PDA

View Full Version : Hot Seat Mod - Beta Release

Myrddraal
03-29-2005, 19:00
This is the hot seat mod script. Its only a beta version so no readme etc. Its just a script I put together. It will later be adapted to realise Swoosh So's Net Based Multiplayer Campaign.

At the moment, it works like this:

Press end turn - The game runs until player 2s faction where it halts
Press escape - control is handed to player 2.

It works fine as a hot-seat mod, although it will still need adapting for a net based campaign because you can only save during the turn itself as the escape key is reserved in the period where you have pressed end turn.

Some notes: It doesn't work if the two factions are next to each other in the turn sequence. So you need to change this in descr_strat.txt.

Some thoughts:
There are some problems with this system if you want some AI controlled factions. During half of the AI's turns' one faction is officially in control, so if an AI makes a diplomatic proposal or attacks player 2 this is resolved automatically. Of course if all factions are human controlled this problem does not arise. Unfortuantely you can't yet have all factions under human control because of the problem of having two factions next to each other in the turn sequence. But don't worry about that, I think I have a solution...

Here is the script:

;Hotseat script by Myrddraal Beta Version
script
;Set up counters
declare_counter loop ;Used to keep script running
set_counter loop 1
declare_counter faction ;Used to determine who's turn it is
set_counter faction 1
declare_counter waitcounter ;Used to stop the script swapping control between the two factions back and forth
set_counter waitcounter 1
declare_counter esckeystolen ;Used to check what the escape key is supposed to do
set_counter esckeystolen 0
suspend_during_battle on ;Make sure the script doesn't stop working after a battle
;---------------------------------------------------------------------
monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed end_turn ;The user presses the end turn button....
if I_CompareCounter faction = 1
console_command halt_ai germans ;Stops the AI at the start of the German turn if faction = 1
end_if
if I_CompareCounter faction = 2
console_command halt_ai romans_julii ;Stops the AI at the start of the Julii turn if faction = 2
end_if
steal_esc_key on ;Stops the escape key from bringing up the menu so that it can be used to switch control
set_counter esckeystolen 1
end_monitor
monitor_event EscPressed TrueCondition ;Player then presses esc to control the next faction.
and I_CompareCounter esckeystolen = 1
set_counter waitcounter 0
and I_CompareCounter waitcounter = 0
console_command control romans_julii ;If currrently controlling the germans, switch to the Julii.
set_counter faction 1
end_if
console_command control germans ;If currently controlling the Julii, switch to the germans.
set_counter faction 2
end_if
steal_esc_key off ;Set the esc key back to menu.
end_monitor
while I_CompareCounter loop = 1 ;Make sure the script doesn't end
end_while
terminate_script

Of course, battles between two players have to be automatically resolved. Remember, this is only a Beta.

Use this script as a show_me script. If your not clear on how to do this, I'll post more info later, but I don't have time right now...

stichmaster1
03-29-2005, 19:24
amazing!!! ~D but could you include a simple readme for those of us who dont get how to do this type of stuff? ie how to get it to run, a semi-detailed way to change the order of the turns, and a list of things to go through to get the game handed over right, like so:

1. do all of the stuff you wish to do in your turn

2. hit "end turn"

and then tell us how to save it, and how to send it and so on

this is great work and i will try and figure out how to do it!!

thanks
stichmaster1

Sundjata Keita
03-29-2005, 20:11
Exellent work Myrddraal as always, you keep making this game better and better ~:thumb:

Myrddraal
03-29-2005, 23:11
Well like I said, this is only a 'hot - seat' version of the script, so its for several players on one computer. It will still have to be adapted for use over the net. Thats why its a hot-seat mod.

Well this is how it runs:

Player one does everything they want to in their turn, then hits end turn.
The computer stops the AI sequence just before the beginning of player two's turn.
At this point, swap players, and hit escape when your ready. Control is then passed to player two, who does the same.

You can see why this will need adapting for play over the net as you can't save in between turns as the escape key is reserved for handing over control.

But I will adapt it, either by making the save menu appear automatically, or by getting rid of pressing escape etc.

NOTE: don't press escape whilst the AI is still taking its turn, make sure it has stopped.

I just noticed that I got rid of the instructions for the several turns a year script when I uploaded the new script generator. I will upload them again and adapt them for this, its really not that different.

Zharakov
03-30-2005, 02:28
2 questions

1. Where can we download it.

2. Can players play each other.

Epistolary Richard
03-30-2005, 10:41
Not to overplay it in any sense, but this is going to allow me to make the mod that I originally got into modding to make.

