PDA

View Full Version : Frequent lost connections?

Oaty
04-25-2005, 00:45
I do'nt multiplay often. But I decided to go online for the weekend and had tons of lost connections. Out of about 10 games attempted only 3 were succesfuly launched. The connection was lost right at the start.

So is it Gamespy or me.

Do a lot of the other multiplayers here lose sync a lot and is gamespy bad on weekends for multiplay.

Wishazu
04-25-2005, 03:14
it is gayspy mate, try playing in the competitive lobby, ive never had a disconnection in there

tibilicus
04-25-2005, 15:52
You think you have got it bad listen to this. Everytime i have my internet conected even if i dont play online RTW minimzes itself every 2/3 minutes. So i either dont play online frequently or suffer the risk of the game being shutdown or minimized ever 3 minutes. Now thas bad.

NihilisticCow
04-25-2005, 16:00
Tibilicus - are you getting pop up windows or the like appearing? AFAIK RTW would only minimise if you switch to another application, hit the windows key, alt-tab etc. Try running Adaware to check for any spyware/adware on your system.

tibilicus
04-25-2005, 16:32
i will but i just keep on forgeting. i shall write it big on the kitchen table to remember. ~D

Puzz3D
04-25-2005, 16:51
it is gayspy mate, try playing in the competitive lobby, ive never had a disconnection in there
Activision customer support will tell you that the problem is not with GameSpy, that the problem is in the client software (RTW) and that it's not their responsibility to correct it.

Winston
05-01-2005, 03:20
Activision customer support will tell you that the problem is not with GameSpy, that the problem is in the client software (RTW) and that it's not their responsibility to correct it.

Whose responsibility is it to correct it? Is there any hope that there might a patch or such to help with this problem? With every game I host I get a message at the top of the game screen saying “You have been disconnected from gamespy” and at the end of the battle have to quit rome and start it up again just to reconnect to game spy. Most all games I try to join it says “failed to join GS” It’s a bit much after spending my cash to put up with something that half works. :furious3: