PDA

View Full Version : Rome Total War expansion?

Fist of Brutii
04-01-2005, 18:47
Hi, im new at the forums so maybe im just not "up to date" but here goes:
Is there any rumers about an Rome expansion? Like Viking Invasion or something like that?

Dutch_guy
04-01-2005, 19:05
wel yes there are rumors, it's almost certain that it's coming, somwere later this year

derF
04-01-2005, 19:59
Looking forward to it.

Count Belisarius
04-01-2005, 20:15
Rumors only right now, but since CA is two-for-two on expansion packs so far . . . the odds are pretty good that R:TW will have an expansion. I am looking forward to it, no matter what the bashers here on the Org might have to say. Best guess: late this year or early next year.

Fist of Brutii
04-01-2005, 20:18
Yearh, and i really hope that they will expand the campain map a bitt, and ad a few new factions!

FURRY_BOOTS
04-01-2005, 20:29
Rumors only right now, but since CA is two-for-two on expansion packs so far . . . the odds are pretty good that R:TW will have an expansion. I am looking forward to it, no matter what the bashers here on the Org might have to say. Best guess: late this year or early next year.
if you dont like "bashers", then try total war.com, plenty of "butt munchers" there.

BeeSting
04-01-2005, 20:47
if you dont like "bashers", then try total war.com, plenty of "butt munchers" there.

LOL.... At least we don't ban the non-bashers here.

Titus Livius
04-01-2005, 22:29
Any idea as to what the setting for the expansion will be?

If I had my choice, I think I'd like to play Rome: Total War- Peloponnesian War. They could focus in on Greece in the same way they did with England in Viking Invasion.

Count Belisarius
04-01-2005, 23:14
I'll take your word for it, mate. I feel quite certain that you are a much greater authority on "butt munchers" than I am.

Colovion
04-01-2005, 23:21
what a horrible conversation

Count Belisarius
04-01-2005, 23:29
what a horrible conversation
I agree, and I apologize to everyone who reads this thread for, in a moment of weakness, stooping to the level of flaming.

phred
04-02-2005, 00:39
back on topic

here's a quote from CA

"Will there be an expansion?

Why wouldnt there be one?
Dont expect me to tell you what it is though. "

from this thread
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=44983&page=2&pp=30

Wishazu
04-02-2005, 02:11
i also want a greek focused exp pack - THE PERSIAN INVASION, fighting of the mighty persian empire would be awesome :)

Ciciocle
04-02-2005, 14:57
yeah, but that wouldn't be rome total war. imho, the expansion will cover the imperial era of the roman history. maybe starting with caesar, or octavian...who knows...

Sol Invictus
04-02-2005, 17:38
May issue of CGW, page 40, says Rome: Total War -Barbarian Invasion is scheduled for mid September. Should hear something official from CA very soon.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
04-02-2005, 18:15
yeah, but that wouldn't be rome total war. imho, the expansion will cover the imperial era of the roman history. maybe starting with caesar, or octavian...who knows...
Now THAT would kick @$$!

Malachus
04-02-2005, 18:32
As long as their expansion opens up the doors to a lot of the hardcoded stuff like number of factions and unit individual move speeds, I'll be glad.

Folcumbane
04-03-2005, 12:09
There should be more factions. And taverns for civilized people ~:cheers:

Craterus
04-03-2005, 12:12
I always destroy/never build taverns, they turn your governors into drunkards.. ~:cheers: :barrel: :barrel:

Folcumbane
04-03-2005, 12:33
But it's realistic. Many great generals of the past were drunkards ~:cheers:

"There is no shame in drinking ale, there is only shame if you let the ale to rule you!"

King Clas
04-03-2005, 13:48
Yeah a ex pack with a new zoomed in campaign map would be neat. An zoomed in map of greece where the cities actully all are diffrent faction. Also this ex pack would enhance the old campaign. In other words just like viking invasion.

Vlad Tzepes
04-03-2005, 16:14
The other expansions for TW series (Mongol STW and Viking MTW) made the game better. If only for that, I do hope CA will issue an expansion to RTW. Though this one will be tough - there seem to be soooo many things to improve...

Craterus
04-03-2005, 16:17
The other expansions for TW series (Mongol STW and Viking MTW) made the game better. If only for that, I do hope CA will issue an expansion to RTW. Though this one will be tough - there seem to be soooo many things to improve...

I hope an expansion will come too. :grin: :balloon:

O yea, and 400 posts!! :balloon2: :balloon: :balloon3:

:happy2: :jumping:

aw89
04-03-2005, 17:04
PCGW says the will be one.

marcusbrutus
04-07-2005, 16:26
Quoting from .com site

Search 'total war' in following site :
---- www.gamestop.com ----

Arrowhead
04-07-2005, 17:01
Yearh, and i really hope that they will expand the campain map a bitt, and ad a few new factions!

