PDA

View Full Version : Please, some confirmation on this

Betito
04-20-2005, 00:42
Haven't played in a while, so i don't remember the exact mecanic of this bug:

Protectorates are still bugged in 1.2, mostly in the economic side: (IIRC) when i demand a protectorate and the other one accepts, it is now THEIR treasury the one that gets severely decimated(Remember that in 1.0 it was the protecter the one who lost? well, now it's the opposite). This error continues to show up in every single turn( in the economic summary), but the money is added no more.

Ok, perhaps i don't explain myself very clear, so let's give an example: I was Carthage and was at war with egypt. I had 600k and they had 100k in treasury. Somehow, they accepted to be my protectorate.

The next turn, i noticed my treasury has gone from 600k to 700k, i saw the diplomacy section of the summary and noticed that i had 100K of income just for the concept of diplomacy... this part is where begin to suspect this is a bug

Next turn, everything goes back to normal (from 700k to 705k in treasury), however, the economic report indicated that i had ANOTHER 300k from diplomacy... at this point i AM certain this is definately a bug

This inconsistency has been happening every turn , allow me to show you. Notice that it still happens even now that i'm at war with egypt

http://img250.echo.cx/my.php?image=diplomacy2mi.jpg
http://img252.echo.cx/my.php?image=treasury8cf.jpg

This campaign was played in unmodded RTW 1.2... could someone give any confirmation of this happening to you??

Divinus Arma
04-20-2005, 05:01
I too have noticed this, though the amount was not so great. I suggest you post this in the "bugs" sticky.

Betito
04-20-2005, 14:06
I posted it in the Ludus Magna sticky... but i decided to post it here as well to see iif anyone else had noticed this flaw, or it was just a strange anomaly in my campaign

tmonk42
05-25-2005, 23:32
I posted it in the Ludus Magna sticky... but i decided to post it here as well to see iif anyone else had noticed this flaw, or it was just a strange anomaly in my campaign

Yeah, I ran into this recently as well. In my case it was me as TSE accepting becoming Egypt's protectorate (I wanted a few more turns to build up before attacking, heh). I noticed I had like 2,500 outgoing to them on the financial page. Very next turn they attack me. Every turn after that my financial shows an outgoing amount of 2,500. I was pretty early in my game and didn't bother to do the math and see if it was just a display bug or if I was indeed still paying them that much every turn, I just restarted and told them to go to hell when they asked in the next game.

I suppose if it's just a display bug then it doesn't matter, but it sure scared me off from accepting becoming somebody else's protectorate.