:14
The germans (i don't have the mod for all the factions).

There so goddame poor and uncivilezed.

The got zero to no money. LONG distances and poor roads.

The units are intresting. But the economic bla bla sucks.

jerby
03-27-2005, 13:41
egypt, the missed it by a thousand years! hwo would you feel if someone asked you if you go to work in an ox-cart? ( sarcasm)

Wishazu
03-27-2005, 15:01
romans, all of em, overpowered and their elite units are relatively cheap

RollingWave
03-27-2005, 19:22
Errr in game play terms: Dacia: they got pretty much all the down sides, boring line up, vast borders with numerious enmies, no money at all, few places to expand to.

In overall terms, anyone with a shite load of unhistoric bull****, which obviously Egypt tops them all, though the Romans are also kinda close with their uber Pratorian + dogs + gladitors.

Mikeus Caesar
03-27-2005, 19:42
It's either the Romans, with their horribly over-powered legions (a single early cohort wiped out two units of my gold chevron armoured hoplites) or the Egyptians, with their ridiculous transparent aluminium armour.

Craterus
03-27-2005, 20:24
Least favourite faction: EGYPT! :P obviously. Those units used in RTW were like in the New kingdom or older age, they obviously wouldn't be used in Ptolemaic Egypt. Not to mention all the family member pictures and sprites are COMPLETELY wrong. Plus, chariots and elephants and uber archers... geez.. stupid Egyptians

the egyptians can't build elephants and mercs are rarely around to recruit.. you fool!

my least favourite faction to play is Thrace, because it's been slightly uneventful so far, but i've only had 4 campaigns so its early days

my least favourite faction to battle against is NONE! you gota ENJOY the battles!

if you don't enjoy playing the game, then why play it?

Kekvit Irae
03-27-2005, 23:19
All three Romans. Generic units, and it takes you at least 210BC and an Imperial Palace in Italy (Marius Event) to get any unit upgrades.

Coccum_Pugnus
03-27-2005, 23:25
The Spanish becasue that area is like a maze.....didn't have any problems with the egyptions.....prob. because I bribed them all to go away ~D

doc_bean
03-27-2005, 23:36
The Egyptians because they are so overpowered, and because they also wipe out more interesting factions early on :furious3:

The Romans are pretty boring to play, especially the Julii, they get to attack the weak Gaul provinces first, eliminating the early challenge, and once a Roman faction is going it's pretty much unstoppable (against the AI).

Craterus
03-28-2005, 12:57
i must say the Roman factions are pretty boring.. ~:handball: i beat a campaign with the scipii to unlock the other factions only to find out that you don't get all of them so i downloaded the all factions mod!

Selway
03-28-2005, 22:14
Any faction that has chariots! I hate fighting against them and I hate fighting with them. They are a pain to defeat and a pain to use. Their pathing is the absolute worst of any unit in a city. I loath them!

Old Celt
03-28-2005, 22:40
I soooo hate the Egyptians!! They are so uber that I don't ever play as them, but dealing with stack after stack of 6 chariot archers and 6 squadrons of vegematic desert cavalry just annoys the daylights out of me! Nothing pleases me more than to see the "Faction Destroyed" message for the stinky Egyptians!

Magraev
03-29-2005, 10:13
The least favorite lineup for me is the british. No cavalry except yucky chariots, silly headhurlers and slingers as the best missile troops...

The spanish are kinda crappy too though.

Craterus
03-29-2005, 17:59
Head-hurlers are the coolest missile unit... lol.
If a head got thrown at me I'd run away, especially if it was soaked in lime.