PDA

View Full Version : wow the Senate are under my Protectorate O_O

unseen11
04-21-2005, 08:24
Still playing as Germania, I got 3 big unstoppable armies in Arettium and Arminium, the one in Arminium had the Julii under sige for 4 years untill a gladator rebellion happened, thus ending the Julii faction (weird since the rebellion was so small and the Julii had a big stack in the city ~:confused: )

Anyway so Julii are down and I blockade the Senates port and park one of my big armies on the border with intentions of sigeing rome the next year, when during the turns the Senate offered me a ceasefire lol, I'd already crushed their huge army in a humillitaing defeat in Arretium (I only suffered 60 casualties while they lost 1000 ~;) ) and now they wanted a ceasfire when I'm right on their door step? hah not a chance, I already offered them a ceasfire ages ago and they refused. So, since protectorates never seemed to work with me, I decided to demand they become my protectorate or else I would attack the next year and they accpeted ~D

I wish I could keep them but I want to take over the whole Italian penisular and start up the Dark Ages early and I know once I redeclare war on the Scipii and Brutii the Senate will foolishly side with them.

I wonder if i can get spain under my protectorate? i could blockade their ports and smash their pitiful armies to the ground then they'd have no choice right?

Magraev
04-21-2005, 08:35
Yes it's not much fun to get a roman protectorate.

This morning I (Macedonia) invaded the italian peninsula, grabbing all Brutii cities, one scipii and one julii. At this point the julii offered peace for their city back. I decided to offer them their city back if they became my protectorate and 10.000 denari and they accepted.

Next turn I was forced to choose between my new slaves and my former allies Carthage and Gaul. The turn after I laid siege to rome, which prompted the Julii to break off from my protection :furious3:

Now I'm gonna have to eliminate the julii, and only consider making the last roman faction into a protectorate (not likely since the Scipii have expanded quite a bit, and probably won't settle in under me).

unseen11
04-21-2005, 08:45
Yeah I don't understand how a Protectorate can just break off its protectorate status with you like that. I mean they became your proptectorate for a reason and that reason is because they face being slaves or Death. I mean I would of thought after they become your protectorate they have the same diplomatic stance as you (ie the Senates Alliance with Brutii and Scpii is null and void since they arent my Allies) and if i Ally or declare war with another faction then they have to as well.

Oh well hopefully a CA dev is reading this and will think of implementing this in the expansion

King Henry V
04-21-2005, 11:34
I always heard that protectorates were absolutely useless since they drain the protectors coffers (although that would be quite fun if you were overwhelmed by a faction and want to get THEIR gold).

Magraev
04-21-2005, 12:42
Silly me just assumed that wasn't the case anymore after the latest patch.

Am I wrong ~:confused:

Viking
04-21-2005, 13:36
The 1.2 patch fixed the protectorate bug, so now you actually earn money on your protectorates

Me for instance, now earns 4000 denari per turn from my protectorate Armenia.

The Stranger
04-21-2005, 15:57
and protectorates can't break the alliance but they can choose another side (when you attack their ally) i thought

Dutch_guy
04-21-2005, 19:45
and protectorates can't break the alliance but they can choose another side (when you attack their ally) i thought

yeah you're right abvout that, it's really irritating though,
I mean they are you'rr SLAVES they don't have any say in the matter...

AntiochusIII
04-22-2005, 00:54
Yes, but provoking war in RTW is not that hard. You just need to either regularly send in "irritating" parties into their territories, and "weaken your immediate border with them. Better yet, place your annoying army on an important mountain pass within their control (and connects a part of their empire to another) like the Tarsus pass. They'll attack soon enough, and your protectorates will side with you, inevitably.

Magraev
04-22-2005, 05:44
This goes for pitting the roman factions against each other too???