PDA

View Full Version : Spartan Warriors?

Fist of Brutii
04-03-2005, 12:11
When playing ass The Greek Citys, how do you get the Spartan Warriors?

Folcumbane
04-03-2005, 12:40
You can build them in Sparta.

Dutch_guy
04-03-2005, 12:59
and syracuse ( sp ) the settlement on Sicilly

Fist of Brutii
04-03-2005, 13:20
Allright Thanks!

Wishazu
04-03-2005, 13:29
but you have to be at the top of your tech tree

Uesugi Kenshin
04-04-2005, 03:21
Not quite the top, you have to be equivalent to a legionary barracks I believe. Second highest level. Without enslavement Sparta rarely gets to the top level...

katank
04-04-2005, 03:36
To be exact, army barracks which is large city level. legion barracks is city level.

So you need either Sparta or Syracuse to reach 12000 population. It's relatively easy to do this with Syracuse but not so with Sparta.

In order to manipulate the population so this occurs faster. Each time before you assault an enemy town, move all governor's out of their cities except for Sparta. Then assault and enslave. This will funnel half of the conquered town's population to Sparta and allows it to grow to the desired level relatively painlessly.

Uesugi Kenshin
04-04-2005, 04:05
YAY I got myself confused again! That is what I meant to say, but I messed up. Thanks for the correction.

Kekvit Irae
04-04-2005, 05:59
Temples of Aphrodite and farms help with Sparta. Obviously, this means you are going to have to hold off on military buildings for awhile, but if all you want are spartan hoplites, there's not much variety in the way of military buildings you need to build.

Fist of Brutii
04-04-2005, 13:22
Thanks, Thanks guys! I get allright? ~;)

pezhetairoi
04-27-2005, 02:13
It kinda sucks that Spartans can only be built in Sparta and Syracuse. I shall mod a future greek campaign so all Greek starter cities have spartan hidden resources *nods resolutely*

katank
04-27-2005, 03:09
Modding it so that all of them have the Spartan resource is not very balanced. There are historical resaons. After all Syracuse was a Spartan colony and closely allied with Sparta. Only these two cities have the culture for production of those famed hoplites.

As for kekvitirae's suggestion, Temple to Aphrodite would indeed help. However, Sparta starts with a Temple to Nike and is your biggest production center for hoplites and armoured ones too. The valor boost is very valuable. Razing and rebuilding the temples is a major waste of resources.

Easier solution is just to drop taxes very low if you don't want to do the enslavement thing which is fairly microintensive.

MajorFreak
04-27-2005, 07:49
*shrug* there's lots of ancilliaries that boost growth rates (like lowering squalor, increasing farm output)...not to mention the fact they've fixed the squalor factor in 1.2 so you can now safely go for max farming upgrades without sweating bullets.