PDA

View Full Version : My Shogun Total War: WE doesn't work, HELP!

hellas1
04-13-2005, 01:17
Hi folks,

I own a 2 disk copy of Shogun Total War:WE from Sold Out games based out of England.

As of 3 days ago, it worked fine w/no probs.
Now, It's not executing at all. It installed fine, the initial splash screen comes up but no game! The box clearly says XP compatible and it DID work before.

I downloaded Nvidia's new driver for my P4 2.4 GHZ, 512 MB of RAM, CD-Rom, DVD-Rom, less than one year old machine, what yesterday or 2 days ago and now this.

Can someone help me with this issue? I did notice slight scratch marks on my first cd (play cd).

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Togakure
04-13-2005, 02:02
Between three days ago and now, have you downloaded/installed anything new? What has changed on your 'puter? If not, what sites have you visited in the last three days?

Am I understanding you correctly that you've reinstalled it since three days ago when it worked?

Has the scratch always been there, or was it made in the last three days?

One of the Windows XP service packs is reputed to wreak havoc on some games, particularly older ones. I'm not sure which one but someone here will prolly know. Also, graphics drivers seem to be the biggest culprit when problems like this occur. I'm only semi-technical and don't run XP, so all I can do is ask these questions so the others who do know XP will have information to consider.

Good luck in solving your problem, and welcome.

Shambles
04-16-2005, 23:08
There are Lots of similar posts along these lines now,
Any body want to Merge them in to 1?

Im geting confused as to which ive replied to. lol

P.s

Sounds like you need to roll back to previous display drivers.

And i play this game on xp sp2 all the updates so on n so forth,