Bravo, and need I say, Encore!

:2thumbsup:

Myrddraal
03-30-2005, 14:11
Its only a beta (well alpha really) release. There is no download or easy readme, yet...

I'll try to make one though, and yes players can play against each other on the same computer.

Cealin
03-30-2005, 16:27
Sounds great already :)

So is this correctly; I can play a turn, let AI, and when second player is I save the game and send it to him/her. Then he/she can do the same etc. etc.

But we can also fight battles against eachother on LAN/MP right? We can just disband the units that where lost right?

Nigel
03-30-2005, 17:16
This sounds great. Excellent progress towards the "ideal MP campaign" we have all been waiting for so long. If I read this right you can - even as it is now - play over the net by saving the game before you end your turn, email the savegame and let the next player end your turn and continue his (we do, of course, all trust each other not to cheat ~;) ).

But could you explain - in simple words for someone who gave up programming long ago when he moved from his C64 to a PC - how to make this work ? I mean I copy the text of the script you have provided above, then where to I copy it to and what do I do to determine factions etc ?

Looks really good - cant wait to try this out.
~:handball:

Zharakov
03-30-2005, 20:52
No I ment when player A attacks player B do they fight on a battle field or is it resolved for them?

stichmaster1
03-30-2005, 21:02
@Nigel

script
;Set up counters
set_counter loop 1
set_counter faction 1
declare_counter waitcounter ;Used to stop the script swapping control between the two factions back and forth
declare_counter esckeystolen ;Used to check what the escape key is supposed to do
suspend_during_battle on ;Make sure the script doesn't stop working after a battle
monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed end_turn ;The user presses the end turn button....
console_command halt_ai germans ;Stops the AI at the start of the German turn if faction = 1
end_if
console_command halt_ai romans_julii ;Stops the AI at the start of the Julii turn if faction = 2
end_if
steal_esc_key on ;Stops the escape key from bringing up the menu so that it can be used to switch control
set_counter esckeystolen 1
end_monitor
monitor_event EscPressed TrueCondition ;Player then presses esc to control the next faction.
console_command control romans_julii ;If currrently controlling the germans, switch to the Julii.
set_counter faction 1
end_if
console_command control germans ;If currently controlling the Julii, switch to the germans.
set_counter faction 2
end_if
end_monitor
end_while
terminate_script

you chose your factions at the third line after the first break, and the sixth line after the break, i think

also, how do you implement this into the game? i mean how do you get it so that when you start a campaign this script will run?

thanks
stichmaster1

Epistolary Richard
03-30-2005, 21:24
Myrddraal gives some instructions about how to use scripts such as this one in his More than two turns in a year - release (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=44648).

Myrddraal
03-30-2005, 22:09
Well actually, ER I lost those instructions when I uploaded the new script gen. I'm looking for someone who downloaded it before then to send them to me. If someone has them, please post them here...

Myrddraal
03-30-2005, 22:14
Unfortunately at this early stage, battles between the two players must be Auto Resolved but remember:

This is only a Beta/Alpha Release
Its work in progress. Eventually, all will be possible...

knoddy
03-31-2005, 00:01
hey Myrddraal is this beta version availiable for download and if so where can i get it from i would love to get my hands on it. hot seat mod is like my dream come true for RTW and MTW. =)

Myrddraal
04-01-2005, 12:01
There is no download yet. Its a "do it yourself mod". These are the instructions from the several turns a year script:

The following is a method for increasing the number of
turns in one year.

CONTENTS
- HOW TO INSTALL
- HOW TO USE
- NOTES

--------------------------HOW TO INSTALL--------------------------

First, download the script generator and use it to generate a script called descr_script in the show me folder. This is where you set the start and end dates and the number of turns you want per year [b]NOTE: There will only be one turn for winter or else aging is affected, so if you mod is in cold climates, I would recommend you have about 4 turns a year max (one 'season' for winter).

Open the file export_descr_advice.txt in the Data
folder.
Search for

AdviceThread
Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Thread

Select the entire section (from ;--------- to Text)
and replace it with:

;------------------------------------------
AdviceThread
GameArea Campaign

Item
Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01
Uninhibitable
Verbosity 0
Threshold 1
Attitude Normal
Presentation Default
Title four_turns_Title
Script scripts\show_me\descr_script.txt
Text four_turns_Text1

Open export_descr_advice_enums.txt in the Data folder.
Add to the bottom of this file the following text:

four_turns_Title
four_turns_Text1

Open export_advice.txt in Data\text
Add to the bottom of this file the following text:

;-------------------

{four_turns_Title} Four turns a year

{four_turns_Text1}

To finish loading the four turns a year script, click
on the 'Show me how' button. Remember, you must do
this every time you load a saved game.

