PDA

View Full Version : It's a good thing...

Bhruic
03-28-2005, 04:33
...that I didn't bring an all-horse archer army to the fight.

http://img173.exs.cx/img173/2167/rtw7we.jpg

If you notice the mini-map, the entire battle took place in about 2% of the map - the rest of it was blocked off. There was no way to get to the square in the center. The enemy army routed, and you'll notice went straight into the water and drowned.

This fight took place near the tiny lake between the Selecuid and Egyptian territory. Probably the fastest battle I've ever had.

Bh

Uesugi Kenshin
03-28-2005, 04:49
I had a battle with strange water ways as well, it was on Scicily near Syracuse. It was not like that though, there was a rectangular block of water going straight into the coast and another very blocky bit of water.

Sas_Legion
03-28-2005, 07:04
can u post a screenshot for the exact place for this battele on the compagin map ~:)

Craterus
03-28-2005, 13:20
haha i love battles near water, i once drowned a whole unit of enemy peltasts in water..

Mikeus Caesar
03-28-2005, 13:40
Nice....what's that thing in the middle of the square? It looks like a village.

Craterus
03-28-2005, 13:45
i think its a building or some sort of ruins? ~:confused: ~:confused: ~:confused:

Oaty
03-28-2005, 15:14
If only that square could have a city. You forgot to make sure you had a general with moses in his retinue did'nt you?

Atreides
03-28-2005, 15:20
With version 1.1 with a bridge battle fought against the Gauls. I charged. The Gauls also charged and ren straight into the water :hanged:

Real stupid.

Mikeus Caesar
03-28-2005, 15:34
I had a battle where the AI charged into the water as well, once, on vanilla RTW. It was hilarious!! I was advancing on the enemy, and they charged their men at their bridge. Half the army ran straight into the river, and drowned, while the other half got to the bridge. When they reached it, so many of them went on at once, they pushed most of the survivors into the river. By now there were only about 80 enemy left, and they routed at the sight of my army charging across the bridge.