PDA

View Full Version : Never got Marian Reforms

Buttercup
03-29-2005, 21:29
Hi folks,

I just finished my first long campaign as the Scipii, and never got the Marian reforms. The game ended in about 200 BC or so. I had already conquered the necessary 50 provinces before declaring war on Rome, and then took Rome in one turn and so the game ended.

Do I have to wait until I conquer Rome before getting the upgrades?

Also, Capua was my only Italian city, and it had been devastated by plagues. Although it was a huge city (something I read said you need this for the reforms) its population was only about 18000 by the time the game ended. Could this have been part of the problem?

Thanks for the help,

Buttercup

Kekvit Irae
03-29-2005, 21:49
Hi folks,

I just finished my first long campaign as the Scipii, and never got the Marian reforms. The game ended in about 200 BC or so. I had already conquered the necessary 50 provinces before declaring war on Rome, and then took Rome in one turn and so the game ended.

Do I have to wait until I conquer Rome before getting the upgrades?

Also, Capua was my only Italian city, and it had been devastated by plagues. Although it was a huge city (something I read said you need this for the reforms) its population was only about 18000 by the time the game ended. Could this have been part of the problem?

Thanks for the help,

Buttercup

You need an Imperial Palace in a city in Italy (24000 population), and the game must be at least 210BC for the event to trigger.

Buttercup
03-29-2005, 22:46
I did have an imperial palace, but I guess it just didn't trigger (game was right around 200 BC, maybe ~205 BC) - which sucks, 'cause I was really looking forward to having them. Is it normal to win before getting the reforms?

Thanks,

Buttercup

Kekvit Irae
03-30-2005, 00:54
I did have an imperial palace, but I guess it just didn't trigger (game was right around 200 BC, maybe ~205 BC) - which sucks, 'cause I was really looking forward to having them. Is it normal to win before getting the reforms?

Thanks,

Buttercup

Yes, quite normal. I've won many times before the reforms, and in fact I've never been able to get the reforms before.

AntiochusIII
03-30-2005, 08:35
Hmm...I have a question:
Is the Marian Reforms *always* 220 B.C. (to be eligible, not necessarily achieved) or is it counting turns from the starting years?

For example, what if I set Rome to have Imperial Palace, and its 210 B.C. being the starting date?

Craterus
03-30-2005, 11:42
~:confused: i don't know, maybe someone has tested? ~:confused:

I also finished my game as Scipii before the reforms..

Benny Moore
04-01-2005, 08:58
After 220 B.C., there is a random chance every turn that it will happen. So it's theoretically possible that it could never happen at all, just like it's theoretically possible for a coin to land on the same side when flipped three hundred times.

Dutch_guy
04-01-2005, 21:55
After 220 B.C., there is a random chance every turn that it will happen. So it's theoretically possible that it could never happen at all, just like it's theoretically possible for a coin to land on the same side when flipped three hundred times.

yes you are right ( about the coin and the reforms ) in my game it happend at around 210 but It's very random, however the chance is supposed to get bigger and bigger the more turns after 220 with imp.palace.