Now go to Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
(or whichever campaign you want to apply the script
to)
Create a new text file called descr_script.txt
containing the following text:

script
advance_advice_thread
select_ui_element advisor_show_me_button
simulate_mouse_click lclick_down
simulate_mouse_click lclick_up
end_script

Now open descr_strat.txt in the same folder and add
the following lines to the bottom of the file

script
descr_script.txt

Installation complete.

--------------------------HOW TO USE--------------------------

When starting a new campaign, the script should
automatically run after about one second. You must
relaunch the script each time you load the game. To
run the script, when starting a new campaign, or when
loading a saved game, press F1.
A panel will appear with a list of shortcuts. In the
top right hand corner, click on the question mark.
The advisor will appear and ask you to click on the
'show me how' button. Once this is done, play as
usual.
Remember that this must be done not only at the start
of the campaign, but also each time you load the saved
game.

--------------------------Notes--------------------------

Many thanks go to those at the www.totalwar.org (http://www.totalwar.org/) forums
who helped me develop the ideas used in this script.
If you wish to officially use this script in a mod,
you are very welcome to, but please inform me as I
like to know how my work is put to use.

Myrddraal

Instead of using the script generator, use the script in my first post. Good luck.

Nigel
04-05-2005, 18:19
Thanks Myrddraal,

if I understand that right, I only need to do point 5. and 7. (there is no 6.) and use the hot-seat script instad of the one listed under 5.

I'll give it a try and see how this works.

Zalmoxis
04-05-2005, 23:33
Yeah.. this just isn't working for me. Jst post a thread when the final version is done.

Myrddraal
04-06-2005, 10:45
Ok sorry about that.

Instead of part 1, you should take the script and save it as a text file under data\scripts\show_me called descr_strat.txt

The rest is all necessary, though you can replace four_turns by hot_seat if you like, and you can change the short description of it. Otherwise each part is ready.

I agree Zalmoxis, the full realease will be clearer than this, this is just a taster for those who know a bit about scripting really.

Epistolary Richard
04-06-2005, 13:58
I'm curious about the faction numbering eg, if I_CompareCounter faction = 1

Is this just an internal id number used within the code (so any faction could be 1 or 2) or does it relate to the faction turn sequence in the game?

Edit: Also, I'd like to change the process by which the script is activated (activate it from a different AdviceThread, use a different trigger etc.) but I'm concerned about the effect that turning advice off might have. Is there some way I can ensure that the advisor will always appear even if the player has deactivated advice?

Cealin
04-06-2005, 21:32
I did everything from step 2 to 7. And the 'instea of part 1' you just posted. But now my game crashes to desktop after the loading screen (so it crashes before the intro).

Any idea what might be wong?

knoddy
04-07-2005, 00:18
yeah im having the same problem as Cealin, i copied to whole script into a txt file named descr_script.txt, saved it in the show me folder then followed all steps posted above only changin the name from four_turns to multi_player and it CTD on start up before the intro. i am sure i changed the name and text thingy every where it appeared so help please.

Myrddraal
04-07-2005, 11:16
OK, theres no point me going through all this. I will upload the files as they should be from a fresh install. That should sort the probs out...

Cealin
04-07-2005, 12:01
Great :D, thanks for your work.

knoddy
04-08-2005, 00:23
hey i got it too work BUT when u end turn and press escape to do whateva it just brings up the menu thingy i dont understand. do u have to choose the other players faction or should is it just a matter of pressing the escape button when u reach the faction of ur choice could someone explain please i have the script running and wokring just dont know who to get multi player working

Cealin
04-10-2005, 14:05
Ehm, so where can I download these files?

Sorry, but I'm so eager to try it :)

Epistolary Richard
04-10-2005, 15:10
There is no download, as part of following Myrddraal's instructions in his long post above (using the code in the first post instead of that asked for in step 1) you will construct the files that you need.

However, as he says, this is a beta version - a taster for people who are already familiar with scripting. If you can't get it to work straight off the bat then you are in good company (myself included!) so you may have to wait until development can proceed a little further.

Cealin
04-10-2005, 18:57
Epistolary Richard, I'm refering to this;

OK, theres no point me going through all this. I will upload the files as they should be from a fresh install. That should sort the probs out...

