PDA

View Full Version : American War for Independence - Total War

[GG]Ashram
04-20-2005, 05:24
Salute, Gentlemen!

We at the Grenadier Guards are happy to announce the imminent release of our first mod for MTW (or actually for Napoleonic Total War.) Please come visit The Grenadier Guards Modding Team at our forums for more information!

www.ntwgg.com

Enjoy!

[GG]Ashram

A very special thanks to the Lordz (www.thelordz.co.uk) for making this mod possible in the first place!

[GG]Ashram
04-28-2005, 05:44
S! all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that as the Mod is prepared for release, I thought I would post a unit by unit preview of the new Factions for everyones reading pleasure. So please do stop by the AWI-TW forums at http://ntwgg.proboards26.com/

Thanks much, and hope to see you there!

[GG]Ashram

Pericles
04-28-2005, 15:32
There are no words to describe how beautiful those screenshots are!

Thank you for this mod and for all the hard work that went into this.

May I suggest to the moderators to stickie this thread?

Well done!

[GG]Ashram
04-28-2005, 15:38
Thanks for the kind words!

A lot of the work you see is based on the work The Lordz did for the fanastic Napoleonic Total War series, and in fact you will need to have this mod installed for the American War for Independence mod to work. However, once you do, you will enjoy! The game is nicely balanced, covers a time that has never been addressed in the Total War engine, and I have to admit features the most beautiful maps that have ever been made for Total War, BAR NONE.

So do keep checking in, for more screenshots, unit descriptions, and the like, and enjoy!

S!

[GG]Ashram

Pericles
04-28-2005, 15:43
Is a campaign for this mod being plannned for a future release?

[GG]Ashram
04-28-2005, 18:01
Well, I hate to say but probably not... as of now:)

I have sort of made this mod alone, with some generous advice and help from The Lordz, but honestly the campaign map making aspect of it is beyond me :( If, however, someone out there has some skill at that, I would LOVE to include a campaign!

For now this will be a SP custom and MP game only.

Also, I am looking to get this done soon so I can begin the next project!:)

*Runs into the corner and puts on his blue kepi...*

;)

Thanks!

[GG]Ashram

[GG]Ashram
04-28-2005, 21:14
The Beta V .5 has been released to the public. Please see the following Forum for details:

http://ntwgg.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=AWITW

cegorach
05-11-2005, 16:33
Are there any historical battles ?

I can help you with them if you need, I am rather good at preparing these ~:) ~:cheers:

[GG]Ashram
05-13-2005, 05:14
Ah, no there is not yet, although there ARE Historical maps for MP. Honestly, the AI is just so poor for Single Player that historical battles are almost not worth it.

However, the mod is a GREAT deal of fun... I thought I would post some more details here!

This all new mod for the Napoleonic Total War game brings an entirely new era of war to the Total War engine. It will enable the players to play either Single Player custom battles or Multiplayer battles during the era of the American Revolution. AWI-TW features, among other thingsā€¦

Three entirely new factions, the British, the Americans, and the French, with all new units and completely new styles of play. Will you march your Loyalist Militia, Hessian mercenaries, and British Regulars forward and grind the traitors into the ground beneath your well-trained boots? Or will your Minutemen, Continentals, Green Mountain Boys and American Riflemen be able to keep from the British grasp while whittling the enemy down from afar? Skirmishing, movement, and ambushing have NEVER been so important!

New unit graphics, as well as unit icons and such, to truly reflect the battlefield of the period.

Entirely new music, period fife and drum, that further draws you into the rich history of the American War for Independence.

A comprehensive map pack of the most beautiful maps ever produced for the Total War engine, including both generic examples of North American battlefields as well as researched historic maps, including Lexington and Concord, Guilford Courthouse, Bennington, Princeton, Brandywine, Bunker Hill, Monmouth, and Yorktown, among others.

New sound effects, so that your men can now march to the sound of their drums!

So gentlemen, prepare yourselves. Will you side with the British empire and defeat the rebels? Or will you side with the fledging nation of America and win independence?

Of course, a very special thanks to the Lordz (www.thelordz.co.uk,) upon whose fantastic game Napoleonic Total War this mod is based! Thanks for making this mod possible, and best of luck with NTW2!

cegorach
05-18-2005, 19:08
[QUOTE='[GG]Ashram']Ah, no there is not yet, although there ARE Historical maps for MP. Honestly, the AI is just so poor for Single Player that historical battles are almost not worth it.

It depends what battle conditions do you define to win the battle...

I don't like plain 'defeat the enemy', but you can make it

capture or kill all ( e.g 95 %) enemies in time of x minutes without losing more than 15 % of your army ~D

If you tried PMTW1 1.0 you will learn the it is possible and quite entertaining ~:cheers:

barocca
06-07-2005, 08:41
bump?

now,

where can i download a copy?

[GG]Lord Ashram
06-08-2005, 00:52
The only way to currently get it is to email me at grenadierguardscampaigns@yahoo.com, but B, I sent you the info via a private message:)

By the way, for those who are interesting... the American Civil War is coming up next! Keep your eyes on the forums at www.ntwgg.com for the Irish Brigade, Hoods Texans, and all the rest of the Blue and the Grey!

S!

[GG] Lord Ashram

[GG]Lord Ashram
06-17-2005, 00:46
Howdy folks,

Just wanted to ask if there was any way this mod could get pinned/stickied?

Thanks!

[GG] Lord Ashram