PDA

View Full Version : A FIX for the battle difficulty !

Jambo
04-04-2005, 12:25
An ingenious person (Lord Bula) over at twcenter has created a workaround for the battle difficulty bug. Essentially what this tool does is allows you to modify AI armies with respect to the following parameters:

unit cost
unit upkeep
pri attack
sec attack
defence
armour
shield
morale

I can wholeheartedly recommend this utility and it's gone a long way to restoring some challenge to tactical battles with the AI. Unfortunately, siege AI remains an abhorrent and bug-ridden mess, but at least the AI's units can be improved.

Here's a link:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25600

I'm currently trying out the AI with a +1 to pri/sec attack, +3 to defence and a +3 to morale.

:bow:

player1
04-04-2005, 15:03
Only problem is that autocalc on higher campaign difficulty would be even more probelematic for human player.

By the way, what were supposed to be unbugged modifiers on higher difficulty levels?

+3/+7 on attack and morale for AI factions (H/VH)???

Camp Freddie
04-04-2005, 17:07
+4/+7 for attack.

A "more complicated" bonus to morale.

Fridge
04-05-2005, 16:02
'scuse my ignorance, been away awhile... What's the fix for? Is there another bug?

Puzz3D
04-05-2005, 17:00
'scuse my ignorance, been away awhile... What's the fix for? Is there another bug?
Yes. When you play on higher battle difficulty in RTW v1.2, the attack parameter is being increased for both the AI and the human player. It's only supposed to be increased for the AI factions.

Fridge
04-05-2005, 17:03
Yes. When you play on higher battle difficulty in RTW v1.2, the attack parameter is being increased for both the AI and the human player. It's only supposed to be increased for the AI factions.

Well, there's something to be said for a game that can keep on surprising you after this many months. ~:confused:

Marcus Maxentius
04-05-2005, 17:13
See, that would work to a degree. The enemy would kill more and be harder to kill. But, you'd still have an easy time of it, because it doesn't change the root problem. The AI doesn't move or position or USE it's units as effectively as the player does. It's doomed to failure then.