And get rid of the bugs!

nidpants
04-07-2005, 17:50
agreed, if they don't fix some of the more major bugs and make the game more mod-friendly (as other companies have recently, with Half-Life 2 and Unreal Tournament 2005) i'm probably going to lose faith in Creative Assemblies...

there's no question it's going to focus on barbarians. i mean, just look at the previous two expansions.

the huns, and the vikings, both viewed as very "backward" and "primitive" people, but a huge impact.

tibilicus
04-07-2005, 19:29
Ever greece or barbarian invasion would be cool, i think C.A would probably lean to greece more as in viking invasion they scaled down one place but doing a whole barbarian invasion might be more of a diferent game...........

lars573
04-07-2005, 23:31
Most recent rumor I've heard is that the expansion is going to be called Barbarian invasion.

TigerVX
04-08-2005, 00:13
I doubt it will be about Greece,

1: A very limited unit selection as most factions will be using hoplites.

2: Its called ROME total war ~D

I do think Barbarian invasion would be awsome, I wouldn't mind using those Goth's to destroy the opressive Romans.

Craterus
04-08-2005, 00:16
I look forward to barbarian invasion too... ~D can't wait! If that is what they are doing? ~:confused:

PseRamesses
04-08-2005, 00:31
Quoting from .com site

Search 'total war' in following site :
---- www.gamestop.com ----

....release date 17th October 2005...arrrgh!

Marcus Maxentius
04-08-2005, 05:32
It'd be neat if it gave other factions their own marius event to unlock new units. Make use of those empty spaces you see in custom. Maybe late legionaries with oval shields and long german swords and roman cavalry made up of barbarians.

AquaLurker
04-08-2005, 06:22
Cross your fingers and hope for the best. ~:)

Benny Moore
04-08-2005, 07:21
Yes! Maybe we'll get cool new units like Eyeshadow'd Warriors and Raving Heretics. Think of it!

"Raving Heretics

Soldiers 32
Experience 0

Attack 9
Charge Bonus 2
Weapon Type Light

Total Defense 9
Armour 3
Defence skill 6
Shield 0
Hit Points 1

Recruitment Cost 560
Upkeep 250

Abilities at a glance

Good stamina
Excellent morale
Can convert enemy units

Description

These ferocious men have been condemned by their local religious leaders for false teachings. When this happens, they take to roving the battlefield. Their crazed teachings can often convince enemy soldiers to take their side. Should this fail, they are very handy with their staves.

Historically, Raving Heretics didn't come until much later in the Roman Empire."

What? You say that they didn't exist historically? Oh poo! Variety is the spice of life. Anyway, we should be grateful that we're getting anything at all, not complaining about little things like historical accuracy. After all, history's so stuffy.

player1
04-08-2005, 10:41
It'd be neat if it gave other factions their own marius event to unlock new units. Make use of those empty spaces you see in custom. Maybe late legionaries with oval shields and long german swords and roman cavalry made up of barbarians.

For example, Egyptians could be more hellenised at the begging, but after some devastating plaque they could start returning back to their old roots.

PseRamesses
04-08-2005, 11:23
A barbarian invasion/ collapse of the Roman empire would be not only chronologly correct but also appropriate. I mean we spend so much time now to build the empire it´s just fair that we should be able to tear it down.

Personally I´d like to see a TW-game that takes us back to the gradle of civilization with Babylonians, Egyptians etc set around three eras from 3000-350 bc with an expansion dealing with the era of Alexander the Great.

Dude_uk
04-08-2005, 12:53
blah blah blah rant

Its a game! (sorry but all this negativity is getting to me!)

As others have said, i'm really looking forward to the expansion given the impact the other two expansions had on their respective games.

Playing as the eastern empire and trying to reunite the empire would be a good setting IMO and would give them another chance to sort out the horse archers!

Brucca
04-08-2005, 13:35
For me the preferred option would be R:TW Fall of the Roman Empire. Or, R:TW Rise of Byzantium. Constantine the Great, rise of Christendom, barbarians at the gate, easterners and the rest of them. Humungously toptastic.

tibilicus
04-08-2005, 14:07
I would also like to see a expanshion featuring the Barbarian invashion and also those from persia and the bedouins not just the visigoths samaratins, huns e.c.t

marcusbrutus
04-08-2005, 15:10
The title Rome: Total War Expansion Pack doesn't give much away does it.

Craterus
04-08-2005, 21:07
I like the fall of rome: idea. ~D ~D ~D