PDA

View Full Version : reduced construction time

viermaaldomi
04-23-2005, 11:37
Hello everyone, I started playing Shogun Warlord's edition yesterday and noticed that the construction times and costs of all buildings were only half of the construction times and costs of the original Shogun game.Is this a bug or was this the intention of the creators of the game to switch the focus of the game to the actual fighting instead of managing your lands?

R'as al Ghul
04-23-2005, 12:22
Hi,

the changes are intentional. A lot of things changed with either the Mongol Invasion expansion
or with the 1.02 patch. Can't remember which.

:bow:

R'as

Togakure
04-23-2005, 13:03
Yep. Warlord Edition/Mongol Invasion changed and added a bunch of stuff. One other difference was that Geishas, which took 4 seasons to build in the original, take 8 seasons in WE/MI.

I don't think it really reduces provincial management per se; it just changes the rate at which you can develop your infrastructure and expand. It allows for better units sooner, and more of them, which I find to be nice. I used to get pretty tired of fighting the majority of battles with huge stacks of nothing but archers, ysams, and ashis.

Definitely try the 1530, 1550, and 1580 full campaigns. They are rather different than the original Sengoku Jidai. Even the Sengoku has little changes from the original (like a Legendary Sword Dojo in Tosa at game begin--a niiice target for the Shimazu).

viermaaldomi
04-23-2005, 13:33
Thanks for the replies guys.I also like this change by the way.I used to think Medieval had come up with a lot of great changes,but now I see a lot of them were already introduced in the MI extension.I think both games are fantastic,but the Shogun units are just so much cooler (nodachi samoerai,warrior monks,battlefield ninjas!)

tool Dude
04-23-2005, 13:42
Hi viermaaldomi,

Yeah, Japanese warriors are way kool and nice to play with cause they are the true samurai (which is really awsome I might say than any warriors). I really really like them so much. ~:)

Enjoy playing. ~:cheers:

Irinami
04-24-2005, 03:49
I like ninja!!!! These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

I thought of this post right before bedtime. I got so pumped I almost kicked my mom right in the face! (http://www.realultimatepower.net/)

Togakure
04-24-2005, 04:11
~:eek: Dammit man, you're blowin' my cover. :embarassed:

I'm reporting you to Hamburger Sensei. Expect your head to be collected shortly. And notice, we use dull, safety-tipped ninja-tos that look like a cheap wannabe katana--but they're NOT. Muwhahaha ... your days are numbered m8. Maybe they'll let me come along and flip out this time.

Wah! Gah!!

Correction: not all ninja are sweet. I'm salty. At least I'm not sour ... .

(Fun link ~:) ).

P.S. the other two links to the maps you mentioned aren't working (for me). I'm getting the standard "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message.

tool Dude
04-24-2005, 07:48
Awww...man!! How can i forgot to mention about ninjas!! Just make me think of them so badly rite now!!

Im with you Toga!!...Huahuahua...

P.S. Im off to tha Request for A STW Campaign Map Thread to check it out.

Drisos
04-25-2005, 09:34
Welcome to the .org viermaaldomi! :bow:

viermaaldomi
04-25-2005, 10:44
Thanks Drisos, I wish I could help you with your problems,but I am an idiot when it comes to technical difficulties with computers.I hope they will be solved soon.

Drisos
04-25-2005, 11:24
Thanks Drisos, I wish I could help you with your problems,but I am an idiot when it comes to technical difficulties with computers.I hope they will be solved soon.

Me too, that's problably the reason why it's still not fixed, but I still have hope.

CU at the .org!
:bow:
drisos

btw: have you introduced yourself to KukriKhan already? You can do that in the Entrance hall in the 'Hail New Members (introductions)' thread. If you do, you'll become a full member sooner. >>> edit-button, lager pm-box and a few other privileges!

barocca
04-25-2005, 11:39
that site remains a hoot...
Seppuku
The ancient art of killing yourself if you get super pissed and can't find anybody else to kill.

please - think of the kittens....

B.

viermaaldomi
04-25-2005, 21:34
I have introduced myself now Drisos,thx for the tip!