PDA

View Full Version : Man, I hate those chariots!

Copperhaired Berserker!
04-24-2005, 22:03
what i don't like about chariots is that when you charge a unit of chariots into a unit of the emeny they stop right infront of the enemy and then go right into them terribley, which kills easily the chariots :furious3: .anybody be able to help?

Ps this is my first post! ~:grouphug: ~D

Uesugi Kenshin
04-25-2005, 03:13
I don't use chariots much, but you could try re-clicking on the enemy unit when they are very close to them.

Productivity
04-25-2005, 03:18
Charge through the enemy, not onto them. Then when the fight indicator comes up then click on them.

katank
04-25-2005, 03:20
When using chariots, always click past the enemy unit and make them charge through. Also always follow up the chariot charge immediately with a cav charge. This typically causes instarout.

Seleucids have a killer all cav combo of eles, scythe chariots, and companions/catas. The solid three waves will wash over and kill most any army when timed correctly.

Marcus Maxentius
04-25-2005, 07:42
I always hear this, but it doesn't make sense to me. If you do that, they don't "charge" they'll "march" slowly doing some incidental regular damage with the rout coming from their scares infantry attribute. Don't you want a charge bonus and units getting knocked all over the place? You might lose control of them for a bit, as well. Do you mean moving toward the center of the group you want to charge and then double clicking attack? I do this chasing routing units with cav who start running alongside them. But, I agree they are hard to control and all.

Hold Steady
04-25-2005, 08:23
Question: when running at full speed THROUGH a unit, is it not so that the individual members of these runners get a charging bonus when colliding with anything alive en belonging to an enemy? Or is thius charge bonus only begotten when actually using double click sword at enemy unit at enough a distance etc etc.?

lismore
04-25-2005, 14:38
Charge through the enemy, not onto them. Then when the fight indicator comes up then click on them.

Hi

Ive found that if you charge them like this through cavalry then they can be devastating.............against infantry through you would be better with cavalry.

Lismore ~:)

tibilicus
04-25-2005, 15:37
I hate chariots. I hate egyptian chariots the most. I also hate Egypt lots. and lots and lots. had the express my hate for them sorry.

Copperhaired Berserker!
04-25-2005, 16:13
thanks for ur ideas! ~:grouphug: now i'm better using them :duel:
as to eygpt being too hard battlesare easy but they make huge armys which are hard to destroy :embarassed:

Romeus Petrus
04-25-2005, 19:32
I always hear this, but it doesn't make sense to me. If you do that, they don't "charge" they'll "march" slowly doing some incidental regular damage with the rout coming from their scares infantry attribute. Don't you want a charge bonus and units getting knocked all over the place? You might lose control of them for a bit, as well. Do you mean moving toward the center of the group you want to charge and then double clicking attack? I do this chasing routing units with cav who start running alongside them. But, I agree they are hard to control and all.
To make chariots charge through an enemy unit you have to double click at some point after that unit, this way your chariots will charge right through it.

Viking
04-25-2005, 20:08
To make chariots charge through an enemy unit you have to double click at some point after that unit, this way your chariots will charge right through it.

And the chariots will get the charge bonus?? That doesn`t make any sense!

Craterus
04-25-2005, 20:32
Welcome Beserker! ~:wave:

I've never had problems charging chariots in, they're devastating especially with Egypt.
I prefer chariot archers, best mounted missiles in my opinion..