I did all the instructions as I said in a post before, but my game crashes before the intro.

Epistolary Richard
04-10-2005, 20:59
Ah, I see what you mean. :embarassed: We await with bated breath. ~D

Drake22
04-14-2005, 19:02
any progress on this recently? or is this thread destined to fade away

Myrddraal
04-14-2005, 21:18
Certainly not, it just slipped from my mind sorry about that guys...
I'll upload ASAP (if I don't forget...)

Wishazu
04-14-2005, 23:12
please dont forget :)

kaya
04-15-2005, 00:03
Myrddraal your a genius!!!!!!!! I have nothing to add else :bow: :bow: :bow:

Drake22
04-15-2005, 19:28
what version does it work with? 1.0? 1.1? 1.2? and when you upload it... where can it be downloaded? btw i think this is a great idea, Hotseat is where i can see people having the time to wait for friends and play fun games. ~:cool:

knoddy
04-16-2005, 00:31
could someone please help me??? i have created the script and done everything right as written in the post abvout setting up the script and it runs the game fine no CTD no error messages BUT!!! when i run the script using the show me how button nothing happens!!! nothing at all it says the multiplayer campaign is now running or whateva but nothing happens u just keep playing single player as normal. One thing i noticed is the Myrddraal posted about the game going through till it gets to player 2's faction. HOW DO U SELECT PLAYER 2'S FACTION??? is there some special way to do this or wot??? please help me im sooo close to getting this working and yet soo far away please help anyone???

Swoosh So
04-16-2005, 02:39
press esc to select faction 2.

Myrddraal
04-16-2005, 10:50
Swoosh, do you think you could upload the three files your using: export_advice.txt in data\text and export_descr_advice.txt and export_descr_advice_enums.txt in data

This would save me time as I can't find my files.

Epistolary Richard
04-16-2005, 11:50
press esc to select faction 2.

The game is supposed to halt at the beginning of faction 2's turn, right? My problem is that the game glides straight through all the AI factions. But hopefully that'll be sorted when we get the files.

Also, just to double-check: to try this out we start as the Julii, then run the script, press end-turn and then it'll stop at the beginning of the German's turn?

Myrddraal
04-16-2005, 19:10
yes thats right.

player1
04-16-2005, 21:59
All I can say is: WOW!!!

Drake22
04-17-2005, 21:42
have you figured out a way to let the other player see any diplomatic messages or battles that come his way? (and hows that upload coming........ anyone? ~:handball: )

knoddy
04-19-2005, 22:53
ok so i now realised i was getting an error message when running with show_err
it appearrrs to run the script fine but the ai doesnt stop at the end of the turn and when exiting the pogram i get an error in
RTW/data/worlds/maps/capaign/imperial_capaign/descr_script.txt

it say something about not recognising the token

please help i really wanna get it working??

Myrddraal
04-20-2005, 08:39
I realise now there was a typo in the instructions... I think I edited the ones in the several turns a year thread.. Use those sorry :sad:

knoddy
04-21-2005, 05:00
still not working redid the whole thing from the instructions in the 2 turns a year post and still get the same error about not being able to recognise that token

Wishazu
04-21-2005, 11:16
i think im just gonna wait untill the whole thing is ready :)

Myrddraal
04-21-2005, 12:57
Knoddy, send the files to the.mad.toad@gmail.com

PM me when you send it. Send export_descr_advice.txt
export_descr_advice_enums.txt
and export_advice.txt

Thx

Lord_Eitho
04-27-2005, 23:46
Hey Myrddraal this is great!!!
I dont spend much time over here at .org but i do hang around twcenter a bit. I can safely say this is the most interesting mod at both sites bar none!!!
Do you think it will be long before you have an initial release?
I think at the moment this hot-seat mode sounds more promising then the other MP method you guys are exploring in the other thread...
But good luck and all the best for your projects :)

Drake22
04-28-2005, 00:09
any chance of a downloadable version any time soon? or will the multiplayer campagian take priorty?

knoddy
04-28-2005, 00:18
Myrddraal i sent you the files u requested can u please let me know if u got them or not and if u do have them have u had a chance to look at them yet. sorry if im being impaitient but hell this is the best thing ever so i really wanna know how too make it possible. cheers

Cealin
04-30-2005, 13:46
So are the good files uploaded? Where can I download them? :charge:

player1
04-30-2005, 15:22
Are instruction needed to set up this 100% accurate?

