PDA

View Full Version : How to modify towers attack?

Dyonisius
04-20-2005, 22:37
Hello to all!

I'd like to know if there's a way to increase the attack of arrow & javelin towers and other buildings (if applicable) on the battle map?

I have doubled the hitpoints of all my units for more prolongated fights, but
when sieging a city I almost don't suffer any casualties. (So what use for the tortoise formation?).

I know there is a way to edit the frequency the towers shoot but, I cant seem to find a file in the data folder where to edit its attack.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Dyonisius
04-28-2005, 18:58
So, I gues there is no way to modify it then?

edyzmedieval
05-01-2005, 19:02
I don't know....I'm now part of the Modding Academy to learn how to make my own mod....Maybe you should join and then you can find out by yourself(watch out that the Modding Academy is for Rome Total War)

Icare83
05-02-2005, 11:32
Why are you talking about testudo for medieval ? If you are asking for Rome, then ask it in the appropriate forum, but just in case, i give you the solution for medieval.

Yes it is possible (at least for medieval) go at the models folder, select your tower folder and edit the txt file (ex i want to edit the catapult tower = then i edit "Catapult tower.txt")

Name model_catapult_tower
HeightType ORIGIN
obstacletype cylinder
Weapons 12 12
weaponorigin 0 800 0 90 360
weaponorigin 0 775 0 90 360
staticscale 0.7
animscale 0.7
sfx 1 SE_BUILDING_TOWER_CATAPULT_COLLAPSING_STONE

If you look at your "PROJECTILESTATS.TXT" in your medieval folder, the weapons used by tower is the 12 projectile.
If you want to change the weapons used, you can change 12 to 14 for ex, you can have several type of weapons for your tower, you just have to add the number of the weapon and the origin. You will need to make the new projectile very specific to the tower or your units will get super powers.

If you want to increase attack for your tower, you will need to add more weapons, or you will need to increase the damage for the projectiles in the projectilestats.txt

I hope this will help you.

Dyonisius
05-02-2005, 19:16
Holy cow!

I see now I was asking this question in the wrong forum :embarassed:
My apologies.

@edyzmedieval

Hey thanks, I think I will drop by once in a while. But I stopped modding now cause I had a CTD that made my version useless and I didn't had a backup of it.
I now installed RTR and am awaiting for Version 6.0. Wich I think is pretty good.

@Icare83

Indeed I was searching an answer for RTW. didn't know there was also a modforum for RTW. Anyhow thanks for your effort explaining. I think someone may find it useful.

Cheers