PDA

View Full Version : The old king can still get it up...

Conqueror
04-22-2005, 21:44
Recently, my 64 years old Seleucid faction leader fathered a healthy daughter with his 50 year old wife. That was kinda surprising to me, though it's nice to know that the old warhorse is virile ~D Poor girl just might have to cope with the death of her parents at early age (though in the case of her father that might be for the best, he is "dangerously mad" :dizzy2:) So, anyone else got old gramps getting busy making little faction members?

Another thing I'm wondering is if anyone else tries to maintain faction leadership in direct descendancy, passing from father to son? I'm trying this thing in my game ATM, I got the idea when one of my early generals became legendary (9 stars w/ tons of good traits and called "Alexander the Mighty". Damn was left one star short, he coulda been "the GREAT" with one more) and I thought that it would be cool if all my future faction leaders could claim heritage from him. I'm keeping a foreign temple (of Aphrodite :gorgeous:) in a former Pontic city in the hope that it'll boost my faction heir's chances of having children. And I also transfer retinues like doctors to the heirs and leaders.

tibilicus
04-22-2005, 22:01
I dont really pass the throne down to my first faction leaders children. In my eyes, who ever is best gets it.

Tricky Lady
04-22-2005, 23:02
I usually try to create some sort of a father-son dynasty, but this "dynasty" often ends at the third or fourth generation, when no male heirs are born anymore... :disappointed:
If the heir doesn't have great stats, I try to make him a good general, something I am not always successfull at.

Craterus
04-23-2005, 00:11
I generally pass it on to the first son and then to the next brother.. When you come to the second row, whoever dies last passes it on to their first son unless there is a legendary general, hanging around waiting for the chance.. I've even had adoptee faction leaders.. He didn't last long, I tihnk he was murdered by his own troops because he was not of noble birth...
10-star 37 year old dieing peacefully? I doubt it.

Divinus Arma
04-23-2005, 01:42
I generally pass it on to the first son and then to the next brother.. When you come to the second row, whoever dies last passes it on to their first son unless there is a legendary general, hanging around waiting for the chance.. I've even had adoptee faction leaders.. He didn't last long, I tihnk he was murdered by his own troops because he was not of noble birth...
10-star 37 year old dieing peacefully? I doubt it.

Really? Never seen this.

Craterus
04-23-2005, 12:10
Lol, that's just my thoughts.. ~D I think it's more fun if you create some storylines if you go along. I might have to post one of my campaign stories in the Mead Hall.