Cealin
05-01-2005, 00:26
So is there anyone who has this script running good, please send the files that you had to changed to: viper_tbc@hotmail.com

If you do, I would be very happy.

player1
05-01-2005, 19:43
Ok, some info about the script.
There is an error in script code.

This line:
monitor_event ButtonPressed ButtonPressed end_turn

Should be replaced with this line:
monitor_event ButtonPressed end_turn

This should make script work, but it is still very buggy.

player1
05-01-2005, 19:45
Here is a reformatted script:
(still buggy of course)

*script deleted to prevent confusion*

Cealin
05-01-2005, 22:18
It works now!!

Player1 really thanks for your fix!!

Cealin
05-01-2005, 23:55
Damn, it still gives an error..

- I play Julii

- I play Germania

- I play Julii

And then it doesn't stop and germania gets the AI turn, then it stops before Julii's turn and you can't do anything. Pressing esc also doesn't do anything.

It does work if I save the game when I play with the second Julii turn, quit the game (to desktop), load the game and play 2 turns again. Looking at the AI load siege bug that is very bad, and also the time you have to put in it with quiting the game etc.

Is there any smart man who can fix this ?:)

player1
05-02-2005, 00:18
Well, I got same results too.

It seems that somwere in transition between germans --> Julii somethings gets bugged, since after Julii turn it never gets to germans again (skipps gremans and gets frerezed at next Julii turn).

P.S.
Have you tried instead of exiting the game to just reactivate the script (F1, show me), after you get to Julii turn again?

Haven't tried myself (yet), but it could be a workaround.

Cealin
05-02-2005, 01:02
I have tried that yeah, but it doesn't work. You get the same bug..

Cealin
05-02-2005, 13:25
This is the script I use now (in Data\scripts\show_me as descr_strat.txt):

script
;Set up counters
set_counter loop 1
set_counter faction 1
declare_counter waitcounter ;Used to stop the script swapping control between
set_counter waitcounter 1 ;the two factions back and forth
monitor_event ButtonPressed end_turn ;The user presses the end turn button....
console_command halt_ai germans ;Stops the AI at the start of
end_if ;the German turn if faction = 1
console_command halt_ai romans_julii ;Stops the AI at the start
end_if ;of the Julii turn if faction = 2
steal_esc_key on ;Stops the escape key from bringing up the menu
set_counter esckeystolen 1 ;so that it can be used to switch control
end_monitor
console_command control romans_julii ;If currrently controlling the germans, set_counter faction 1 ;switch to the Julii.
end_if
console_command control germans ;If currently controlling the Julii,
set_counter faction 2 ;switch to the germans.
end_if
end_monitor
end_while
terminate_script

I have putted this in export_descr_advice.txt in Data

AdviceThread Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Thread
GameArea Campaign

Item Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01
Uninhibitable
Verbosity 0
Threshold 1
Attitude Normal
Presentation Default
Title four_turns_Title
Script scripts\show_me\descr_strat.txt
Text four_turns_Text1

I have putted this at the bottem of export_descr_advice_enums in Data

four_turns_Title
four_turns_Text1

In export_advice.txt in Data\text I put this at the bottem of the file

;-------------------

{four_turns_Title} Four turns a year

{four_turns_Text1}
To finish loading the four turns a year script, click
on the 'Show me how' button. Remember, you must do
this every time you load a saved game.

The file I created as descr_script in Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign contains this:

script
advance_advice_thread
select_ui_element advisor_show_me_button
simulate_mouse_click lclick_down
simulate_mouse_click lclick_up
end_script

The descr_strat.txt file in the same folder contains this at the bottem of the file:

script
descr_script.txt

What can it be that I can only play 1 turn of both factions and then it hangs before the Julii and I have to quit rome to get it working again?

player1
05-02-2005, 14:29
It's obvious that there is some error in base script.
What it is I have no idea since I haven't made the script.

player1
05-02-2005, 19:39
I exeprimented a little with the scipt.

I have no idea what I changed, maybe some formatting was wrong before, but it should work now more then 2 tunrs.

*script deleted to prevent confusion*

Still, there is a bug, that when you open city menu, next Esc will move you to other player's turn. Don't know what casues this.

Cealin
05-02-2005, 19:50
GREAT!

Really! When me and my friend putted that new script in all went great!

Really really thanks again :D

Drake22
05-02-2005, 20:08
:help: can one of you post the files you used to make it work? im stuck... :dizzy2:

player1
05-02-2005, 20:15
Well I must confess that I really don't have no other files exempt script inself (that I posted here).

