PDA

View Full Version : Random shutdown

|OCS|Virus
05-12-2005, 00:38
Hello all, I have started playing STW again recently {warlord addition} and it starts randomly shutting down and I have absolutly no idea why, the first thing that I started to do was download the patches, I am now at version 1.02. But it is still shutting down, does anyone know why it is that this happens?

EDIT after recent tinkering I have found that it is indeed NOT random, but rather when I reach spring of 1553. Just thought I would say that maybe it will help.

Thoros of Myr
05-12-2005, 04:59
Yes, crashing at that exact date...I've had this problem before last year after a compter upgrade. After a few weeks of finding no solution I uninstalled the game in frustration and when I reinstalled it a few months later it worked fine. Can't honestly say I know what fixed it but it may be related to video card drivers, sound card drivers, or video/audio codecs or any combination of the three . I remember discussing this problem with several others that shared it in the official total war forums, it seemed very strange and elusive as to how to fix it. Some people were able to simply install different video card drivers but that didn't work for me.

Maybe someone else knows exactly how to fix it but I have told you all I know about it.
You could post your system specs...might be helpful.

|OCS|Virus
05-12-2005, 06:27
ah thankyou, that was most helpfull. I will try reinstalling some other time, I just got cought up in MTW, so I'm preoccupied.

Shambles
05-22-2005, 21:39
I also had a problem with tthe sword dojo It would crash my pc if i tried to Build any units from it,
A reinstall fixe that to,