PDA

View Full Version : Plagues

Fresnorugger
04-08-2005, 21:22
Is there anything you can do to help make a plague go away from an infected city? How about an infected army or navy?

I also had a question about a unit I was awarded by the Senate for a successful mission: a warship called a decere. Can you build those yourself? If so, what facilities do you have to have?

-Silius Sodus

Craterus
04-08-2005, 21:25
There's not much you can do, I usually wait it out, don't have anyone leave the city.

Beefy
04-08-2005, 22:48
you may get different types of units dependant on what buildings you have

i.e if you have a Awesome temple to saturn, you can train arcani
or if you have a awesome shrine to neptune you can get special versions of quintrime or whatever their called!

Craterus
04-08-2005, 22:52
you may get different types of units dependant on what buildings you have

i.e if you have a Awesome temple to saturn, you can train arcani
or if you have a awesome shrine to neptune you can get special versions of quintrime or whatever their called!

Is that anything to do with plagues?

cunobelinus
04-08-2005, 22:57
dont leave teh city but they piss me off espically wen they kill off good genreals

AntiochusIII
04-08-2005, 23:26
"Quarantine" the city.

Nobody in - nobody out.

And build health buildings; they seems to help.

There is also a trick to cause havoc by get a spy of yours infected, prevent him from entering your ships or cities, but let him visit the enemy cities instead.

And the plague will ruin your foes.

As for the buildings: the Scipii can build the temples of Neptune line. An Awesome temple of Neptune provides superior "Corvus Quinquireme" and a Pantheon of it gives the best naval unit in game: "Decere."

Kekvit Irae
04-09-2005, 00:20
Quaratine usually isnt the best solution, especially if you have tough-as-nails agents that just wont die from the plague.
Usually it is the infected agent or family member who is keeping the plague from dispersing in your city. Move all of them out, seperating the healthy agents and family from the infected, to an open tract of land nearby, and let them either die or heal up.
More often than not, the city plague dies out a turn after I do this, and all I need to do then is wait for the plague to die out on my characters before moving the infected people back in.

MajorFreak
04-18-2005, 09:59
i agree with Kekvit, don't quarantine immediately - remove each agent/general to it's individual spot around the city - then quarantine. With patch 1.2 they tend to get over it quicker (and die faster)