With just that file, you could by starting it with descr_strat.txt, get hotseat mode, but with no load/save option.

But, it is good enough to test it's bugginess.

Maybe Cealin has whole list of files needed to enable save/load, as well as to make script restart after reloads (pressing F1 and then ?, and show me button)

player1
05-02-2005, 21:37
Now, I don't know what to say.

I returned "doubled ButtonPressed" and now scripts works excellent, without any appearent bugs.
Now, what is really different between my new script and original I have no idea. Copy/Paste of original didn't worked, while this one works. Maybe it has something to do with formatting?

Here is the script:
(I'll delete old listings to prevent confusion)

script
;Set up counters
set_counter loop 1
set_counter faction 1
declare_counter waitcounter ;Used to stop the script swapping control between
set_counter waitcounter 1 ;the two factions back and forth
console_command halt_ai germans ;Stops the AI at the start of
end_if ;the German turn if faction = 1
console_command halt_ai romans_julii ;Stops the AI at the start
end_if ;of the Julii turn if faction = 2
steal_esc_key on ;Stops the escape key from bringing up the menu
set_counter esckeystolen 1 ;so that it can be used to switch control
end_monitor
console_command control romans_julii ;If currrently controlling the germans,
set_counter faction 1 ;switch to the Julii.
end_if
console_command control germans ;If currently controlling the Julii,
set_counter faction 2 ;switch to the germans.
end_if
end_monitor
end_while
terminate_script

Drake22
05-03-2005, 01:16
whenever i try to start up rome total war after copying and pasting the nessicary txt it come up with a error that points to this part

AdviceThread Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Thread
GameArea Campaign

Item Help_Campaign_Keyboard_Shortcuts_Scroll_Text_01
Uninhibitable
Verbosity 0
Threshold 1
Attitude Normal
Presentation Default
Title four_turns_Title
Script scripts\show_me\descr_strat.txt
Text four_turns_Text1

Cealin
05-03-2005, 01:30
I will upload ALL the files that I have changed to succesfully run the script with Rome Total War 1.2 (vanilla) and with Rome Total Realism (with the newest patch).

You should be able to change the factions you want to play in the script file.

For example; I play with Julii and Greece. I choose Julii when I start a new campaign and then run the script with F1 etc.

Here you can download all the changed files needed for Rome Total War 1.2 (vanilla); Download here (http://www.netgames.shlink.de/liga/upload/index.php?act=dl&file=V29ya2luZ3NjcmlwdGZpbGVzIHJvbWUgMS4yIHZhbmlsbGEucmFy)

Here you can download all the changed files needed for Rome Total Realism (newest patch); Download here (http://www.netgames.shlink.de/liga/upload/index.php?act=dl&file=V29ya2luZ3NjcmlwdGZpbGVzIHJvbWUgdG90YWwgcmVhbGlzbS5yYXI=)

The idea is you download those RARs and copy those files over the existing files in the same directory's.

So put

export_descr_advice
export_descr_advice_enums
in data

etc. etc. The maps in the winrar archive tells you where you have to put them.

Good luck and have the same fun as me :D

Drake22
05-03-2005, 01:40
you might wanna add a .rar after that file name, i added it to mine but i wouldnt want you to confuse others

Cealin
05-03-2005, 12:35
Okay, until I change the names everyone put .rar behind it if you need to.

So Drake22, does it work for you now?

Drake22
05-03-2005, 18:39
yeah thanks :bow: i wonder if i can mod it to be 4 players.... least i got your files if i mess up

Myrddraal
05-04-2005, 08:38
Thanks people, I'm sorry I didn't do this myself :sad:

player1
05-04-2005, 08:54
Myrddraal,
What exaclty prevents having two players next to each other in faction queue.

It is related to halt_ai function?

EDIT:
Also, it would be good to update first post with formatted code I posted, as well with link to rar download of working script.

Cealin
05-04-2005, 14:29
Also, it would be good to update first post with formatted code I posted, as well with link to rar download of working script.

That would be good indeed, you can use my download ink if yo want to.

Now to the next problems;

- It doesn't seem to work for me when I want two factions with none of them Julii included. For example; if I change germans into seleucid and romans_julii into carthage it doesn't work properly. For now it seems I must play with the julii. What can cause this? (I've tested with this and if I execlude the julii the script goes wrong).

- How do we add more factions, like 3 or more? I'm currently trying-out with this but I am totally noobish with scripting (this is my first script I've ever seen), and I don't think I can make this work out.

Myrddraal
05-04-2005, 14:49
player1, I have worked a way around the problem, but I'm going to release it with the multiplayer script.
player1 and Cealin, do you want to help me finish off the multiplayer campaign script?

Cealin
05-04-2005, 15:22
I would do anything I can, but as I already said, I'm very noobish with scripting.. So I'm not sure what I can do for you? (Except uploading the files and letting everyone know about it ~:))

Drake22
05-04-2005, 19:36
I would do anything I can, but as I already said, I'm very noobish with scripting.. So I'm not sure what I can do for you? (Except uploading the files and letting everyone know about it ~:))

someone has to :)

bowly69
05-05-2005, 20:00
Absolutly amazing, this is ace. I got it to work from the download straight away and thank you for that. But i want to change the 2 factions to greeks and macedons, so i went into the script and where ever I saw "roman_juli" i put "greek" and where ever i saw german i put "macedon" but this didn't work at all when i ran it in-game the turn just want round back to greeks and when i hit esc it perminatly changed to macedons. Could some1 please let me know what i did wrong? I think i mighta put in the wrong names for the 2 factons or i might need to set a new number for then or something i havn't realised. Sorry I never scripted b4 so i don't know anything i'm just trying to use common sense and reading my way through the script.

freakofnature
05-05-2005, 21:47
Hey Myrddraal, did you ever get a copy of that app I wrote to transfer the save files over the network automatically? I think I gave it to Susie but I wasn't sure if it got around to you and I haven't seen you online lately. I haven't worked on my app since I released that last one, I have been doing clan websites lately :wreck:. I really haven't heard any feedback about it, but then again it was just something I slapped together. Give me a ring.

Myrddraal
05-05-2005, 21:48
yep, it should be greek_cities

Cealin
05-06-2005, 01:26
Such an app would be great freakofnature!

bowly69: I'm not sure the script would work when you change germans into macedon and romans_julii into greece_cities.. I tried to make it run like this, but it seems you must have Julii in it?

These are all the faction names you can put into the script:

romans_senate
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
romans_julii
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
scythia
spain
thrace
numidia
slave

knoddy
05-06-2005, 04:19
IT WORKS IT WORKS....**jumps up and starts dancing bout the room*** ~;)
hehe well as u can guess i got it to work from the download that Cealin kindly posted so yay. one small note thoiugh if run with show_err i still get the same error when closing RTW. cant reckognise some token(the eaxct error is somewhere on this post). but it still works fine??? wierd huh?

bowly69
05-06-2005, 18:18
Thx alot Cealin, Myrddraal i'll see if i can change it.

Myrddraal
05-06-2005, 19:09
Such an app would be great freakofnature!

Were working on a multiplayer campaign, I though you guys had realised that by now...

Drake22
05-09-2005, 18:37
does anyone think they can modify this to be 3 players? or 4? i tried but it always results in it going back to 1 player

knoddy
05-10-2005, 01:15
yes i beleive it can be done but i am at uni at the moment so i will have to wait till i can get home to check my ideas i will keep u posted

Drake22
06-04-2005, 22:00
hows the hotseat going? or the multiplayer campagian? did they both die off? or had the major devolpment moved to a different site?

Ianofsmeg16
06-20-2005, 17:13
can you help? i dl this and it ctds on the faction loading screen (as i press start campaign) thnx in advance

Dead_Like_Me
11-30-2005, 17:52
guys what happend is this thread is dead ???
by the way tnx Cealin for giving download. but since time has passed can anyone give me the files with instructions for 1.3 to make it work ??

i have some questions :

1. does it work with 1.3\ BI

2. is there a new version ??? sinces i got the link to this post i didnt search for full release yet. is there one ... LoL last post 6\20\2005 this is a bit far.... there must be something new.

3. any news on more players or more fixes ?

tnx

Lawnmower233
12-01-2005, 18:02
I'm trying to get this working so I can play against my brother but it won't work. I just wish I could download that fellow's .RAR so I could save myself the trouble as I know nothing of text file editing. Anyone got a copy of that .RAR? The one for RTR 6.2? If you do your help would be greatly appreciated.

=E.T=
12-01-2005, 21:32
@ Myrddraal: you are a RTW greatest Hero!!! thnx a lot ;)

If you need a beta tester ,just tell me!

Lawnmower233
12-02-2005, 02:41
This thread is months old. I think this script is abandoned.

Dead_Like_Me
12-02-2005, 14:38
come on i hope they didnt left the hot seat.

i really want to play with the hot seat.... i hope some one can give a new script that is working with 1.3 and BI or at least 1.3

any one ???? pls read my last post page 3

Lawnmower233
12-02-2005, 15:23
Well I agree a hotseat script for RTW/RTR would have been far cooler than a multiplayer mod that only allows a game to be completed within several months. A hotseat mod could be completed with two players in a few days.

I just wish someone could explain how to get it working with RTW v1.2 or even hopefully RTR v6.3. I doubt it will come to pass :P This thread hasn't been visited in months before even I viewed it. It's a pity as it was a great idea albeit a bit flawed.

=E.T=
12-02-2005, 15:53
Help! I can't download the files!

Plz...may be someone ,...can send me this files?

davberti@yahoo.com.ar

thx a lot!!!

Dead_Like_Me
12-02-2005, 18:51
this files are too old so no wonder you cant download them

if you want wait to a new script for 1.3 or something i hope that some one will watch this post and help us.

i want to know if there is a possibility for 2+ players in the hot seat now

and i want to know how to change the order of turns and if there is a fix that fixs that when AI attacks player one or two they will play the battle both not only player one.

Lawnmower233
12-02-2005, 22:36
Dude are you saying that you have the script workign for 1.2 and yo just need it for 1.3? If you have it working for 1.2 could you please send me the files.

=E.T=
12-05-2005, 22:28
this files are too old so no wonder you cant download them

if you want wait to a new script for 1.3 or something i hope that some one will watch this post and help us.

i want to know if there is a possibility for 2+ players in the hot seat now

and i want to know how to change the order of turns and if there is a fix that fixs that when AI attacks player one or two they will play the battle both not only player one.

I am waiting 4: 1.2 hotseat or 1.3/1.4(BI) any (or all ~D ~;p ~D )

~:mecry: ~:handball:

davbert@yahoo.com.ar

Thnx !

Dead_Like_Me
12-06-2005, 17:50
guys ... sorry to tell you but unfortunetly i deleted them i got them from a friend that pointed me back to this forum for the files. sorry i worked by his instructions and it worked very good. i dont know what he changed in the script but i could play with my friend with for ex : the greek cities and mecedonia
but still only two players. since i have know BI and 1.3 and it didnt worked with those i tried to modify them but it didnt work ... so i deleted them :(
i was hoping here there is a new script i didnt thought this thread will be dead.

really sorry you guys didnt had the chance to play the hot seat but i hope you will play. :P

=E.T=
12-13-2005, 01:09
:san_shocked:

:jawdrop:

:gah2:

~:mecry: ~:mecry: ~:mecry:

Nobody have this files? :san_shocked: Please!!!

Lanfire
12-31-2005, 12:33
OMG i NEED To play this with my little brother .. can PLZ someone finish this hot seat it was almost finished it would be a shame if this is never gonna be released. !!

Myrddraal
01-03-2006, 15:43
Right people, for a news years present I made a hot seat for ET and apparently it works, so I'll make a setup program and hopefully release the final version later today.

A few points: It WILL be buggy. The reason all the MP testing has been happening with one player for each faction is that it is slightly buggy to play with AI players.

Its not really bugs, the game still works fine, just some issues:

1. When the AI attacks you, sometimes you will get a battle screen, sometimes not, depending on which faction you are officially playing as at that moment. Seeing as battles should be autoresolved anyway, that shouldn't be a problem so long as you set the difficulty on medium.

2. Sometimes the AI will make diplomatic choices for you. If the AI approach you with a diplomatic proposal, sometimes (depending on which faction you are playing as) the AI will answer on your behalf. All I can say about this is: keep checking your diplomacy scroll.

If you can bear these issues, and I will try to resolve them, you should enjoy the game :)

Lanfire
01-03-2006, 17:25
Realy realy sexie!!!! any change that in the future you can play battles against the AI ,withthout auto resolt?

Myrddraal
01-04-2006, 02:27
Hopefully eventually....

=E.T=
01-05-2006, 00:41
I test a bit the script , late I make a zip 4 download , just wait a couple of days

may be friday,...

PS: Myrddraal for Emperor! God bless you,King of Scripts!

=E.T=
01-19-2006, 13:04
See the news:

http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showtopic=15075&hl=

:\

Lanfire
01-19-2006, 13:29
If this is really true than i am a happy man..

i have to edit myself because this is the biggist break through ever.. you can even play the battles instead of auto resolve.. ! the only problem is that you have to switch the faction 20 times to get to the other faction . and again 20 switches to return to yours but that can be fixt. can't it? plz myrdraal we need your help!!